Nuke em to glass

schneidts

Originally posted by SBSB
Right on! But I still think that a nuke would get the point across and eliminate most of the terrorists as a side benefit.

lol, but we don't want to escalate it to that level, and we really don't want to kill civilians(I hope). One idea would be to drop pamphlets over faloujah and other strongholds, informing all citizens to vacate because the town is going to be bombed in 72 hrs.. This gives all innocents a chance to flee. We need to start getting tough with the insurgents...how many more of our troops are gonna die before we realize this?

S

spsaddict

Originally posted by Reef_Magic
Osama Bin Laden and Saddam are 2 different people:notsure:
we are not in iraq right now b/c of 9/11....Al Quiedia (sp) is in Pakistan an Afghanistan....right?
and holy ----! stop calling people names!

ummm yes we are..... saddam harbored terrorist... remeber prs bushes speach, if you aid or harbor terrorists.... saddam aided and harbored terrorists... is this starting to make sence

D

daniel411

Originally posted by spsaddict
ummm yes we are..... saddam harbored terrorist... remeber prs bushes speach, if you aid or harbor terrorists.... saddam aided and harbored terrorists... is this starting to make sence

Although he actively supported and promoted terrorism against Israel, he never harbored the terrorist from/associated with 9-11. Bush stated that they did in his speach, but he's on record recanting it and saying that they never did.

sbsb

We are in Iraq under false pretenses. The main reason for invading was the threat from his WMD. Well it turns out there were none and the U.S. administration has egg on its face now.
Well we are there, and they hate us more than ever now. I'm telling you, if something major isn't done by the U.S. to teach them a lesson they will eventually set off a dirty bomb or an actual nuke here! Mark my words; it’s just a matter of time! That is why the only real way to be effective is to wipe out the entire Mideast. Innocent people will die but I would rather it be they than us. It will be American innocent people that die if we don't strike first. They are religious zealots that cannot be dealt with in any reasonable way.

D

daniel411

Originally posted by schneidts
One idea would be to drop pamphlets over faloujah and other strongholds, informing all citizens to vacate because the town is going to be bombed in 72 hrs.. This gives all innocents a chance to flee.

Some one listens to a bit to much michael savage...

sbsb

Originally posted by jwtrojan44
Unbelievable.:rolleyes:

Watch how unbelievable it will look when one of our major cities goes up in a mushroom cloud. It may be more unbelievable than the sight of commercial jet liners intentionally flying into skyscrapers.

sbsb

Originally posted by jwtrojan44
And what should we do with all the zealots from every other religion? Even the Christian ones.:confused:

I don't care what their religion is. If any group of any type poses this kind of threat and they will not respond by reasonable means than unreasonable means must be used!!!
What do you think will work? Handing out packages of Oreo cookies and cartons of milk so the comfort food will make them less savage?

tony detroit

Politicians are wealthy businessman. They do not care about you or the welfare of this country. If things go bad they still have their millions. You and I mean nothing to them. Politicians care about making themselves more money, whatever the cost.
My 2cents:we are in Iraq to make money, plain and simple
Also-the news can be bought. Everything has its price including the media.

schneidts

Originally posted by Daniel411
Some one listens to a bit to much michael savage...

YOU CAUGHT ME! I thought I was the only one.
I do skim the various radio shows from time to time. I must say in my defense, coincidentally, I came up with that idea on my own. That being said, maybe I do listen to too much Savage. He's brainwashed me!:scared:

D

daniel411

Originally posted by schneidts
YOU CAUGHT ME! I thought I was the only one.
I do skim the various radio shows from time to time. I must say in my defense, coincidentally, I came up with that idea on my own. That being said, maybe I do listen to too much Savage. He's brainwashed me!:scared:

I don't really like listening to him to much, but will occasionaly listen to him while working evening/night shifts. I just don't comprehend his reasoning on alot of things...
Please don't take any offense to this, Just think about it, if we drop the leaflets... (which is always historically done, HAS been used against Iraq-and angered those who supported us if you read up on it).... the true terrorists are just going to get out of there... spread about and attack in unexpected places... atleast now they're "kindof" contained.
Now think about leveling the cities... we already warned the "innocents" to leave... now how are they going to feel/react? We accomplished nothing, as all of the terrorists left with the innocents.
Look at it this way... american radicals like the kkk/black panthers who practiced terrorism in the past, to stop them should the government destroy all of their respective races in america? Thats nothing less than germany, france, or russia murdering their own citizens to reduce unemployment rates/etc!
Now imagine your home, job, posessions were bombed till the sand turned to glass because possibly less than 1% of the people in your town were fighting someone. You may be mad at the people who brought the destruction on you, but chances are alot of people are going to be mad at the one who dropped the bombs and will join those terrorists.
If you doubt thats what the outcome would be... look at the "over looked war" that Russia's battling... The fights bombed out of most of the people... but it only takes a couple to knock out presidents as was just done there.

schneidts

No, I don't take any offense at all. I don't agree with ALOT of what savage says, or most conservative talk show hosts say for that matter. Good point about the terrorists leaving, but as far as leveling cities, we already did that...shock and awe. I'm not sure how much there really is to bomb there. I'm not even super keen on bombing those areas, but something's gotta be done. I was against going there, but I'm more against our soldiers getting killed every day with no end in sight. We need to stop being so p.c., and start fighting to win. You seem to have well thought out opinions; what do you think needs to be done to win this?

spoon

Speaking as a very patriotic American who has served time in the US Army, nuke the

[hr]
I truly have nothing against any religion or ethnicity, it is just really sad to watch the news. If I were still in the military, I would be in Iraq right now. I also have a few friends in Iraq.
I think it is very NOBLE of the USA to offer our services to the new Iraq. I think it is NOBLE of us to help them reform their government. But at what cost?
They (rebels) do not, will not, and will not EVER understand that we are truly trying to help them. They will never see it our way. That said, PULL OUR MEN AND WOMEN OUT, AND NUKE THE

[hr]
!
The world will get over it after a year, you watch! :mad:

sbsb

BTW, you ex or present military people deserve the ultimate thanks for keeping us Safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You deserve a pension for the rest of your life since you risked your own lives to keep other Americans alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jlem

Originally posted by tony detroit
Also-the news can be bought. Everything has its price including the media.

I agree with you on that one. You don't see the news talking about how recruitment for the U.S armed forces is actually up right now and how there is intellegence that just a few months before the invasion last year Saddam moved weapons into Syria to be buried. The majority of our troops are proud of what they are doing and why they are doing it. I feel that unless you are actively inolved with the fight on terror then your comments have no merit. We are all entitled to are opinion while we are sipping on our Starbucks, but until we get first hand experience of the situation over there then all we have unfounded opinions.
All these troops that people want to pull out our not begging for the protesters to fight their fight. If we really want the troops to come home then we need to get on a plane and relieve them.

jlem

Originally posted by Daniel411
Just think about it, if we drop the leaflets... the true terrorists are just going to get out of there...

Very good point. Terrorist are cowards and will not fight while looking into your eyes. Just look at the so called brave men who HID BEHIND MASKS as they killed an unarmed man in front of the whole world.

broncofish

Originally posted by Spoon
Speaking as a very patriotic American who has served time in the US Army, nuke the

[hr]

So because I don't want to nuke them does that make me less patriotic than the people who do?
I believe in a system of democracy and civil liberties...that is not saying I don't believe in war, Afghanistan was very justified. To Nuke a population because 10% of them a terrorists, well that would kind of make us terrorists as well. We brought this mess upon ourselves. Afghanistan was going well, we had a coalotion on our side that was massive, and then on faulty intelligence we invaded Iraq.....it would be one thing if the intel was thought to be bullet proof, but all kinds of people raised the BS flag.
So now we have given terrorists a place to go, and it is loaded with a bunch of shiite's who pretty much hate america anyway(especially when we encouraged them to rise up, and then we sat back and watched them get slaughtered)......but then we kind of push them over the edge by not reacting quickly to allegations of abuse, torture, ---- etc... Are any of us really surprised?

innsmouth

I feel that unless you are actively inolved with the fight on terror then your comments have no merit. We are all entitled to are opinion while we are sipping on our Starbucks, but until we get first hand experience of the situation over there then all we have unfounded opinions.

Politicians are wealthy businessman. They do not care about you or the welfare of this country. If things go bad they still have their millions. You and I mean nothing to them. Politicians care about making themselves more money, whatever the cost.
Both very solid statements. We can argue about this situation until we're blue in the face but what good does it do really? It just seperates us as a county even more. Here's something to put it into perspective. So far, up to this date the total number of fatalities of coalition soldiers including UK troops is 893. In Baltimore city where I live, my home with my wife and newborn son there were 360 homicides. JUST IN BALTIMORE! Don't let foreign politics divert your attention from the problems we face as a nation internally. Statistically, our troops have a better chance of being mugged and shot in the USA than they do dying in the Middle East. Something about that just isn't kosher to me.

areijin

QUOTE]It seems to me that people are more upset over what our soldiers did to prisoners, then what they did to the four americans that were burnt and hung from a bridge.
Aas we should be. The whole point is that we have to be the good guys. Eveyrthing we have to do has to be better. That means better treatment and understanding. If we just "Nuke them All" and keel millions of non extremist. Then how are we better then those who kill the innocent for what they believe is teh right think to do???
Just think if we acted like this 4 years ago toward Bin Laden. We would still have the world trade center, and 4,000 plus Americans would still be alive.
Anyway be carefull on what you think would and would not have happened. I was there that day and I know what happened.