So I bought a gun... Few interesting facts about that...

snakeblitz33

Ive owned guns since i was 6. But i didnt have unsupervised time with them until i started hunting at 16 by myself. You have to trust yourself and trust your kids. Until they do something to loose your trust. Ill teach my daughter to respect guns and how to shoot when she starts first grade. Parenting is on a family to family and even within the family basis. I'm sorry, sir, but i am absolutely appalled at you for telling us how to raise our children.

2quills

How is it that the U.K. with some of the strictest guns laws in the world managed to virtually double the amount of gun crimes committed between 1999-2009?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1223193/Culture-violence-Gun-crime-goes-89-decade.html

slice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33 http:///t/393907/so-i-bought-a-gun-few-interesting-facts-about-that/160#post_3506666
Ive owned guns since i was 6. But i didnt have unsupervised time with them until i started hunting at 16 by myself. You have to trust yourself and trust your kids. Until they do something to loose your trust. Ill teach my daughter to respect guns and how to shoot when she starts first grade. Parenting is on a family to family and even within the family basis. I'm sorry, sir, but i am absolutely appalled at you for telling us how to raise our children.
Where the hell have you been?? "Family" is sooo last century.
The Government is our parents now.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33 http:///t/393907/so-i-bought-a-gun-few-interesting-facts-about-that/160#post_3506666
No one's telling anyone how to raise their kids. We just don't want to read about them or see them on TV after they've walked into some public venue and shot up the place with those guns they were trusted with by their parents.

2quills

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///t/393907/so-i-bought-a-gun-few-interesting-facts-about-that/160#post_3506746
Hey! That looks like one of the AR's I saw at that gun show! What you don't see is little Sarah taking her new pink toy and spewing a full mag of shells into little Pink Teddy in her backyard. Give her 10 years, and she'll go on a shooting rampage because her boyfriend knocked her up and left her for the popular cheerleader.
Nah, he'll be too afraid to break up with her lol.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionicarm http:///t/393907/so-i-bought-a-gun-few-interesting-facts-about-that/160#post_3506746
Hey! That looks like one of the AR's I saw at that gun show! What you don't see is little Sarah taking her new pink toy and spewing a full mag of shells into little Pink Teddy in her backyard. Give her 10 years, and she'll go on a shooting rampage because her boyfriend knocked her up and left her for the popular cheerleader.
Thats the cheap version. The good one would have the metalwork in pink too.

reefraff

Talked to my buddy in Az. He just finished the last AR for his kids. Not too long before the Aurora shooting he started wrangling up the parts to build each kid an AR. He isn't into the 3 guns for much more than a grand. Sitting on a nice profit there if he wants it.

darthtang aw

Hey!  That looks like one of the AR's I saw at that gun show!  What you don't see is little Sarah taking her new pink toy and spewing a full mag of shells into little Pink Teddy in her backyard.  Give her 10 years, and she'll go on a shooting rampage because her boyfriend knocked her up and left her for the popular cheerleader.
Yeah, Because that happens ALL THE TIME!

bionicarm

Just went to the monthly SAXET Gun Show. Those people are in their own little world. The going price for an AR-style weapon was $2100 - $2900. Selling 30-round AR mags for $30 - $50. If anyone had .223 or 9mm, it was going for at least double what you normally pay for it in the store. Complete lower receivers were going for $349 - $499. Didn't even try pricing the other parts. What was funny was there were about 20 different people walking around the show with these various AR's, and they had these little signs on sticks that listed the model/type and what they wanted to sell it for. Apparently these were the guys that bought pre-Sandy Hook for $650 - $1200, and they were trying to cash in on the over-reactionary rush. I think reality was starting to set in, because I don't think I saw anyone actually dropping money to pay these ridiculous prices. Even the dealers were saying how stupid it was. Of course they're going to keep the prices jacked up until it gets to the point that noone's buying. Once they lose sales, and spend all that money for table space and don't sell anything, prices will drop back down. I'll give it to April or May before people come to their senses.