Slice's 47g Coral Evolution

spanko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice http:///forum/thread/381452/slice-s-47g-coral-evolution/120#post_3400961
I'm already seeing some future problems when things grow out; its a drawback of having grand aspirations in a tall skinny tank. Taking the skimmer surface box out will be a real trick once the SPSs grow out (not much room to maneuver). I may soon need a nano mag to clean the glass. Reaching in to do most anything will be an exercise of avoidance.
A year or so of dealing with that crap and yeah, upgrade time

You can always frag things to accommodate the equipment.

slice

***PICS***New Additions***Growth Shots***
After loosing Herb, the LMB, we just HAD to add someone to keep Dottie occupied.
Meet Bonnie and Clyde:

Dottie, a Royal Gramma, didn't think much of sharing "her" tank at first, but in a few days, they get along fine.

These are the first zoas I brought into the tank. Somewhere I have a pic when they were just 50 or so polyps (probably earlier in this thread), but here they were 2 months ago:

As they are today:

**EDIT**
I had to look at the thread to find the original pic of these, here it is from April:

Platygyra "Brain" coral back in June:

As it is today (get off me about the diatoms, thats' for another thread):

Ponape Birdsnest in June:

Today (I remember what Bang said about them growing more dense without direct flow, I see it happening here):

Tricolor Acro in June:

I see this in my tank today:
get="_blank">

Orange Monti Cap keeps doing it's thing, back in June:

Monti now:

**EDIT**
Here is a very early Monti pic from around April:

Thats all for now, except that I am really enjoying the colors on this ORA Marshall Island Purple/Green:

Oh, and that we went to a Carolina Hurricane Red-White scrimmage game yesterday:

Preseason starts TOMORROW!!!!!!
GO 'CANES!!!

slice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemmy http:///t/381452/slice-s-47g-coral-evolution/140#post_3418207
You have some great growth going on and most of the pics look fantastic!!!

"MOST" of the pics?!?
That orange crap soils this thread.
We settle this beginning Oct 29 in your house and Nov 14 in our house. Are you able to go to many games? We will see Friday's and the following Friday's preseason game, then of course, our Home Opener Oct 7.
You have my sincere condolences in advance.

al&burke

How did I miss these pictures - looks great slice. The last picture looks like some aptasia or something like that - the cold temperature type - very persistant type, Then there is that orange colored one from Phily area LOL

jburgi

What does LMB stand for? The only thing I could come up with was Large Mouth Bass....and I am pretty sure that is not what you had in your tank. Sorry i am still learning the acronyms :)
Your tank looks BEAUTIFUL! Gives me something to aspire for! I don't have good enough lighting right now for all the beautiful corals...hopefully someday. I have a hard time finding anything for the size of tank we have. What kind of lighting do you have?

rainbow grouper

LMB = lawn mower blenny and whilst i'm at it here are some acronyms i got confused with.
BTW = by the way
LMAO = laugh my *** off
IMO = in my opinion

novahobbies

Wow, fantastic progress! I like your rockwork in this tank especially.....perfect for those narrow tall tanks! I know how much fun cleaning these things can be......

I'm jealous of your plating monti.....I hardly ever see that species of monti down here in my local shops, and when I do they're always ung*dly prices. I'd love to get one for the SH tank, but the dollar figure says "no."

rainbow grouper

if a pictures worth a thousand words.

A 6000 word essay slice i just write a 6000 word essay on how great your tank is you better be happy. LOL. Your tank is amazing keep us posted.

slice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburgi http:///t/381452/slices-47g-coral-evolution/140#post_3424749
What does LMB stand for? The only thing I could come up with was Large Mouth Bass....and I am pretty sure that is not what you had in your tank. Sorry i am still learning the acronyms :)
Your tank looks BEAUTIFUL! Gives me something to aspire for! I don't have good enough lighting right now for all the beautiful corals...hopefully someday. I have a hard time finding anything for the size of tank we have. What kind of lighting do you have?
I feel your pain. In a T5, the best unit I found (and am using) is the 20" Current USA Extreme Pro. It is a 6 lamp unit that fits our tank perfectly. The problem after that is a limited lamp selection.
There are many LED units that would work even better, if you have the $$. That new Ecotech linked to my MP10s would be sweet
, but I won't be doing that anytime soon.

slice

Quote:
Originally Posted by novahobbies http:///t/381452/slices-47g-coral-evolution/140#post_3424781
Wow, fantastic progress! I like your rockwork in this tank especially.....perfect for those narrow tall tanks! I know how much fun
cleaning these things can be......

I'm jealous of your plating monti.....I hardly ever see that species of monti down here in my local shops, and when I do they're always ung*dly prices. I'd love to get one for the SH tank, but the dollar figure says "no."
Thanks! You should see it now, you can almost see it growing; its beginning to be a problem. I may need to frag a bit off soon...maybe ship a bit to Boca??
I think I paid $12 for a 1"x3" scrap.
Yeah, cleaning is FUN...not.