New 28G Nano Cube for Horses :)

spanko

They look great. Hey how is the AquaticLife Mini skimmer doing in the other tank? Get rid of the bubbles?

S

smartorl

An odd thing that I have seen with the dwarfs that may account for her behavior is that in shipping, they all try to hitch to the smaller ones. I started only shipping same size horses or shipping in seperate bags in the same box.
Way too many times, by the time I was through bagging and was starting to box, the bigger ponies would be hitched to the smaller ones even when they had grass in the bags to hitch to.
I bet they hitched on her through the shipping, if that's the case, she will take a little more time but will be fine.
This may not be the case but thought I would mention it as it seems to be normal behavior for them and when you mentioned that she was the smaller one.......

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanko http:///forum/thread/383946/new-28g-nano-cube-for-horses/300#post_3371904
They look great. Hey how is the AquaticLife Mini skimmer doing in the other tank? Get rid of the bubbles?
Thanks, and it is doing great...only acts up when I feed, and for 30 minutes or so after......NO BUBBLES YAYYYY.....ALTHO it is a little too big for the cube, so I am just gonna get the cube one
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartorl
http:///forum/thread/383946/new-28g-nano-cube-for-horses/300#post_3371912
An odd thing that I have seen with the dwarfs that may account for her behavior is that in shipping, they all try to hitch to the smaller ones. I started only shipping same size horses or shipping in seperate bags in the same box.
Way too many times, by the time I was through bagging and was starting to box, the bigger ponies would be hitched to the smaller ones even when they had grass in the bags to hitch to.
I bet they hitched on her through the shipping, if that's the case, she will take a little more time but will be fine.
This may not be the case but thought I would mention it as it seems to be normal behavior for them and when you mentioned that she was the smaller one.......
They were all in seperate bags....she is moving around....just staying low

BTW...they are PIGS......I fed them before I went out....most of the food floated away into the sea whip.....well they found it...went after it and ate it YAYYYY...

S

smartorl

THey are so pretty, they really seem to be taking it all in stride. I'm so happy for you this has been such a process of patience! Next week Pixie will be home and all will be back to normal. Only poor Meowzer will be unsatisfied, as you took his snack away, lol.

meowzer

Well lights out...and look where they all are...LOL...They love this fake coral..and tghey are all together YAYYY

meowzer

WOW...I got up this morning and they are swimming all over...even LIL ONE YAYYYY
One was even doing the seahorse dance.. LOL....you know that wiggly thing they do.....they look hungry too :)
I am getting their food ready as Ialso get ready to go to see Pixie.....I LOVE THEM

meowzer

LOL....henry you crack me up
SO the feeding bowl is still not in a good spot....all the food floated away..LOL..BUT I AM HAPPY TO SAY....ALL 4 horses chased and ATE the food....I will try a different spot for the food dish for dinenr...Maybe I need a deeper one...who knows

spanko

Is it not good for them to chase food? Seems like good exercise, snout eye coordination, more natural.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/383946/new-28g-nano-cube-for-horses/300#post_3371997
LOL....henry you crack me up
SO the feeding bowl is still not in a good spot....all the food floated away..LOL..BUT I AM HAPPY TO SAY....ALL 4 horses chased and ATE the food....I will try a different spot for the food dish for dinenr...Maybe I need a deeper one...who knows

You had horses before....I will assume you already know this but I am going to say it anyway just in case.
Soak the frozen mysis in saltwater and it will sink to the bottom of the 1 inch tube. Turn off the pumps until the horses are done feeding...I wait an hour because they are in no hurry. The food stays in the dish until the pumps go back on and the horses like to chase the few bits that go floating away, but at least it isn't as big of a waste..

meowzer

LOL...You would think exercise is good....who knows
I did not have a lot of time this morning since I was in a rush to get to see Pixie.....I will try different things feeding them each time