NEWBIE 200 gal build diary

meowzer

LOL...If it seems happy and doing well...leave it....I have read that Maximas are Rock clams....I also know that some people have them on the sand....
Just watch it closely....make sure it doesn't get any sand dumped on it by any other critters
HEY when are we gonna get to see a pic?

rlablan

hahaha okay...
Yeah I researched after you told me about the rocks and I read that same thing about the rocks. That is why I decided to move him and he just moved back. I have been dosing marine snow and phyto every day, just a couple of tablespoons when I feed in the morning. Even though he has moved, he seems okay. His mantl still looks good but his color is brown now. I think it's the angle though.
Also, I don't think he'll get sand on him. I don't have any digging fish or anything like that. just the twim spot who shovels and then funnels the sand back down. He doesn't stir the sand.

rlablan

new turquoise mushrooms (I think these are some type of richordia because they have bumps all over them). It has zoas that are orange and green attached on the other side. they have been opening up nicely.

rlablan

and here is my hammer coral. It hasn't branched yet, but it does have two heads and they have become quite a bit more fluffy lately. I think they like the new lighting.

rlablan

My fox face rabbitfish and my rock beauty Angel. The angel is doing exceptionally well, and his colors have brightened considerably. He is very active and really likes his sea weed.
I did have a issue with my fox face. He seemed to have developed a taste for yellow gorgonian. I got him to stop eating it quite easily. Every time he would nip at it, or even swim to close... I would crawl up next to the tank and then wait for him to nip at it again and then I would smack my hand on the tank and scare the living day lights out of him and he would run away. He has since learned not to go over by it anymore. Despite being picked on, my gorgonian has grown a bit since I got him and looks very good color wise.

rlablan

sorry about the quality and I could not get everybody in the tank. They are too fast for my Iphone. They are either blurry or just not in the pic enough to make it worth while. I am getting a new camera in a few months and it'll def. be a nice one, so I will have some fantastic pictures for you then.

melypr1985

Originally Posted by rlablan
http:///forum/post/3131547
My fox face rabbitfish and my rock beauty Angel.
I did have a issue with my fox face. He seemed to have developed a taste for yellow gorgonian. I got him to stop eating it quite easily. Every time he would nip at it, or even swim to close... I would crawl up next to the tank and then wait for him to nip at it again and then I would smack my hand on the tank and scare the living day lights out of him and he would run away. He has since learned not to go over by it anymore. Despite being picked on, my gorgonian has grown a bit since I got him and looks very good color wise.
this made me crack up laughing!! Thanks for brightening my day!