Project Fishroom underway for new 240 setup

yupi1982

are you runnig trhough your MRC-4 the ozone port ...i mean do you have an ozone reactor Shawn?? because I am looking for one.....
but i dont know much about them
what brand ?? how much??
pros??cosn??
would the ozen harm my inverts corals , and micro bacteria??
Thanks Shawn !!
Alejandro

acrylic51

Originally Posted by KidWicked
Cool.
I am getting a 400 gallon before the end of next year... wont ever need to upgrade that.
Yeah that's what I thought and I'm already thinking more myself.....I still have the other half of the garage, and walls come down real easy......I had mentioned that to my wife and her eyes got bigger than H***!!!!!!

acrylic51

Originally Posted by yupi1982
are you runnig trhough your MRC-4 the ozone port ...i mean do you have an ozone reactor Shawn?? because I am looking for one.....
but i dont know much about them
what brand ?? how much??
pros??cosn??
would the ozen harm my inverts corals , and micro bacteria??
Thanks Shawn !!
Alejandro

Hey, where you been busy with work!!!!! Yes I have the ozone port, but haven't installed it as of yet.....I will take a pic and post of the ozone port that you get from Andy..........
I don't currently have an ozone machine.....Back about 2 years ago I had 2 of the RedSea 200mg Deluxe controllers, but weren't using them and sold them.........Needless to say I wish I had kept at least 1, but you'll have that.....That will be alittle down the road after everything is up and running......I'm going to go back with RedSea again.....And no they are no more harmful than running a UV.....You have to be careful you don't reintroduce ozone back to your tank.......They do make ozone test kits, but to be on the safe side you could also run your water coming out of the skimmer through some carbon which would take care of any residual ozone.....I've never had any issues with residual ozone, but the key is to not overdose, and once your ozone gets to a certain level it could almost sterilize your tank.......Again that's why some sort of ORP controller is highly recommended so you can monitor your level and if they get to high or to low with your preset number the ozonizer would either turn on or off depending on the situation at hand........
I'll reply to your email in a bit.....

dejaco

Note to acrylic51 - Thanks for the advice - I ordered the frogspawn and hammer/anchor and they shipped fine but came in tan instead of green.
I went ahead and purchased a lovely piece of pipe organ and it is doing fine also. the last spot in my tank to place I decided to go with the flowerpot gonipora you spoke of. The trouble is finding one! Thanks again, will be getting a digital camera soon and finally be able to post some pic's. Everyone who enters our home is mesmorized by the tank. But I am already planning a 96" x 36" x 27" for our next house and am watching your system evolve getting idea's. Keep up the great work!

acrylic51

If your looking for flowerpot gonipora check at ************* dot com. I go down there 3-4 times a week and they usually have anywhere from 10-20 on hand all the time.......they are pretty huge.......
Congrats on the new additions......I've never heard of any issues with them shipping and I've quite a bit of shipping of corals in the past 10 years and that's one of the least I worry about.....Now in the dead of summer, but heat will affect alot of stuff......You should also check ************* for that stuff to....they usually get a very good selection of colors as well.......I'll be there Friday for shipment time.....they know me well and I cherry pick as well.....

dejaco

Thanks - I will check it out now! Web sites and comps and I are just not getting along - I get my duaghter to pull up sites faster than I can find them!

acrylic51

Yes they are ball Gonipora, and haven't had any issues with them.....1 of my clients' has 4 of them and have had them almost 2 years and they get bigger and bigger and her clowns host with them......I know she doesn't spot feed though.....

yupi1982

Originally Posted by acrylic51
Hey, where you been busy with work!!!!! Yes I have the ozone port, but haven't installed it as of yet.....I will take a pic and post of the ozone port that you get from Andy..........
I don't currently have an ozone machine.....Back about 2 years ago I had 2 of the RedSea 200mg Deluxe controllers, but weren't using them and sold them.........Needless to say I wish I had kept at least 1, but you'll have that.....That will be alittle down the road after everything is up and running......I'm going to go back with RedSea again.....And no they are no more harmful than running a UV.....You have to be careful you don't reintroduce ozone back to your tank.......They do make ozone test kits, but to be on the safe side you could also run your water coming out of the skimmer through some carbon which would take care of any residual ozone.....I've never had any issues with residual ozone, but the key is to not overdose, and once your ozone gets to a certain level it could almost sterilize your tank.......Again that's why some sort of ORP controller is highly recommended so you can monitor your level and if they get to high or to low with your preset number the ozonizer would either turn on or off depending on the situation at hand........
I'll reply to your email in a bit.....

Heyyy Shawn good to hear you
yes i have been pretty bussy...

just spoke with tom from glasscages ....getting my tank for january- february...just have the quote of my 750 g
i´-ll tell you later if you want to chat a little bit...
i am gonna have to get your help to get couple of thing ..if you know what i mean !!!!
You got mail !!!!
i forgat your number??

acrylic51

Originally Posted by yupi1982
Heyyy Shawn good to hear you
yes i have been pretty bussy...

just spoke with tom from glasscages ....getting my tank for january- february...just have the quote of my 750 g
i´-ll tell you later if you want to chat a little bit...
i am gonna have to get your help to get couple of thing ..if you know what i mean !!!!
You got mail !!!!
i forgat your number??

Just sent you an email with the goodies you asked about...my numbers are on the bottom of the email as well....during the day it's better to call the cell phone out in the fishroom most of the time......Breaking my new living quarters in for when the wife is mad at me.......

acrylic51

Flow testing began this evening, and HOLY S***.........
I haven't been more pleased with the noise level in my life, and for the amount of water it's moving is unreal.......
I had to walk back into the filter room to make sure everything was actually running, and touch the HammerHead pump.......The stupid BlueLine pump is noisier than the HammerHead........I'll have to get with Andy @ MRC and see if it's possible to run a Sequence pump instead without over powering the skimmer.......It's just to noisey for me........My little whisper makes more noise than the sump at full flow......
Speaking of full flow.....I tried to push 2400gph and no luck.....I had micro bubbles back in th main tank.....I figured I would........So far I've been fortunate enought to be able to push 1900 with no bubbles.....I did have a mishap though, and can't figure out.....My flow meter stuck!!!!! :scared: :scared: :scared: I don't know why, but when I take it apart and everything it seems fine, and I realized it was crazy, when I saw it drip water from the housing screw.....Needless to say, I shut it down and luckily or over ordering on my part had an extra one laying around and swapped it out and presto.....that one's working like a charm.......
More flow testing tomorrow and more tinkering with the skimmer.........

acrylic51

Ok!!!! Another question for all you ******** designers????!!!!!????? You've seen the layout of the room, and the flooring, and I'm undecided still on stain choices....... I'm tired of seeing the traditional Honey Oak or light to medium oak finish, but don't want to go dark as walnut, but want to give it a classy nice finish????
I'm torn between a Red Mahogany; which doesn't really look red it's more a brown color IMO, or a Merlot, which has a red tint to it persay......The Mahogany is alittle to brown and the Merlot is a little to red any suggestions?

dejaco

AHH a question for me since I am a painter. Have done many projects over the years and stains that I really love are - Cider (Sherwin-Williams can match it - it's a Merrilott Cabinet color). Also instead of a stock stain color -
pick out something you really like and have it matched. Remember each piece of wood will take the stain a little differently and red and white oak will have major diffs. You might also want to run some samples using some of the Danish hand rubbed oils. My personel opinion would be to make it totally your own. Find something you like and have a stain made. Then when finishing it use a ssatin finish instead of semigloss or gloss. Scratched will not show up nearly as much. Also use a Spar Urethane like Helmsman as it is indoor/outdoor andhas a lot more UV blockage (harder and lasts longer).
Hope this helps.

acrylic51

Thanks for the tips........I'm going to have to check out the custom stain deal like you said.....I know that each stain will take differently to different types of woods.....The stand has a skin done with Maple.......My friends say I'm being to picky, but have way to much time and money invested at this point to skimp on this detail....... Again Thanks for the info!!!!!

acrylic51

Hey Yupi, got the pic you requested......The ozone port on the skimmer is the pic I'll post afterwards, and it would thread into where 1 of the 2 air adjustment knobs are screwed into.....The air adjustment knob is screwed into the beckett housing, so what you would do is remove on of the adjustment knobs and thread the ozone injection knob into that, and the air adjustment know would screw into the end of that and where you see the little jaco quick fitting on top is where your tubing off of the ozonizer would get plugged to.........
Honestly man you should fire the skimmer and hear that thing suck air......Reminds me of the turbines on the M1's in my military days.......

sleasia

acrylic...just have to say that I loved the end of the missing o- ring story....I have a 15 yr old too.

karak40

Originally Posted by acrylic51
Ok!!!! Another question for all you ******** designers????!!!!!????? You've seen the layout of the room, and the flooring, and I'm undecided still on stain choices....... I'm tired of seeing the traditional Honey Oak or light to medium oak finish, but don't want to go dark as walnut, but want to give it a classy nice finish????
I'm torn between a Red Mahogany; which doesn't really look red it's more a brown color IMO, or a Merlot, which has a red tint to it persay......The Mahogany is alittle to brown and the Merlot is a little to red any suggestions?
Whats up acrylic51 its me again. as far as your staing choices, look at my woodwork on my tank. Its called BRAZILIAN CHERRY... Sweet look. here is a quick reminder of what it looks like. WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT GET THE STAIN AND POLY-IN-ONE.. THAT STUFF IS TOTAL JUNK FROM MY EXPERIENCE.

acrylic51

I've done alot of woodworking in my times and have never been a fan of the Polyshades.......I'm going to keep shopping on finishes, but actually love the finish on yours.....What company makes the Brazilian Cherry?