New SHARK & RAYS

mike22cha

Goodwin, awesome tank man! Very cool but it is sad when you see two other tanks in the reflection of the shark and ray tank lol.
I'm suprised you haven't built a shark pond yet because obvisouly you got too much space, time, and money on your hands.

Sweet tanks!

goodwin9

Originally Posted by marinfire1
did the lookdown end up dying?
The Lookdown is no longer in the tank. I'm not sure what happened, but when I found it the shark was on it. It had been eating and didn't show any signs of disease. Now more fish in that tank, shark & rays only.

goodwin9

Originally Posted by MIKE22cha
Goodwin, awesome tank man! Very cool but it is sad when you see two other tanks in the reflection of the shark and ray tank lol.
I'm suprised you haven't built a shark pond yet because obvisouly you got too much space, time, and money on your hands.

Sweet tanks!
I know, they are located in my office. I went from a 6' desk to a 4' table. Hard to get any work done watching the tanks.....NO more tanks, I'd have to start putting them in the bathrooms if I added any more.

goodwin9

I went back and reread this thread and noticed that I had made a change since my last posts. The shark and rays are giant waste machines, and I was having troubles keeping the water in check. I thought that part of the problem may be with the skimmer that I had originally put on the skimmer so I decided to replace it with one from Deltec. What a difference a skimmer can make.. The water is more in check and I am having to do fewer water changes in the tank. It's made all of the difference in the world, well worth the investment.

goodwin9

Any new pics of the sharks and rays? Any new fish in there?
No new fish in the tank. I don't plan on adding any since the shark and rays are getting big and aggressive. They are eating & waste machines all rolled into one. I will get some new pictures posted, but until then, check out the live web cam on the tank.
http://dev.dakotareef.com/cam_test/?...640&height=480

goodwin9

Any new pics of the sharks and rays? Any new fish in there?
Group shot of the shark & rays.

J

jamparty

Originally Posted by goodwin9
I know, they are located in my office. I went from a 6' desk to a 4' table. Hard to get any work done watching the tanks.....NO more tanks, I'd have to start putting them in the bathrooms if I added any more.
is your office in the basement of your house?

psusocr1

hey goodwin,
i havent been around in some time with the move i made, but shootme an email so we can chat about the tanks!

goodwin9

Originally Posted by JamParty
is your office in the basement of your house?
My office is in the lower level of the house.

goodwin9

Originally Posted by Mach03InFront
very nice rays goodwin
i bet there neat to watch
They are nice to watch, best time is at night with just the atinics on. The look like alien spacecraft hovering and floating around in the tank....

shrimpi

Originally Posted by goodwin9
Thank you for the compliment.
To answer your question, TOO many. I have to quit reading all of these threads. I see people's beautiful tanks and setups and want one... It's too bad you can't do everything in one tank..sure would be a lot cheaper.
With the recent addition of the 2 specimen tanks in my office, I had to change my desk size from 6 foot to 4 foot. I was on the phone yesterday in my office and they asked if I was talking to them from the shower....
You asked for it...
1 470 Reef
1 210 Reef
2 200 Specimen
1 150 FOWLR
1 12 Nano
1 55 quarantine
1 80 propagation tank
Some where around 1300 gallons, not counting 350 gallons in sumps/refugiums for the various tanks.
I think that I am going to start charging a small admission from the neighbors who stop over to look at the tanks to help support my addiction.
Thank god I haven't read a thread about jellyfish as I think that they are really neat, but need their own tank.....

I love you. rofl

If only my significant other shared my addiction! That is amazing the tanks you have !
Very nice pics!
Jess/Shrimpi

goodwin9

Originally Posted by Shrimpi
I love you. rofl

If only my significant other shared my addiction! That is amazing the tanks you have !
Very nice pics!
Jess/Shrimpi
I must have changed my mind after I posted that reply cause I see the 600 gallon tank isn't in the list. Maybe a significant other would solve my addiction with this hobby...........