I Love Living Over an ABANDONDED Mine I Really DO.

ironeagle2006

Where the Roof is begining to fail it is in a Breezeway that we only use as a Access point for outside areas. The Crack is maybe 1/4 of an inch long in a exposed 2X12 Rafter on 16 inch centers the loss of one will not comprimise the roof. Texas is looking better and Better every DAY.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006 http:///t/392548/i-love-living-over-an-abandonded-mine-i-really-do/60#post_3487600
Where the Roof is begining to fail it is in a Breezeway that we only use as a Access point for outside areas. The Crack is maybe 1/4 of an inch long in a exposed 2X12 Rafter on 16 inch centers the loss of one will not comprimise the roof. Texas is looking better and Better every DAY.
I would be convinced the house was going to be swallowed by the Earth...I would not sleep in there, I would camp outside with my family and be ready to hide all the camping gear if the agent shows up, since they want you living inside the house. I would stay and send my family away to safety and live in the car. I would do anything but stay in that house until it was fixed.
When windows are twisted, the door are buckeled and the roof is cracked...it's time to get out.

ironeagle2006

The Guy that was supposed to be here Friday well he got Delayed a couple days. A tornado ripped his house apart in his town and I can see the need to Be home for that. Yes my home is Damaged but he LOST his house in 20 Seconds. He should be here Monday. That report is from my Insurance Company.

travelerjp98

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006 http:///t/392548/i-love-living-over-an-abandonded-mine-i-really-do/60#post_3487623
The Guy that was supposed to be here Friday well he got Delayed a couple days. A tornado ripped his house apart in his town and I can see the need to Be home for that. Yes my home is Damaged but he LOST his house in 20 Seconds. He should be here Monday. That report is from my Insurance Company.
Wow - that's crazy.
I never want to move to Illinois!

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelerjp98 http:///t/392548/i-love-living-over-an-abandonded-mine-i-really-do/60#post_3487624
Wow - that's crazy.
I never want to move to Illinois!
Illinois is a large state...I live near the Wisconsin border and we don't have anything like collapsing mine shafts, or earthquakes like in California, or Hurricanes like Florida...an occassional tornado warning but not as bad as Kansas, but we do have lots of severe thunderstoms. The winters are a bit rough, but nothing like way up north. So for what it's worth, compared to other states...Illinois isn't bad at all.

travelerjp98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///t/392548/i-love-living-over-an-abandonded-mine-i-really-do/60#post_3487633
Illinois is a large state...I live near the Wisconsin border and we don't have anything like collapsing mine shafts, or earthquakes like in California, or Hurricanes like Florida...an occassional tornado warning but not as bad as Kansas, but we do have lots of severe thunderstoms. The winters are a bit rough, but nothing like way up north. So for what it's worth, compared to other states...Illinois isn't bad at all.
At least I wouldn't want to move to where Iron Eagle lives!
Iron- are you still alive?

ironeagle2006

Pennslyvannia can be as Undermined if not More than IL in spots. The Tornado was a Freak thing as the area had a Very Severe Thuderstorm come thru and it sprouted one and it was the first one in August for 120 Years. Also my mother has a former coworker that has had 3 Differant mines collapse under her yard in the last year and she is Still living in her house. Sorry we tend to be Tougher than you think out here.

S

siptang

I still like Florida better Flower lol.
My house is built to withstand 200mph hurricane winds and hurricanes give me off days lol.
On a serious note, hurricanes are very serious matter but when prepared, it's not too bad. I just sleep through it.

dragonzim

Come to NY. No mines anywhere near me, good weather and some of the best beaches in the world! Just stupid high taxes and housing costs!

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I guess your whole town has mines underneath. That would freak me out knowing that there are mines under my property. On the other hand, if there is gold under there I guess its yours!

snakeblitz33

in penn, your house falls in a cave.
in florida your house blows away.
in louisiana, your house acts as a life raft.
in nevada, its a bomb shelter.

ironeagle2006

If the house is Declared Destroyed due to the Damage in the Foundation and with it being a Slab Style house it might be. Well lets just say the Kids and I are moving to the Panhandle of TX. Wife wants out of IL so do I the Taxes are LOWER in TX better Jobs I can handle heat a little Better now that I am losing weight and the JOB Market is better in the area we are looking at around Amarillo TX. Yeah I will be leaving my parents but they are now in a Extended care so they are being cared for and I have to do what is Best for my Family and that means finding a place where the Economy is BETTER for my wife to get a better job. Would pay off all debt and MOVE down there.
Yes my town is Completely Undermined. Just need to get the reports from the State to have the Decision made for us. Right now I have a 1/8 inch crack in my Foundation in my Dining room that is NOT pretty and humps in the middle of all the rooms along that connect with it so should be interesting.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006 http:///t/392548/i-love-living-over-an-abandonded-mine-i-really-do/60#post_3487751
If the house is Declared Destroyed due to the Damage in the Foundation and with it being a Slab Style house it might be. Well lets just say the Kids and I are moving to the Panhandle of TX. Wife wants out of IL so do I the Taxes are LOWER in TX better Jobs I can handle heat a little Better now that I am losing weight and the JOB Market is better in the area we are looking at around Amarillo TX. Yeah I will be leaving my parents but they are now in a Extended care so they are being cared for and I have to do what is Best for my Family and that means finding a place where the Economy is BETTER for my wife to get a better job. Would pay off all debt and MOVE down there.
Yes my town is Completely Undermined. Just need to get the reports from the State to have the Decision made for us. Right now I have a 1/8 inch crack in my Foundation in my Dining room that is NOT pretty and humps in the middle of all the rooms along that connect with it so should be interesting.
Sometimes a disaster is a blessing in disguise.
I would put my parents in extended care where ever I moved to....That's just me, and I know every situation is different. Many old folks don't handle changes very well.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///t/392548/i-love-living-over-an-abandonded-mine-i-really-do/60#post_3487754
Sometimes a disaster is a blessing in disguise.
I would put my parents in extended care where ever I moved to....That's just me, and I know every situation is different. Many old folks don't handle changes very well.
Most of the old timers I know would tell their kids to pound sand if they tried to move them to another state. We went through this with my inlaws not that long ago. My father in law thought about it but ultimately wanted to stay where their friends were

S

siptang

Good to see that you are still alive!
Let me know if the inspector makes out there today and the verdict!