New 28G Nano Cube for Horses :)

meowzer

Thanks Teresa.....we will put the chiller together tomorrow....one of my Maxi-jet 1200's o-rings is no good :( BUT I have another maxi-jet 1200 I use for little w/c's.....so I will use that one for now
I am gonna order some spare o-rings too .....good to have on hand I think

meowzer

Chiller is hooked up and running great...have it set at 74...it shows 75-74...and the digital one I have on the side of the tank shows 74.8
I also broke a small piece of xenia off of a piece in the 54G tank and placed it in the 28G....I HOPE it does well....
Gonna do a small w/c sometime tonight or tomorrow morning.....

meowzer

I cut a small piece of pink star polyps off a rock in the 29G and glued it on the side of a rock in the cube......I see some open this morning, so maybe they will do good...they are OUT of control in the 29G....LOL...not as easy to get off the rock as you would think though

meowzer

Well the horses and red sea whip are due to arrive tomorrow.....The tank looks like it is ready....it's funny how cold it feels though....it is running between 74 and 74.5
I turned the chiller up to 75 cause at 74 it seemed to be closer to 73 on the digital thermometer
......I think I need to move a few nerites in there too....BUT will definitely need to temp acclimate them

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/383946/new-28g-nano-cube-for-horses/280#post_3371468
Well the horses and red sea whip are due to arrive tomorrow.....The tank looks like it is ready....it's funny how cold it feels though....it is running between 74 and 74.5
I turned the chiller up to 75 cause at 74 it seemed to be closer to 73 on the digital thermometer
......I think I need to move a few nerites in there too....BUT will definitely need to temp acclimate them
I can't keep a sea whip...even in the shade it got algae so bad the little feelers couldn't retract, I have tried 3 over the years.

meowzer

THEY'RE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and they are beautiful....I can not get pics till later....I have to get them acclimating so I can go see Pixie

meowzer

They are bigger then I thought....here are a few quick pics
In the bucket...obviously not fitting like I thought they would LOL

Red sea whip.....I just stuck it somewhere for now.....I'll decide permanent placement tonight

HERE IS THE BEST PIC....
"Are these for me mommy?"

S

smartorl

You did get some pretty ponies! I'm jealous!
I have great luck with the whips, they love bbs. Out of everything, I think it is the bbs that make them thrive.

teresaq

Very nice, and Cirri too. <3
I am leaving for a comedy show (grandma Lee) I expect pics of them in thier new home when i get back LOL

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLDreef http:///forum/thread/383946/new-28g-nano-cube-for-horses/280#post_3371865
Very nice! I love the picture with Meowzer!
HAHA...I know...he is a mess LOL
ANYWAY....one of the horses is smaller then the others and not acting the same yet.....the other 3 are all over and hitching to everything LOL....I am gonna put a little mysis in there, BUT as soon as either UPS arrives or hubby pulls in (hopefully within 30 minutes) I am outta here to go to the vet....I will not have that much time with her due to all of this :(

meowzer

TQ...if cirri are those whisker things on their heads..LOL...2 have them
here are the big 3

And the lil one.....she is swimming around....just not as actively

meowzer

OMG...they ate the mysis....YAYYYY...It did not stay in the bowl...haha...i will have to find a good position for it...BUT as soon as they saw it they went after it
UPS just came....I'm outta here

novahobbies

They look beautiful! You get them from SWF?
The pic with Meowzer is classic. Like she's surveying her dinner.......

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by novahobbies http:///forum/thread/383946/new-28g-nano-cube-for-horses/280#post_3371882
They look beautiful! You get them from SWF?
The pic with Meowzer is classic. Like she's surveying her dinner.......
YUP from SWF.....they are beauties.....and what can I say about Meowzer..LOL...he is a character
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower
http:///forum/thread/383946/new-28g-nano-cube-for-horses/280#post_3371888
Beautiful! They look like they are a pretty good size too.
They are at least 3"....I have not measured yet.....the three larger ones are all together on the purpleish fake coral.....the lil one is on the leather tree..The tiger conch just tried to clean her..haha and she snicked at it.....She is NOT as perky as the others....
should I do anything? or just leave her alone?