Joe-L's bio cube bc29

joe-l

About 4 weeks ago I noticed a tiny white thing crawling across the glass, upon inspection I noticed it was a tiny sea star. It was to small to get a pic, and the next time I looked it was gone. Yesterday I spotted it again and it grew to the size of a penny. Heres a pic, anyone know if its reef safe?

joe-l

Thanks. I have a marble starfish, is it a baby from the marble or a hitch hiker? Anybody with an ID?

joe-l

Nice, thanks. Their pretty much safe from what I heard, even though I guess their occasionally known for eating coral and coralline algae. Ill leave em in their for now

K

kat74

I thought asterina stars were all white?
I have a couple of asterina stars in my tank and they've stayed the same size.
Yours almost looks like a baby sand sifting starfish.

K

kat74

I saw Joe's other thread and I saw some pics of other asterinas, so I must concur that it is indeed an asterina.

sculpin

I bought a 29 gallon BC just today and I hope mine can even get half as nice as yours. Very nice man, I'm taking notes

mikey12

u r doin an awsome job on ur tank keep it up lots of veriety and fish to pick from i wish i ha ur tank its a lot better.
p.s. nope my tanks bett
er

C

conchdiver83

Originally Posted by Joe-L
http:///forum/post/2552412
Tanks been up for 2 months, I did the usual mods (widened overflow from chamber 1 to 2 and replaced bioballs with LR and tunze 9002 skimmer, koralia powerhead in display). This is my first reef tank, more pics to come shortly

Hello
I just purchased a 29 bio-cube and I was wondering if you have any advise on setting it up and getting started? I am familar with salt water but i have never run a live rock tank and I have just bought the Nano Handbook. So if you have any tips I would really apperiate it!
Thanks
Conchdiver