So I bought a gun... Few interesting facts about that...

darthtang aw

You're assuming that a .223 can't go over a 500 foot hillside?  Famous last words.  Hope no one else is hiking that hillside while you're shooting randomly in the air with a semi-auto rifle.
All I do is clip their valves.  I guess I could just be like a normal CCW carrier and pull my gun out and tell them to move out of the spot I was waiting for.
Which part of, the bullet is shot directly at the hillside do you not understand? Unless I am shooting at a 60 degree angle it can't get over the hillside. We are to close. Irritating.
This is on BLm Land in the designated shooting zones. We check for hikers before we set up and other shooters.

darthtang aw

I keep seeing you equate guns to alcohol. So I guess the next logical question is whether you give your 12 and 9 year olds a bottle of scotch to teach them responsibly or bond with them or whatever your purpose. Just curious...
That is an interesting point.
When I turned 13 my dad told me if I ever wanted to try anything to come to him. He would acquire it and allow the trial under his supervision. I see no issue with this. As the intent was not to get plastered as is in most cases. The intent was to teach.
Under the law a child is allowed to have a drink in many states as long as it is under the supervision of a Legal Guardian . Neither can be purchased by a minor under law. However the way the law is written they both can be used by a minor under the supervision of a legal guardian. In my state that is as well as most states.

darthtang aw

Doves normal diet is grains and other types of grasses.  They don't hang around for bugs, especially when it's 23 degrees outside.  I have a 3-car garage and 5 cars.  Two of them have to stay out in the open.  Carport?  The average cost of a home in my neighborhood is $350,000.  For one, my HOA doesn't allow carports.  Second, I don't live in some low-rent redneck neighborhood that allows them.  Guess you don't know the acidic properties of bird crap, and how it can eat through clear coat and paint if not washed off.  Kind of like leaving an egg on your car.  The little shiny dangling things and the stupid little squaking owl didn't work.  Maybe I should go buy another AR and start shooting them with it.  I can justify it because I'm practicing my "moving target skills"...
They make a handy device called a car cover.....similar to tarp, maybe you heard of it? They aren't that expensive.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/393907/so-i-bought-a-gun-few-interesting-facts-about-that/80#post_3505954
They make a handy device called a car cover.....similar to tarp, maybe you heard of it? They aren't that expensive.
Oh yeah. Nothing like having to deal with a car cover every morning and night when erradicating a useless bird is much easier.
A nice set of golf clubs or a bowling ball can easily replace that expensive and wasteful other hobby you have. You probably kill more wildlife than I do by leaving all your lead on the side of that hillside. I'm sure yopu spend the rest of the afternoon picking and digging it out of the dirt.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/393907/so-i-bought-a-gun-few-interesting-facts-about-that/80#post_3505949
That is an interesting point.
When I turned 13 my dad told me if I ever wanted to try anything to come to him. He would acquire it and allow the trial under his supervision. I see no issue with this. As the intent was not to get plastered as is in most cases. The intent was to teach.
Under the law a child is allowed to have a drink in many states as long as it is under the supervision of a Legal Guardian . Neither can be purchased by a minor under law. However the way the law is written they both can be used by a minor under the supervision of a legal guardian. In my state that is as well as most states.
Tell that to the parents who are arrested for allowing their teens to have beer at their party "under the supervision of a Legal Guardian".

acrylic51

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///t/393907/so-i-bought-a-gun-few-interesting-facts-about-that/60#post_3505910
Doves normal diet is grains and other types of grasses. They don't hang around for bugs, especially when it's 23 degrees outside. I have a 3-car garage and 5 cars. Two of them have to stay out in the open. Carport? The average cost of a home in my neighborhood is $350,000. For one, my HOA doesn't allow carports. Second, I don't live in some low-rent redneck neighborhood that allows them. Guess you don't know the acidic properties of bird crap, and how it can eat through clear coat and paint if not washed off. Kind of like leaving an egg on your car. The little shiny dangling things and the stupid little squaking owl didn't work. Maybe I should go buy another AR and start shooting them with it. I can justify it because I'm practicing my "moving target skills"...
Anti gun!!!!!!
Buy a bigger house with a 5 car garage shooting birds sounds so irresponsible from someone advocating gun control.......

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///t/393907/so-i-bought-a-gun-few-interesting-facts-about-that/80#post_3505986
Oh yeah. Nothing like having to deal with a car cover every morning and night when erradicating a useless bird is much easier.
A nice set of golf clubs or a bowling ball can easily replace that expensive and wasteful other hobby you have. You probably kill more wildlife than I do by leaving all your lead on the side of that hillside. I'm sure yopu spend the rest of the afternoon picking and digging it out of the dirt.

Actually the range I used to shoot at in California regularly mined the metals out of the sand back stops. That's been over 20 years ago.

2quills

So this lawyer wants to sue the state of Connecticut on behalf of a kid who survived the tragedy but now has psychological trauma. And the claim is over a lack of security? 100M dollar law suit against the state who fund the schools? I'm not trying to be cold hearted here but does this make sense?

reefraff

You'll never convince me it's about anything but greedy parents looking to cash in. It hasn't been a month. How do they know how traumatized their little precious is?

darthtang aw

Tell that to the parents who are arrested for allowing their teens to have beer at their party "under the supervision of a Legal Guardian".
Link please...or did the mystery party you speak of have other minors at it? Minors not under legal guardianship of the home owner.

darthtang aw

When they can do physical damage to my property.  Yep.  I suppose they're about as dangerous as Bambi is to some hunter who baits it with deer corn so it can blow it's little brains out.
At least the deer is for food. You dove did nothing but deficate in its environment. Maybe you should move. Shame on you for invading the doves natural habitat. This is actually alll your fault. Had you not built or purchased your home in the territory of the dove this all could be avoided.
How much more ridiculous can this thread get?

darthtang aw

Oh yeah.  Nothing like having to deal with a car cover every morning and night when erradicating a useless bird is much easier.
Can I quote you on this in future debates? especially those concerning the earth,environment, and animal preservation?

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/393907/so-i-bought-a-gun-few-interesting-facts-about-that/80#post_3505995
At least the deer is for food. You dove did nothing but deficate in its environment. Maybe you should move. Shame on you for invading the doves natural habitat. This is actually alll your fault. Had you not built or purchased your home in the territory of the dove this all could be avoided.
How much more ridiculous can this thread get?
You've never had dove breast that have been marinated in a Worchester and wine sauce, stuffed with a jalepeno, and wrapped with a piece of bacon, grilled to perfection? And you call yourself a hunter?
Guess you might as well pack up yourself. How many deer and other innocent animals have you poisoned and destroyed with your little Sons Of Guns hobby?

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/393907/so-i-bought-a-gun-few-interesting-facts-about-that/80#post_3505990
Actually the range I used to shoot at in California regularly mined the metals out of the sand back stops. That's been over 20 years ago.
Darth isn't shooting a some range as he tells it. He's out on somebody's property banging out boxes of shells into some 500 foot hillside. He's probably wasted wildlife he didn't even knew existed in that area.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///t/393907/so-i-bought-a-gun-few-interesting-facts-about-that/80#post_3505992
So this lawyer wants to sue the state of Connecticut on behalf of a kid who survived the tragedy but now has psychological trauma. And the claim is over a lack of security? 100M dollar law suit against the state who fund the schools? I'm not trying to be cold hearted here but does this make sense?
The lawyer has stated that the only reason he created such a high number was to emphasize the need to recognize the severity of this crime, and to get public attention from the State of Connecticut, and the nation, that some form of protection for school students needs to be made to avoid future instances such as the one that occurred in Newtown. He's well aware that there's no way any judge would allow a frivolous number like this to ever be put in front of a jury.

2quills

The lawyer has stated that the only reason he created such a high number was to emphasize the need to recognize the severity of this crime, and to get public attention from the State of Connecticut, and the nation, that some form of protection for school students needs to be made to avoid future instances such as the one that occurred in Newtown.  He's well aware that there's no way any judge would allow a frivolous number like this to ever be put in front of a jury.
So do you agree with it? Is that the way you'd send a message? You thought that paying for school security was a bad idea. Remember?

bionicarm

http://www.tulsaworld.com/specialprojects/news/crimewatch/article.aspx?subjectid=450&articleid=20120821_11_A14_CUTLIN594606&allcom=1
Can't find the article, but there was a multiple arrest here in San Antonio last year when a homeowner had a New Year's Eve party at his house, invited several couples over to enjoy the festivities and told them that it was acceptable to bring their young kids along (the kids were in a back room playing video games and such). At midnight, the parents allowed their kids to drink a glass of champagne to celebrate the New Year. When the kids got back to school, they bragged to their friends about what they were allowed to do, and it got back to some school administrators that reported it to the police. None of the parents denied the incident, and were chrged with a misdomeaner for contributing to the use of alcohol of a minor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/393907/so-i-bought-a-gun-few-interesting-facts-about-that/80#post_3505994
Link please...or did the mystery party you speak of have other minors at it? Minors not under legal guardianship of the home owner.