IRC (Indiana Reefers Club)

O

oreo12

looking forward to the next meeting. the frags I got from you are doing great. Hope you liked the zoos. Hope more people bring trades next time. I think once we get past this bad weather more will show up. for anyone that did not come hope to met you at the next meeting.

O

oreo12

here are some photos of my tanks and corals
center 75

left side 75

right side 55

center 55

left side 55

rookiefish

hey everyone im up here in the great town of lafayette. I was wondering if would be ok to join i dont think i would be able to attend any meeting as i found out my transmission has died today. i would like to join the lfs has some info but not everything i want to know or can answer my questions. if some one could get ahold of me at speedy19992003@yahoo.com that would be great! in the title put something in referance to the club or swf.com ya know along those lines so they dont go to the junk pile!! thanks and hope to hear from some one soon!!! rookiefish

sully

Very nice tank oreo12. I would like some more info about the club and get togethers. I work 6 day's on 2nd shift so sunday's would work out pretty good for me. Thanks, Doug in Marion Indiana. sully@netusa1.net

fishgeek01

To all our members... Thanks for the overwhelming response to my blunt email that I sent to the members. I just want to clarify for the record, that I am not going to be shutting down the club (never crossed my mind), and that I am not frustrated with the fact that its not an overnight success. I didn't think that it would be. I do want to say for the record that this club and its members showed a real passion for it when we started, but that has seemingly faded. I set things like the trip up for our members so that you can all enjoy the benefits of being part of an organization. None of us singly could go on the behind the scenes tour, but as a group we would be able to, catch my drift (no pun intended lol) This is set up for all of you. So when I email and ask what you want to have discussed in the newsletter I expect at least one response. No one responded. When I ask when and where would be better to have the meetings, I expect a response. Recieved none, yet when I send an email such as the one yesterday I hear from more of you than I have the entire time we have had this going. Seems a little off to me.
So for the record, this month we will have our meeting on the 10th of March at 7:00 pm at my house. Email me for directions. The trip will be on the 18th of this month. If we do not get enough people to go on the behind the scenes tour we will still be going for the usual walk through. I will discuss prices at our meeting.
Rookiefish and Sully: hopefully this response has not disuaded you from joining, you will receive an email from me shortly about our club and what we do.
Oreo 12 the tank is looking great. I will have to come see it in person.
Bronco: How are the zoos.
Otty: No worries on my end about the club, we will keep on meeting man... How is the 265
Indy dirk: How is the colony and frag you got at the last meeting? Hope they are doing well.
To everyone else, hope to hear from you soon, and see you at the meeting...
Jay (Fishgeek01)

fishgeek01

Okay, need to know if any of you have changed a wet-dry over to a refugium and sump, we have a member writing an article for the April newsletter about it, and we would like some help...

O

oreo12

Originally Posted by Fishgeek01
Okay, need to know if any of you have changed a wet-dry over to a refugium and sump, we have a member writing an article for the April newsletter about it, and we would like some help...
No sorry have never done that before

fishgeek01

Ok guys, the meeting is on the 10th at 7:00 the ususal meeting place. Email me for directions if needed. The newsletter should go out tomorrow or Saturday. Not much time between it and the meeting, but had to do it that way due to the trip in march. The trip to the aquarium is going to happen, even the behind the scenes tour. as of now I have 12 people signed up. Remember if you have signed up I must have your money for the trip by the 10th, or on the 10th. I am making the arrangements today for the 12 that have signed up, so if anyone else wants to go, today is the last day to sign up. I must hear from you via email by 3:00 today. sorry no exceptions

fishgeek01

We are all signed up and ready to visit the Newport Aquarium on the 18th. Details will be discussed at the meeting on the 10th... Thanks again for your participation

O

oreo12

Hey dose anyone have any frags of hammer or frogspawn they would like to trade at the next meeting?

O

otty

Originally Posted by Fishgeek01
Otty: No worries on my end about the club, we will keep on meeting man... How is the 265
Jay (Fishgeek01)
The 265 gal was born on 3-5-07 about 8:50 pm. She has one yellow tail damsel in there cycling the tank. I think that fish could live through a nucular blast......
Will cycle for about 8 weeks with lights off and if parameters are solid I will turn on the actinic for about 4 weeks to seed the coralline and at about week 12 hit the 3 400w MH's. I want bacteria not algae to grow in this tank.
After that I'll start adding fish and coral every week if the water parameters are stable and solid. Bunch of work has gone into this and I am ready to relax and enjoy. Maybe we can mark the June 16th meeting at my pad, she should be ready for display by then.

O

oreo12

Anyone coming to the meeting have any thing they are bringing to trade? Maybe we can list them here. I have a keny tree frag and toadstoll frags I could bring if no one shows any intrested here in them I am leaving them at home.

kogle

Jay, It's still up in the air on whether or not my wife and I will be at the meeting but at the very least I'll get you the trip money sometime during the day on Saturday. I'll also make sure Jimmy and Kristina get you their money...

crazyfrog

I'm sorry we keep backing out of meetings. We have several clubs that we're already members of. Plus its tough for us to drive down to Columbus (we live in Lafayette) anytime.
We actually don't have anything planned for this weekend (except for brewing a beer) but we just got back from an unplanned roadtrip to western PA for family so we're absolutely exhausted.
I really hope we can make a meeting soon! I feel bad about commiting to this new club and not making to any of the meetings. I am working on fragging what I have in the tank for the future.

fishgeek01

Looking forward to the meeting tonight, I have several corals to give away, at least one will require metal halides, also have some things to trade... Oreo12 let me see what I can do about getting you a frag of frogspawn... what do you have to trade...

fishgeek01

The trip is ready to go, I have everyone signed up except for one person that will be added at the door, the plan is to meet at the aquarium at 1:30 I have to check our group in at 1:45, and our tour starts at 2:00 Please make the appropriate arrangements to get there, some of us have talked about car pooling for more info on that email me...