New 28G Nano Cube for Horses :)

gemmy

Woohoo there is water in the tank! I'm not sure at what interval the pump should be set. Sand depth looks good to me!

flower

Are you planning on a planted tank? If so you need more sand. Are you saying you have a wave maker??? I never had a gizmo like that...sounds awesome.

teresaq

sand looks a little thin, lol but you dont have rocks in there yet either. what are you planning as far as hitches????
I now nothing about the pump system on that tank, so cant help there.
Cant wait for it to clear up and some rock in there. hehe
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/383946/new-28g-nano-cube-for-horses/80#post_3364169
OK
PHEW...progress pics coming..and I have questions after the pictures
we had something like this, so the power station is plugged into it

FILLING IT UP

LIGHTS ARE A-OK

Pumps and PULSE THINGY work great

Question #1....What do you think of my sand depth?
#2. Right now I have the pumps set at 30 seconds....I could set them up to 6 minute intervals.....ANY TIPS?
#3....I don't have a #3...LOL....The lights will be going off shortly.....don;t need them right now....LOL

meowzer

TERESA....I have plenty more sand, plus I am gonna seed it with a little from my own tanks......I have at least 10 more lbs of sand left...NOt sure about hitch's yet...I know Kenya...LOL....I'll figure out the rest later....tomorrow I pick up the rest of the rock from the lady in town.....then I have to DE algae it haha
here are the night lights

teresaq

Now that its clear, I think you should be fine.
Cant wait to see the rock pieces.
I read in a thread the other day (on another site.) about someone using plastic hangers cut up to keep rock together, sounded like a neat idea, they drilled and stuck the hanger pieces in. cheaper then acrilic rods. lol

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaQ http:///forum/thread/383946/new-28g-nano-cube-for-horses/100#post_3364263
Now that its clear, I think you should be fine.
Cant wait to see the rock pieces.
I read in a thread the other day (on another site.) about someone using plastic hangers cut up to keep rock together, sounded like a neat idea, they drilled and stuck the hanger pieces in. cheaper then acrilic rods. lol
I will get pics tomorrow night....remember, they are covered with green bubble algae, so some work needs to be done

meowzer

OH....How much live sand should I use to seed it.....I am thinking 1 cup from the 225G...Will that be enough?

meowzer

UPDATE
I added about 1 1/2 cups of live sand from teh 225G and the 54G (I wanted a variety LOL) and in all reality find it extremely IMPOSSIBLE to reach the bottom of the 225G...I also added a rco kfrom the 10G that has 2 little Kenya pieces and 1 small brown polyp...to tell you the truth...I could care less if they die...haha....just wanted to toss the rock in..The tank was crystal clear until I added the sand HAHA Here it is

meowzer

THE CHILLER IS HERE....I'm gonna just put it in the cabinet for now...BUT here it is

PHEW!!!! It fits perfectly

chain

Looking good. Are you using some chemical means to cycle or are those fish for the cycle? I didn't read all the way through so I apologize if you already said previously.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chain http:///forum/thread/383946/new-28g-nano-cube-for-horses/100#post_3364584
Looking good. Are you using some chemical means to cycle or are those fish for the cycle? I didn't read all the way through so I apologize if you already said previously.
WELL...If you must know.....the sand was bagged aragonite (dead)...I added almost 2 cups of live from my other tanks.....and the pieces of rock that are in there are from my tanks too
I am not planning on these fish going thru a cycle.....I will check the water is the a.m.....and change it as I have to.....
these fish were not planned additions.....I ran out of places to put them :( they are temporary