New 300 gallon In-Wall tank build

edat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33 http:///t/394784/new-300-gallon-in-wall-tank-build/80#post_3519347
Ah, for the love of the hobby!
At least your build is going faster than shawns. :)

Maybe not.... Got it home but Its still in the van...........THIS THING IS HEAAVYYY!!!
Didn't seem so bad loading it into the van down from the truck.....but lifting it out of the van is a different story.
It may sit there tonight until everyone gets out of work/school....
FREE BEER AND STEAK TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO MOVE A TANK 10 FEET FROM THE VAN TO THE GARAGE!!!!!

edat

Guess its not official until you do a "Mermaid" pic.
My 13 year old jumped right in.
Going to leave it in the garage and drill the holes for the closed loop.

edat

First time drilling holes and it was pretty easy.

Just took it slow and kept a steady flow of water.
That last hole seemed to take forever........

edat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatervest13 http:///t/394784/new-300-gallon-in-wall-tank-build/80#post_3519768
The cuts look good!!!
Its a bit scary your first time drilling a tank. But slow and steady is the trick. Did you use the 45 degree angle to start the cut?
Thanks!
Yes I did. I was going too buy one of those guides from BRS but after I watched lots of videos of people drilling tanks and how using the 45 stopped the bit from "walking" around I decided to give it a shot.

edat

I've been so busy with the display tank I almost forgot about the frag tank I ordered from Glass Cages.
I still need to decide where I am going to put the overflow and drill the holes.
I had I built to fit on the old 125 gallon stand right along side the 29 gallon QT.
It is 36x18x8. I think the size will work out just fine. I still need to wait a 2 weeks before I can put water in it.

sweatervest13

Quote:
Originally Posted by edat http:///t/394784/new-300-gallon-in-wall-tank-build/80#post_3519782
I've been so busy with the display tank I almost forgot about the frag tank I ordered from Glass Cages.
I still need to decide where I am going to put the overflow and drill the holes.
I had I built to fit on the old 125 gallon stand right along side the 29 gallon QT.
It is 36x18x8. I think the size will work out just fine. I still need to wait a 2 weeks before I can put water in it.

I really like that footprint for a frag tank. That is going to work out well for you.

acrylic51

Looks good......To hide your bulkheads in the back panel get yourself some Krylon Fushion and paint the bulkheads themselves......

edat

Looks good......To hide your bulkheads in the back panel get yourself some Krylon Fushion and paint the bulkheads themselves......
Thanks. I will pick up more tonight. That's what I used on the back of the tank.... It will blend perfectly.
After they are painted and dried will i need to soak them in water or will they be safe once they are fully dried?

acrylic51

After you paint them they are good.....No need to soak them. I try to wait a full 7 days though to allow it to full cure so they don't chip or scratch.