mushroom in a blender, I'm going to prove or disprove it

Originally Posted by REEFER545
Very cool. I ll be checking this one a bunch.
In what language is "et" a word? Don't say Latin. And firther, what does itmean?
The word et is from the english language, and it means that something ate it. One could also use the phrase it was eaten. It got et is a perfectly balances sentence as well.

reefer545

Originally Posted by scrappalooza
The word et is from the english language, and it means that something ate it. One could also use the phrase it was eaten. It got et is a perfectly balances sentence as well.
Is that in the SCRABBLE dictionary? LOL. Thanks for the def.

mike22cha

Well I don't got any new exciting pics and reefkprz hasn't gotten the new camera I take it. If you're afraid about this expirement then do what I did, do it with your cheapest corals. The first batch to be blended is the 7$ mushroom umbrellas I bought from here at swf.com. Come on, let's get some more doing it.

deltablack22

Originally Posted by MIKE22cha
Well I don't got any new exciting pics and reefkprz hasn't gotten the new camera I take it. If you're afraid about this expirement then do what I did, do it with your cheapest corals. The first batch to be blended is the 7$ mushroom umbrellas I bought from here at swf.com. Come on, let's get some more doing it.
I thought about blending one up and pouring it into my frag tank... The only reason I didnt is because if you take two mushrooms of identical proportions, blend one and then subdivide one, I would tend to think that the regeneration time for tissue would be higher for those with mouthparts intact. I think most would agree. Taking that into consideration, your larger pieces will heal up faster and will be able to frag sooner and yeild more mushrooms in the longrun. Sure, if all of your blended pieces were viable you would have a ton of mushrooms, but the time it would take them to get to a blendable size again would be tremendously longer than straight fragging it. I dont know if I made much sense here but I guess what I'm trying to say is that if the long term goal is quantity and viability of frags - then I would just frag them normally.
Dont get me wrong, I love this thread... RZ has taught me a ton about fragging (probably 90% of what I know
) with all of his informative threads, but I think the purpose of this thread is just to see if it is possible, not to discover a revolutionary mushroom propogation process. And thats why more people arent doing it...

mike22cha

Originally Posted by DeltaBlack22
I thought about blending one up and pouring it into my frag tank... The only reason I didnt is because if you take two mushrooms of identical proportions, blend one and then subdivide one, I would tend to think that the regeneration time for tissue would be higher for those with mouthparts intact. I think most would agree. Taking that into consideration, your larger pieces will heal up faster and will be able to frag sooner and yeild more mushrooms in the longrun. Sure, if all of your blended pieces were viable you would have a ton of mushrooms, but the time it would take them to get to a blendable size again would be tremendously longer than straight fragging it. I dont know if I made much sense here but I guess what I'm trying to say is that if the long term goal is quantity and viability of frags - then I would just frag them normally.
Dont get me wrong, I love this thread... RZ has taught me a ton about fragging (probably 90% of what I know
) with all of his informative threads, but I think the purpose of this thread is just to see if it is possible, not to discover a revolutionary mushroom propogation process. And thats why more people arent doing it...
Ok I see. But a tank filled with little mushroom? I'd rather have a couple of cheap 'shrooms turn into a tank full of little ones opposed to having to frag over and over again. I will oder some more cheap ones and maybe even buy a nice one like a watermelon or something after I see mine start coming back and as soon as I get out of dept LOL.

deltablack22

Ok I see. But a tank filled with little mushroom? I'd rather have a couple of cheap 'shrooms turn into a tank full of little ones opposed to having to frag over and over again. I will oder some more cheap ones and maybe even buy a nice one like a watermelon or something after I see mine start coming back and as soon as I get out of dept LOL.
I didnt really think about this being the straight lazy approach, but now that you mention it.... Its a pretty good idea if you want a hands off mushroom operation.

mike22cha

Originally Posted by DeltaBlack22
I didnt really think about this being the straight lazy approach, but now that you mention it.... Its a pretty good idea if you want a hands off mushroom operation.

The guinesess(don't know how to spell that) are always lazy and make brilliant ideas how to make life easier.

deltablack22

The guinesess(don't know how to spell that) are always lazy and make brilliant ideas how to make life easier.
True

ninjamini

Hey when we get some results to this experiment can you start a new thread. This is getting way too long to follow.

mike22cha

I was thinking of starting my own thread, but reefkprz asked to show my results on here, and plus everytime I check this thread gets down on the list where people can't see it. So, I figured with two people posting pics and results, the thread will always be bumped.

big

Originally Posted by REEFER545
Is that in the SCRABBLE dictionary? LOL. Thanks for the def.

Scabble "dicanarys " only go up to 7 letter words... Where are the pictures!!!

mike22cha

4 more days till I get my lights! I'm soo excited. Yesterday we got home and there was a UPS guy across the street and the he got the wrong adress so he got back in the truck and pulled into our driveway. I got so excited before I realized he was just turning around. Dang it!

mike22cha

Just got a great suprise today and my lights came here early. I put in more filter pads in the filter and got the marbel alert badge in. I'm going to my mom's today hopefully to mow a lawn and pick up the camera. I'll get pics soon.

mike22cha

Next it's time to get my shroom's off and get them into my 20g. Question, I don't have a baggie for the shrooms to temp acclimate in. Would a large ziplock baggie work?

deltablack22

Next it's time to get my shroom's off and get them into my 20g. Question, I don't have a baggie for the shrooms to temp acclimate in. Would a large ziplock baggie work?

Yeah, a ziplock would be fine. I wouldnt even worry about it personally as long as there isnt a drastic temperature difference. Tank is looking good...

coral keeper

Here are pics of my new lights.

What kind of lights are they and how many watts is it and how much did you get them for and where did you get them from?