So it Begins...all 10 feet of it...

rotarymagic

Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
http:///forum/post/2805923
I here you this is my wifes plans now. We get a 55or 75 for a reef I am pushing for the 75 for the reef and call it my sons tank. Then I get her a 29 for a pony tank with another 29 for a QT tank. Then when we upgrade my 150 to either a 250or 300 trying to decide if I want 5 feet or 6 feet of tank in my den at the new house will get my 150 drilled and make that reef and the 75 a peaceful saltwater tank.
I was always kinda itching to have a big anthias only tank... LOL.. Those $900/each deepwater ones.. but that'll have to wait till I win the lottery hahahaha... 10 of them in a 240...=$9000 in just fish AHAAHAHAHA...gem tang nothing..

m0nk

Originally Posted by ccampbell57
http:///forum/post/2805366
Yes i have my 180 and i decided to keep it and make it a full blown reef tank...the wife said..."why dont we make it reef like it used to be?"...DONE!!!
Hehe, awesome! Bummer on the big one, but you already seem to have the patience part of the hobby worked out well (I still don't).

R

rcreations

Oh man, that sucks! Someone definitely dropped the ball on that one. But at least you're not out anything... still sucks you have to wait again, but if you weren't planning to set it up right away, it shouldn't be a big deal.

psusocr1

if you search posts by me, i have a thread called i beleive acrylic buffing 101.. its a step by step to getting scratches out of acrylic..

truefishman

ccamp that must really suck to have to wiat again but look on the bright side at least you dont have to pay for any shipping and it will give you more time to plan

ccampbell57

It is actually giving me some time to rethink my stock list...
Tell me what you think:
Pair of Bandits
Emperor Angel Adult
Emperor Angel juvie
Blueface Angel
Queen Angel
Pair of Potters Angels
Scribbled Angel
Personifer Angel
Chrysurus Angel
Pair of goldflake angels
Hippo Tang
Naso Tang
Pair of Reticulated Butterflies
School of Blue-green Chromis (10 or more)
2 male Flame wrasse and 3 female flame wrasse

R

rcreations

I would take out the juvi emperor and the blue face and replace them with a pair of Crosshatch triggers. I've always wanted a crosshatch and I think you'll have problems between the blue face and queen. They don't get along very well.

ccampbell57

-- - remember, I already have a 10" emperor, 9" blueface, and an 8" queen. They all get along fine.
As for the crosshatches...I had a chance at a pair of 3.5" crosshatches the other day, but I have no where to put them.
I will have them, but they are not first priority as I already had a male xhatch.

aquaknight

Chris, reorganized your list, so that what's already in the 180 now, and what will be added to the 500

I think for visualization purposes it will help.... (I think I got everything right?)
(in 180gal)

Bandit Angel
Emperor Angel Adult
Blueface Angel
Queen Angel
Pair of Potters Angels
Hippo Tang
Naso Tang

[hr]
(To be added)

Emperor Angel juvie
Second Bandit Angel
Scribbled Angel
Personifer Angel
Chrysurus Angel
Pair of goldflake angels
School of Blue-green Chromis (10 or more)
Personally, I would enjoy to see some 'meat eaters' in there. Some less aggressive triggers as already mentioned would be perfect. And some thing cooler then Blue-green chromis. A school of rare cardinals.

R

rcreations

Ah, I forgot you already have the queen and the blue face. In that case, if they get along, no reason not to keep them.

ccampbell57

Ok here is a revised list:(in 180gal)
Bandit Angel
Emperor Angel Adult
Blueface Angel
Queen Angel
Pair of Potters Angels
Hippo Tang
Naso Tang

[hr]
(To be added)

Emperor Angel juvie
Second Bandit Angel
Scribbled Angel
Personifer Angel
Chrysurus Angel
Pair of goldflake angels
Pair of Crosshatch triggers

Dussimier Tang

2 Achillies Tangs

crimzy

I have lost track of time... is the 5 weeks up yet???

I can't keep looking at this thread without a tank somewhere in there.

bill109

http:///forum/post/2723668
My Tek HO T5's just came in. I am so excited. These are brighter than I could have ever guessed.
The fixtures are 48" each and hold 8 HO 54w T5 lights. The unit is super light, very beautiful and comes with hanging gear.
If you are in the market for new lights, I would HIGHLY suggest these bad boys to anyone.
Let me know what you think.
i have tht! its amazing fixture but the ballast suck... ALOT
when it works its a more than what you expect fixture

ccampbell57

I am hoping that they are ok...I am sure that I will keep the Tek's for a year or so and then switch to some bigger more powerful lights. I didnt need halides as it is FOWLR, but eventually it may be fun to have 5-6 halides on it.

bill109

http:///forum/post/2812386
I am hoping that they are ok...I am sure that I will keep the Tek's for a year or so and then switch to some bigger more powerful lights. I didnt need halides as it is FOWLR, but eventually it may be fun to have 5-6 halides on it.
i use tht same fixture over my 90 and it keeps everything looking goooodddd
from softies to stony corals
the cost of 5-6 halides wont be fun lol i wanted to go tht route too

hefner413

I had 4x #4 Koralia's on my 180, but with so much flow, I couldn't keep the substrate from moving all around.. so I turned off 2 of them and now just have 2 going. Any rec's on what to do?
I ask this b/c I'm still having probs w/ cyano here and there on my 180 despite decreasing my lighting and feeding.