Nuke em to glass

broncofish

Originally posted by jlem
I agree with you on that one. You don't see the news talking about how recruitment for the U.S armed forces is actually up right now and how there is intellegence that just a few months before the invasion last year Saddam moved weapons into Syria to be buried. The majority of our troops are proud of what they are doing and why they are doing it. I feel that unless you are actively inolved with the fight on terror then your comments have no merit.

jlem...yes enlistments are up, as they always are when the economy sucks....during the Clinton years I got a huge bonus to re-enlist, if I would not have gotten disabled and been able to re-enlist I would have gotten no bonus this time out. I'm not saying Clinton was responsible for my bonus, just the kicking economy, which is now gone so more kids look to the military than the civilian sector.
As far as you opinion that only those actively fighting having an opinion with merit....I believe the term for that is police state.

D

daniel411

Schneidts, Thank you, and I'm glad you didn't take any offense. I too am against us going there in the first place (primarily due to timing and false pretenses/unrighteous judgement), even though I feel we had legal justification, according to my understanding, of the treaty that ended the first gulf war. I too am against our soldiers needlessly being killed, when people are being needlessly killed though that is generally due to inept leadership/planning. Don't take that as an endorsement of Kerry or his camp of democrats though. If the definition we use for "wining" is a reduction in American casualties and deployment without loseing face. I think that the goal line is in sight. Remember its only about a month away from our handing over power to the new Iraqi government. With that, playing our cards right on this prison torture ordeal, and not having similar ordeals occur, the integration of the Iraqi military into the spotlight, we should be able to save face and "start" taking a back seat approach. Although almost all new governments born out of warfare have birth bangs for some time after they're formed.
I agree with you on that one. You don't see the news talking about how recruitment for the U.S armed forces is actually up right now and how there is intellegence that just a few months before the invasion last year Saddam moved weapons into Syria to be buried. The majority of our troops are proud of what they are doing and why they are doing it. I feel that unless you are actively inolved with the fight on terror then your comments have no merit. We are all entitled to are opinion while we are sipping on our Starbucks, but until we get first hand experience of the situation over there then all we have unfounded opinions.
All these troops that people want to pull out our not begging for the protesters to fight their fight. If we really want the troops to come home then we need to get on a plane and relieve them.

Jlem, the major/popular news outlets have been talking about both events you've mentioned. I'm sure that Saddam did move resources and (likely) weapons to Syria before the war broke out. In fact he has been moving resources there for years (documented financial movements) so he had the channels. However the evidence that was presented supporting it was as absurd as the evidence Powell originally gave to the UN.... "see that warehouse... its a chem weapon factory!" :rolleyes:
I'm confused... are you saying that we should give up our constitutionalaly backed republic for a militocracy?
Although I'm not one who believes an immediate withdraw of troops, I think you have those people misjudged. They don't want the American troops there now gone... they want NO American troops there!

Very good point. Terrorist are cowards and will not fight while looking into your eyes. Just look at the so called brave men who HID BEHIND MASKS as they killed an unarmed man in front of the whole world.

I agree with you completely
Have you seen any of the comments regarding those thoughts in the middle east press though? Its interesting, however absurd.
ote-block">
If it is so obious then how come little old you and me can see it and the really smart people who actually know what is going on can't.

Dilbert comic strips explain it all! LOL, thats something I never thought I'd say.
Jlem, again I apoligize if anything I said sounds harsh, like an attack, or anything directed at you personally. I do respect your opinions, view points, and you as a person.
Oh, btw, do you happen to know about that author/commentator who talked about Vietnam being a like safety/relief valve for the cold war? I'm very interested in reading up on that. Although something like that could have only been seen in hindsight, so it couldn't be an excuse for the administration's, at that time, actions.

D

daniel411

Everyone does know that the organization which killed Berg is not from Iraq, correct? Hmm.. since thats the case, I doubt they really killed an American just because of the prison abuse scandle... probally because they're associated with the organization which claimed war with us to begin with, bin laden and gang.
Nukeing a city because a foreign bad guy is there would be like nukeing the city we live in because one of the plane jackers from 9/11 lived there...
Is anyone else amazed with Hamas and Hezbollah's outrage and denouncement of what happened to Berg?

jlem

Originally posted by broncofish
As far as you opinion that only those actively fighting having an opinion with merit....I believe the term for that is police state.

I have never been to Iraq so I can't tell you how Iraq's think. I can give an opinion on how they think all day long and the reasons why they think they do, but I really don't know. I have been to the middle east numerous times though and can give a solid opinion on the region and how the majority that I saw live and act.
Please quote me correctly because their is a huge difference between " actively fighting " and what I said " activly involved in the fight on terror "
There are numerous members on the boards that have fought in Iraq or been in indirect support. I would give their opinions a lot more consideration than somebody who has never left the four corners of their home town because the only opinion that they have is what they have heard, which is other peoples opinions who have no first hand experience themselves. I am not saying that you can't have an opinion or that your opinions are wrong, just that until you have lived it you really don't and can't understand the whole spectrum of things and can't base your opinion on solid ground and personnal experiences. It's not a ripp or flame on anybody and I give opinions all the time from second hand information.

broncofish

Please quote me correctly because their is a huge difference between " actively fighting " and what I said " activly involved in the fight on terror "
There are numerous members on the boards that have fought in Iraq or been in indirect support. I would give their opinions a lot more consideration than somebody who has never left the four corners of their home town because the only opinion that they have is what they have heard, which is other peoples opinions who have no first hand experience themselves. I am not saying that you can't have an opinion or that your opinions are wrong,

OK sorry actively involved in fighting the war on terror. The president had never been to Iraq so why did we let him decide to go to war there....heck before he was president he had been out of the country twice. Yes you did say they can't have an opinion, you said they don't deserve an opinion it is the very meaning of the word merit.
Mer´it
n. 1. The quality or state of deserving well or ill; desert
I'm not trying to argue, I'm just saying thats how I read your post. Really that is how I am still reading your post, that unless you are in the UASF USN Army USM FBI CIA etc....than your opinions deserve no weight. Our country was founded on the idea that no one man's opinion is deserves more weight than anothers. If we start only listening to the military, and security personal....well we would have a very slanted view of the world.

joerdie

quote from bencc:
Osama Bin Laden and Saddam are 2 different people with the same agenda. They would have done anything in there power to harm Americans and there allies.
endquote
they are not allies. they accually hate each other and have been afetr each other for more than ten years. they have fought and killed more of each other than us soldiers have in both wars in iraq.
second. what did england do to maintain world dominance for more than 1000 years?
they went and took countries for their own. "the sun never sets on the british empire."
this is what we should be doing. we should be taking iraq. taking cuba. taking mexico. and when other countries complain... take them too. the us has sat around growing fat for too long and soon we will not be the worlds leading power!
i know this sounds harsh. but think about it.

jlem

Originally posted by broncofish
Yes you did say they can't have an opinion, you said they don't deserve an opinion it is the very meaning of the word merit.

I am very sorry that you missread my post. I still don't see where I said that you can't have an opinion or deserve an opinion. I even said we are all entitled to our opinions while sippin on our starbucks, but oh well people read different things different ways.
As far as the president. He is actively involved. He gets security briefs every day from the experts and is the commander and chief. He knows a whole lot more than any of us do.
I have tons of opinions, but how many of them do I form from actual experience is very few. Doesn't mean I can't have them, It just means that they don't derive from my own experience and don't carry much weight.

schneidts

Originally posted by joerdie
second. what did england do to maintain world dominance for more than 1000 years?
they went and took countries for their own. "the sun never sets on the british empire."
this is what we should be doing. we should be taking iraq. taking cuba. taking mexico. and when other countries complain... take them too. the us has sat around growing fat for too long and soon we will not be the worlds leading power!
i know this sounds harsh. but think about it. [/B]
Wow!:thinking: :nope:

spoon

If you really want to think about it THAT barbarically, it sure as hell IS true. The world today is the product of many battles and many wars. Think about it...
:notsure:
Ok stop now. :thinking:
It really doesn't matter why we went to Iraq in the first place. I can sit here all day and WISH that Saddam never invaded Kuwait that one time. Point is, we are there NOW, and it really sucks balls. How do we fix this?
:happy:

asbury030

either way they didnt need to do what they did to that poor guy he had nothing to do with the thing that happened. They are some sick freaks to thin that that is funny.

tony detroit

Maybe it did, but I as well as many others are thinking it did not. I am not positive and I am not well informed, but I do believe there is definitely motive for the video.

schneidts

I think the video is a fake, too. It looked fake to me when I saw it. Also, the whole story doesn't quite add up...

reef_magic

that movie looked way too real for me. and why did cincyreef mention no bleeding? i saw blood all over the place:notsure:

nolson

Watch that video over again but very closely...... If you watch very close you will relize that theres a guy that leans in the lower left hand corner that is wearing an american military hat... How nice
3)
The guy in the white hood is not the same as in the last frame:
He goes from holding Berg's body (at the back) to suddenly being the guy making the final cuts and holding up his head.
4)
Extremely convenient "wag the dog" timing at the height of furor regarding U.S. torture of Iraqis
5)
Berg's last known whereabouts was in U.S. custody
6)
Berg shown in video wearing orange jumpsuit known to be of U.S. issue
7)
Berg mysteriously captured by Al-Quaeda (still wearing jumpsuit). Either he escaped from U.S. captors or U.S. let him out -- with orange suit and all -- to be immediately apprehended by Al-Quaeda (before he had a chance to change)
8)
Tape obviously spliced together and heavily edited. Goes from a) Berg sitting in chair talking about family, to b) Berg sitting on floor with hooded "militants" behind, to c) blurry camera movement, to d) almost motionless Berg on floor as head cut off.
9)
Audio clearly dubbed in, but probably also CODEC problem
10)
"Arab" reader flips through pages of "statement" and keeps ending up on the same page. Perhaps doesn't even known enough Arabic to recognize what page he's on?
11)
Arabs" have lily-white hands and (other exposed) skin
12)
"Arabs" have Western-style body posture and mannerisms
13)
When Berg decapitated, there was almost no blood. If Berg were still alive at this point, with the cut starting at front of throat, blood would have been spraying everywhere. Berg's severed head, the floor, Berg's clothes, and even the hand of the "Arab" who decapitated Berg had no visible blood on it.

nolson

19)
Fat, white fidgety terra'ists wearing tennis shoes, the leader of which:
a) is wearing the sort of large gold ring that is expressly forbidden in fundy Islamic communities, and
b) starts cutting the head, but is replaced (as the camera time signatures change) by someone wearing a white head covering when it's time to show off the head.
20)
Video is out of synch soundtrack and jumping time signatures on the video production.
21)
For the first time in recorded history, Arab terra'ists post a video of an atrocious murder on a website -- right in the middle of Bush Admin's most damaging national scandal -- a scandal driven completely by its own disgusting pictoral and video imagery.
22)
Berg had been held in US custody (or in the Abu Ghraib prison?) for two weeks without charge or access to phones or legal help just days before he was last heard from. And the US now denies this, despite the family's insistence and overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
Also the video was not released from Iraqi. The video was released from london. Was traced back to LONDON anyways I found a link showing you what I was talking about with the american in the video here you go
http://www.propagandamatrix.com/arti...ilitarycap.htm