Nano Reef Diary :O)

So I noticed today that I have some sort of what I would describe as very tiny, size of a needle head feather dusters that are embedded into my rock. Taking pictures was unsuccessful because it is so hard to get it focused, and not only that but after the flash they hid inside their little hole/thingy.
To describe them, they are like I said, the head is about the size of a needle head and it is red. Then in a circle there are white little feather duster looking thingys. I have no idea what these are... any idea?

Wow really?! hahaha alrighty then. I just took some pics, lets see if i can get them zoomed in. Dang, no way can I get pics that zoomed in. Darn it...
You sure they aren't anything harmful, just want to double check. think they can poke u? They look somewhat dangerous with that little bit of red. Also theres at least 20 of them, do I need to worry at all? lol.. sorry a bit paranoid!

nissan577

Originally Posted by nanoreefnoob
http:///forum/post/3104464
Wow really?! hahaha alrighty then. I just took some pics, lets see if i can get them zoomed in. Dang, no way can I get pics that zoomed in. Darn it...
You sure they aren't anything harmful, just want to double check. think they can poke u? They look somewhat dangerous with that little bit of red. Also theres at least 20 of them, do I need to worry at all? lol.. sorry a bit paranoid!
na dont worry about them. they wont hurt a pod! get it a pod!
...i know no one laugh.

cool stuff, thanks for the ID help. will the get any bigger or will they always stay this small. they seem to be using the rock coraline tips where it gets really small at the tips as their tube. pretty neat

nissan577

http:///forum/post/3104476
cool stuff, thanks for the ID help. will the get any bigger or will they always stay this small. they seem to be using the rock coraline tips where it gets really small at the tips as their tube. pretty neat
no not any bigger

I'm gonna grab a big one this weekened with my clowns!! gotta find a pretty one to get. I don't want to put anything into my tank that doesn't have color. Maybe there are pink ones !

Oook so today I went and bought two blue mushrooms and a clownfish.
The first blue mushroom is the size of a dime.
The second is newly propogated im guessing because its pinkish/translucent, it's about the size of an eraser head.
Anyways, on my nano cube there is a little directional head on the return where the water shoots back into the tank.
I would like to get one that divides it into 2 sections so I can blow water in two directions.
Any ideas?
pics to come later, cam cahrging

wow! I was just given like 9 free piece of coral from this awesome guy. Got a brain, and a star polyp and a bunch of other corals, will def need ID on them. will post pics soon!!!!

Here are some pics (sized down)

So i know the front one is a brain. on the left side there are two purple xenia looking things? at the front middle i think its a pom pom xenia?
top middle rock is more purple stuff i think xenia. then theres a star polyp top middle
and on left side and right back middle side there are 2 stony corals, don't know what.
im excited, this prob typed like crap, but oh well lol

Gonna get rid of my sun coral for the following reasons.
It's dying and will prob do better in a more established tank.
My tank setup (big pieces of LR) DOES allow for a pretty dark area of my tank but getting the coral in and out of it for spot feeding is to much of a hastle
^ Sun coral won't even open. It opened a bit last night, I suppose I will continue for maybe 1-2 weeks and try to feed same time everynight to see if it opens but besides that I'm not gonna just let it sit in my tank and die.
It will do better off in someone elses tank.
also I'll prob get rid of this brain. It's kinda lame to be honest, just looks like a piece of dark green rock. I'll donate that someone elses tank as well if they want it.

meowzer

http:///forum/post/3107509
Gonna get rid of my sun coral for the following reasons.
It's dying and will prob do better in a more established tank.
My tank setup (big pieces of LR) DOES allow for a pretty dark area of my tank but getting the coral in and out of it for spot feeding is to much of a hastle
^ Sun coral won't even open. It opened a bit last night, I suppose I will continue for maybe 1-2 weeks and try to feed same time everynight to see if it opens but besides that I'm not gonna just let it sit in my tank and die.
It will do better off in someone elses tank.
also I'll prob get rid of this brain. It's kinda lame to be honest, just looks like a piece of dark green rock. I'll donate that someone elses tank as well if they want it.
has your brain not opened? You might change your mind once it opens and tentacles begin to show...
can't you move the Sun Coral to a better place so you can reach it