Red Sea Max 34 gallon...Diary

cal559

I actually found a banded serpant starfish in my tank today noticed it while moving rock around scared the **** out of me...lol

cal559

Nah i think i will keep the starfish in there...already seems to be like a little protein skimmer...lol

yearofthenick

Originally Posted by cal559
http:///forum/post/2844062
I found this on my rock what is it?
Dude this looks like a Bubble tip anemone. I was trying to figure out how it was attached, but it looks like an anemone foot. And if you look at the bubbles, they look pointy at the top. I think it's a BTA.
Does it move, cal?

yearofthenick

if it moves then it's DEFINITELY a bta, because corals DO NOT move. That's a great find dude! and I'm surprised he survived the cycle because normally they don't. You need to feed it though, it's probably starving and could be dying. It will live under the T5 lighting in your RSM. You could put some zooplankton in your tank (500-2k um) for him to filter feed with. Brightwell Aquatics makes a good zooplankton you can use. Or if you want, you can buy some frozen food and feed it to him. Keep in mind that when you feed fish frozen food, you need to thaw the food first. I have little shot glasses that I use. I put about 3ml of water in it and drop the cube of frozen food in there for it to thaw. Then I have a little mini turkey baster I got from my LFS that I use to target feed my anemone with. You just squirt a little food in the middle of the bubbles. He'll eat it.

cal559

Yeah going to buy some of that stuff 2morrow cause it has to be starving...lol
And do bta's grow pretty fast cause it's the size of a dime right now?

premilove

thats great BTA hitchhiker! wouldnt anemones need more than t-5s for light? if you really want him to be happy, get some mysis shrimp, put it in a turkey baster and feed his mouth when he opens up

cal559

Got some pictures with my bta eating some mysis shrimp and then i noticed a starfish come out that i've never seen what kind is he? Should i keep him in there?

cal559

Today i bought 4 cerith snails and 2 red leg crabs just testing the crabs out.

The snails are under the sand with just their eyes poking out...lol
I am going to wait till next week to complete my cleanup crew.

Post pix as soon as possible

mboswell1982

sweet man, i hope i get that lucky on the hitchhiker front LOL but knowin my luck ill get something nasty as a hitchhiker LOL