I Love Living Over an ABANDONDED Mine I Really DO.

ironeagle2006

So far I am alive and theHouse well lets just say ever have that feeling that your living in a Hydraulic Press that is set to Crush SUPER SLOW and it is Running. The main Joist in the Living room that was covered with Plaster and Paint is shedding all its Paint and stuff I have new Cracks in the Walls and now my Front door has SHED all the trim it had. Called my Insurance company Adjuster should be here tomorrow he is waiting on the State to move their Butts and we all know how SLOW Goverment can move. The Ground in the Front Yard is getting so soft it is like walking on a Sponge and the cracks well lets just say I quit Looking as it was making me cry.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006 http:///t/392548/i-love-living-over-an-abandonded-mine-i-really-do/20#post_3486630
So far I am alive and theHouse well lets just say ever have that feeling that your living in a Hydraulic Press that is set to Crush SUPER SLOW and it is Running. The main Joist in the Living room that was covered with Plaster and Paint is shedding all its Paint and stuff I have new Cracks in the Walls and now my Front door has SHED all the trim it had. Called my Insurance company Adjuster should be here tomorrow he is waiting on the State to move their Butts and we all know how SLOW Goverment can move. The Ground in the Front Yard is getting so soft it is like walking on a Sponge and the cracks well lets just say I quit Looking as it was making me cry.
You might want to get you pictures and stuff out and move to a motel. That could be a sink hole waiting to happen.

ironeagle2006

By the Time I am done with my Insurance Agent and her Company is done with her SHE will be lucky to KEEP her JOB. She SAT on my claim til this MORNING it turns out and it will be tomorrow BEFORE anyone can get here to look at the house. Now we are hearing the Structure of the house move but if we leave it Per the Farm we can not have a Legit Claim. So we have to hope like Hell the house is still here when they get here. Then to top it off the Slab separating from the Ground on the north side of the house.

bubblegurl

I would raise hell, go over her head and demand someone get there NOW! If it's that dangerous and you can't leave because it risks your coverage, they'd better be prepared for the ramnifications. call your own engineer and get them there, the insurance co should have to cover the expense. There's no way I'd wait in this type of situation! I'd also ensure she did not have a job. I hope you are documenting everything, phone calls, damages etc.

bender77

I agree with all of the above. Call the insurance claim department, you don't need your agent to file a claim do not sleep there until it's inspected. Fingers crossed for the best possible out come
Just noticed there was a second page LOL I can't imagine that not being there would void your claim, your life is at risk!! Go on a mini vacation, visit family whatever, but I would not stay there and I would be on the phone raising 10 kinds of hell until someone came out asap

bubblegurl

I'm sitting pondering this, can you call your fire department or emergency responders and have them come out to inspect? Tell them what your insurance co said and you feel in danger staying there. I'm sure they would attend and if they evacuate you, you'd have an official report from authorities, how could they possibly void your claim?

bender77

I'm sitting pondering this, can you call your fire department or emergency responders and have them come out to inspect? Tell them what your insurance co said and you feel in danger staying there. I'm sure they would attend and if they evacuate you, you'd have an official report from authorities, how could they possibly void your claim?
That's a good idea. Do you have gas? Call the gas company too and say you smell a leak or you are worried in the housed current condition.

ironeagle2006

The thing is State Farm here in IL is that 800 LB Gorilla in the Room. They have Lobbied and gotten rules so Restrictive so hard on Mine Claims that if the Homeowner Claims it and until it is Determined that it is one UNLESS the Adjuster Says that it is in danger of Collapse that the Homeowner MUST Be in the house at all times unless at Work. No Vacations no Visits to Family and such my info comes from a BIL a VP at the Farm so he would know his stuff. Even he is Scared about this for us. If it does go we are moving SOUTH to around Amarillo where the Job Market is Good the Schools are Good and the Taxes are LOW. That tell you anything. I am giving IL the FINGER and all the Coal Mines under her.

geridoc

A question for State Farm: If the house were on fire would they require that you remain in the house until their fire adjuster arrived, or would they prefer that you evacuate? Generally, all you are expected to do is take reasonable precautions to safeguard the property in your absence and your coverage should be good.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeriDoc http:///t/392548/i-love-living-over-an-abandonded-mine-i-really-do/20#post_3486835
A question for State Farm: If the house were on fire would they require that you remain in the house until their fire adjuster arrived, or would they prefer that you evacuate? Generally, all you are expected to do is take reasonable precautions to safeguard the property in your absence and your coverage should be good.
Yeah, I think someone is reading the rules a little too literally. If that house collapsed with someone inside that insurance company would be paying out millions.

snakeblitz33

I don't know... maybe Mr. Eagle wants to make those millions... then he could have a HUGE fish tank. XD
All kidding aside, I think that you would be better off if you did get an official report from a local emergency department. I also recommend calling the gas company and see if you can get any kind of report about it. Then, I would call the insurance claims department instead of going through an agent - and send in copies of the official reports and then REPORT that insurance agent as well. In this case, your state farm agent is NOT there for you.

geridoc

Last year I had an issue with State Farm when my car was totaled, and they lost my title forms, delaying payment for months. I finally wrote to the president of State Farm, and got a prompt call from a "vice-president", who fixed things in 24 hours. Maybe you should go straight to the top, too!

S

siptang

Wow that's is total BS. House is about to fall down any min and you have to stay inside the house for your claim to go through?? state farm just doesn't make sense... this is stupid...
I suggest you go to a motel.. your property is no longer safe and your safety comes first.

bubblegurl

The thing is State Farm here in IL is that 800 LB Gorilla in the Room. They have Lobbied and gotten rules so Restrictive so hard on Mine Claims that if the Homeowner Claims it and until it is Determined that it is one UNLESS the Adjuster Says that it is in danger of Collapse that the Homeowner MUST Be in the house at all times unless at Work. No Vacations no Visits to Family and such my info comes from a BIL a VP at the Farm so he would know his stuff. Even he is Scared about this for us. If it does go we are moving SOUTH to around Amarillo where the Job Market is Good the Schools are Good and the Taxes are LOW. That tell you anything. I am giving IL the FINGER and all the Coal Mines under her.
Ok, so they have rules regarding mine claims, you attempted to file a claim and your rep told you it's not that bad or it looks bad to file and it sat on her desk. Meanwhile they are telling you, you can't leave or it voids your claim. If they make you stay, then they have a responsibility to send someone immediately to investigate and if they don't, then what? Someone has to get hurt or die? I'm scared for you and relieved to see you posting today as that means your house is still standing and you are ok. Hopefully they are there today to investigate and you have time to remove your family, belongings and fish tank! Keep us posted, good luck!!

ironeagle2006

Finally Getting somewhere with BOTH the Farm and the STATE and I am not talking about my Insurance company EITHER. Insurance Company handed the Claim to the State and said the House was Damaged in the INITAL Slide and so they will be out in less than 24 hours. She has been with SF for over 25 Years and knows most of the Damage if there is any happens in the first the 96 hours. So now that the first 72 has past I should be FINE according to her. She said in all the years she has been with State Farm only 2 times has a house been swallowed up in a collaspe and both times the House has a Water Leak leading to undermining which caused a faster Collaspe of the mine.
The State will be handling the repairs from here and once they declare it to be Mine Subsusdy then the Farm will come in and make Temp Repairs to like my Doors and stuff til the Mine Stops Moving then after the State Fills in the Mine that did Collaspe with Cement the Permenet Repairs will begin and all repairs to the house will be done at that time and all Systems will be checked for any and All Damage and repaired. It takes about 5-10 years for a Normal one of these Claims to happen from Start to Finish as the State has to WAIT for the mine to STOP MOVING before the repairs can begin. If the house Collaspes in that time the State has to Pay off my Mortage and then the Farm will give me my Full Replacement value so I could make out like a BANDIT.

S

siptang

I'm glad to hear that they are getting off their fat butts to actually do something for you. I will keep you in my prayers today buddy.

ironeagle2006

Now I lay my Arse down to Sleep. I pray to all Dieties I can think of to keep it safe. If my house is Swallowed before morning then I guess I should have Prayed Harder.
Now that is over only a few more Cracks today found but one was in the Slab of the House and it goes the WHOLE width of it. That one has me Worried BIG TIME. Also windows are begining to twist. At least the State is Due HERE in the MORNING to check it out. That T Handled Plumbers Locater Spike I borrowed from a buddy that was 6 feet long that went into the crack and did not hit a thing was a wake up call for me.
Will let you know if I am here in the morning WISH MY ARSE LUCK.