SHARK!

S

saxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishkeepingPRO http:///t/389371/shark/200#post_3444114
Ok also, just throwing this out there but could i keep a Niger and Picasso trigger only in a FOWLR in my 75?
Just throwing this out there...did you even TRY to research this? I guarantee if you read up on triggers and do a bit of your own research, you'll learn 100 times more than asking random questions. I'm trying to help you learn dood...honest.
Dig this:
I recently found out that my eldest son (19) had to do a paper on a sea creature for one of his courses. He chose the volitans lionfish. He could have come to me and gotten tons of info, photos, whatever...more than he'd EVER need. But ya know what he did? He went to my website, found the lionfish article, and used it as his research, lifted a few pix and wrote his paper. He learned a lot in the process, and he got a good grade to boot.
To the question at hand:
O. niger is a pelagic planktivore that requires more room than the "reef" triggers, and we're looking at about a 180 gallon setup for them.
HOWEVER, you could keep a picasso (Rhinecanthus aculeatus
) in a 75, but it had better be the last fish to go into the tank, as it will typically beat the snot out of any newcomers. Picassos are super nice triggers and interesting as heck, but you need to add them last.
HTH

If you really really really want a piccaso trigger then you should be able to keep it in the tank if it is the only fish in the tank
so that means no other fish or anything else
just the trigger and rocks

S

smallreef

No.. i dont think your equipment will handle the bioload...
a trigger itself is messy.. and 2 maroons (which the female can get the size of a softball) are fairly messy too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clown-keeper99 http:///t/389371/shark/220#post_3444229
If you really really really want a piccaso trigger then you should be able to keep it in the tank if it is the only fish in the tank
so that means no other fish or anything else
just the trigger and rocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishkeepingPRO
http:///t/389371/shark/220#post_3444237
Picasso and 2 maroons?
did you bother to read my post
Snowflake eels won't eat corals but will eat anything else they can fit in their mouths (ie small shrimp and fish)
plus they make alot of waste and and that can affect the growth of coral

I want the setup with the foxface, 2 clowns and flame angelfish. I want a urchin. Are these hard to keep? Also is a snowflake eel suitable for a reef?

S

smallreef

you could NOT have a snowflake or any eel for that matter will EAT YOUR CLOWNS AN ANGEL!!!
an urchin could be added,, but IF you want any type of coral you may think twice.. they have a habit of knocking over corals in search of food..
and an urchin would need to wait about 6 months after you start to make sure it would have enough food..and depending on what kind you wanted..

its not that they won't breed it's that its almost imposible for the young to survive in a tank
your flame will eat the young and they will starve