So who's burning the Koran on the 11th?

soviettaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///forum/thread/380081/so-who-s-burning-the-koran-on-the-11th/140#post_3307806

look at the members of the board.how many have expressed their reasoning against this mosque as insensitivity? A good majority...this alone should show a good majority nation wide are against it other than for reasons you stated. There is nothing to challenge....the law already says he can build it..the opposition is the community in general. which has no legal recourse except vocal opposition.There is nothing saying he cant build it there....so I ask again..whey there and not 3-4 blocks further away?
These are people who are elected to office if the majority of a city doesn't want it they won't want it. Politics 101. And probably because he already bought the place and he doesn't have to when he feels grief for the event happening and is not responsible for it.

soviettaco

Then how close can they be? Should they not be allowed to be in sight of the building and vise versa even though Muslims were killed? FDR and WILSON? What are you saying?

darthtang aw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOVIETTACO http:///forum/thread/380081/so-who-s-burning-the-koran-on-the-11th/140#post_3307815
These are people who are elected to office if the majority of a city doesn't want it they won't want it. Politics 101. And probably because he already bought the place and he doesn't have to when he feels grief for the event happening and is not responsible for it.
I am not talking officials..but citizens of the country are against this in a vast majority. He has not purchased it. so..I ask...why this spot? how can one hope to operate a facility such as this peacefully with all the controversy and turmoil around it?

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOVIETTACO http:///forum/thread/380081/so-who-s-burning-the-koran-on-the-11th/140#post_3307817
Then how close can they be? Should they not be allowed to be in sight of the building and vise a versa even though Muslims were killed? FDR and WILSON? What are you saying?
FRD and Woodrow Wilson both interred foreigners during the two big wars.

As far as where should they build dunno, I say let the 9-11 families offer a suggestion of what is too close but I would say it's too close when the building suffered damage from one of the jets and it will be seen from the 9-11 memorial site.

reefraff

The guy who currently owns the building is an interesting subject as well. The guy was a waiter and came up with millions to buy the property.

soviettaco

Doesn't he own the land if not then I'm sorry, for some reason I thought he had bought it already. I at first said it was a bad idea but then I realized these people who want to place this building here are not the same as those who attacked the twin towers so we should not be affected by them. Honestly I think our attention should be on the people shooting at our men and women because that's not a matter of they can but it's ill advised instead it's an atrocity against humanity.

soviettaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///forum/thread/380081/so-who-s-burning-the-koran-on-the-11th/160#post_3307829
FRD and Woodrow Wilson both interred foreigners during the two big wars.

As far as where should they build dunno, I say let the 9-11 families offer a suggestion of what is too close but I would say it's too close when the building suffered damage from one of the jets and it will be seen from the 9-11 memorial site.

So people from a country are the same as people from a religion which spans many different countries? I'm not saying what happened was right it was terribly wrong and I strongly disagree but it is being said to prove a point that their isn't some large Islamic sentiment felt by all Muslims.

soviettaco

ugghhh I'm not going to budge and either are you so let's just agree to disagree and see what happens. If someone is killed because of it being built there then I will be concerned. Time to watch some foooseball. The question is Vikings or Saints? Hmmmmm.....

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOVIETTACO http:///forum/thread/380081/so-who-s-burning-the-koran-on-the-11th/160#post_3307835
So people from a country are the same as people from a religion which spans many different countries? I'm not saying what happened was right it was terribly wrong and i strongly disagree but it is being said to prove a point that their isn't some large Islamic sentiment felt by all Muslims.

No, I am just talking about isolating people based on fill in the blank.

bang guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOVIETTACO http:///forum/thread/380081/so-who-s-burning-the-koran-on-the-11th/160#post_3307835
So people from a country are the same as people from a religion which spans many different countries? I'm not saying what happened was right it was terribly wrong and i strongly disagree but it is being said to prove a point that their isn't some large Islamic sentiment felt by all Muslims.

You appear to be far more knowledgeable on this subject than I. So, I want to ask you what the meaning of the Quran sword verse is that states "fight and slay the pagans wherever ye find them and seize them beleaguer them and lie in wait for them in every stratagem
"

My first impression is that this means believers of Islam, by law, must kill all nonbelievers encountered. Is this quote out of context or some misinterpretation perhaps?

darthtang aw

a bad idea is a bad idea....no matter who's idea it is.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOVIETTACO http:///forum/thread/380081/so-who-s-burning-the-koran-on-the-11th/160#post_3307834
Doesn't he own the land if not then I'm sorry, for some reason I thought he had bought it already. I at first said it was a bad idea but then I realized these people who want to place this building here are not the same as those who attacked the twin towers so we should not be affected by them.

stdreb27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOVIETTACO http:///forum/thread/380081/so-who-s-burning-the-koran-on-the-11th/140#post_3307804
Uggghhhhh again with this flag burning nonsense and Muslims killed Americans stuff. You are saying that because some killed and some burn flags that all cannot be from a peaceful a religion. If Islam was a religion of hate or whatever why aren't they all running around gunning down and suicide bombing non Muslims? Ummmm because it is a peaceful religion. Some Christians killed citizens of another country in terrorist attacks and some burned other countries flags does this mean that Christianity is a religion of hate? No! Clearly what people do does not reflect a religions teachings of peace.

Can Muslims be American stdred27? Can they really hold the same core beliefs that our constitution contains?
I'm just pointing out what has been done quite recently in the name of this "peaceful" religion... That and their seeming incompetence. You're religion does all this, you'd better be bending over backwards to prove yourself. Not spitting in our eye...

well taco, I used to think a muslim could be true to his religion and American. But I've changed my mind, since our Muslim president has been busy lately...

I jest I jest.

But seriously, I do think so, I believe the American ideology of life liberty and pursuit of happiness doesn't just apply to one group of people. But all people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOVIETTACO
http:///forum/thread/380081/so-who-s-burning-the-koran-on-the-11th/140#post_3307809
Dearborn is not a designated place I mean a district a "Muslim zone".

And I guess no more churches should be built because there are so many already, and anyone who wants to should just shut up and go elsewhere. Plus saying there is 100 Mosques is like saying there are 100 churches go to one. When you may be a Baptist and the nearest Baptist church is an hour away. You do realize there are many many different sects of Islam don't you?
Next time the southern baptists go kill 2000 people we'll talk...

soviettaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang Guy http:///forum/thread/380081/so-who-s-burning-the-koran-on-the-11th/160#post_3307843
You appear to be far more knowledgeable on this subject than I. So, I want to ask you what the meaning of the Quran sword verse is that states "fight and slay the pagans wherever ye find them and seize them beleaguer them and lie in wait for them in every stratagem
"

My first impression is that this means believers of Islam, by law, must kill all nonbelievers encountered. Is this quote out of context or some misinterpretation perhaps?
The Torah and the Bible say the same thing even though it is a contradiction in what God says and what Jesus says, if it isn't a contradiction then it could be said both of these religions intend hate and slaying non believers. Now Pagans aren't Jewish and aren't followers of Christ they were a polytheistic religion and at the time all three books were first mass printed. Pagans were considered a threat to all three religions. By the way Allah and the Jewish peoples' God are the same as the Christian god and the The Old Testament is basically a Torah as is the beginning of the Qoran the only difference is in which prophets are correct.

And no reefraff we can't. Sorry. I believe you are dangerously close to something that is considered hateful, sorry :(

And I can't decide.... Go Lions hahahaha.

soviettaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by stdreb27 http:///forum/thread/380081/so-who-s-burning-the-koran-on-the-11th/160#post_3307851
I'm just pointing out what has been done quite recently in the name of this "peaceful" religion... That and their seeming incompetence. You're religion does all this, you'd better be bending over backwards to prove yourself. Not spitting in our eye...

well taco, I used to think a muslim could be true to his religion and American. But I've changed my mind, since our Muslim president has been busy lately...

I jest I jest.

But seriously, I do think so, I believe the American ideology of life liberty and pursuit of happiness doesn't just apply to one group of people. But all people.

Next time the southern baptists go kill 2000 people we'll talk...
So you do think Muslims can be "true Americans" and hold the same ideals? Your wording is confusing. You say you do think so but then say such ideas can belong to anyone. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang Guy http:///forum/thread/380081/so-who-s-burning-the-koran-on-the-11th/160#post_3307843
"

My first impression is that this means believers of Islam, by law, must kill all nonbelievers encountered. Is this quote out of context or some misinterpretation perhaps? YES

The Koran is a plagiarism of the scriptures, Mohammad claimed an angel was pressing him to recite and the purpose was to straighten out the misconceptions of the Christians and the Jews. The Jews did not believe the Messiah had come and this was considered a wrong idea by the angel who pressed Mohammad to recite. The Koran’s claim is that in this area the Jews are wrong.

The Christians think they are free from the Torah law, and the covenant, this again is incorrect according to the angel Mohammad was dealing with.

This is the main function of the Koran. It declares openly that it is NOT to be used without the books that were already written. It is not a stand alone work but must be joined with the Christians books and the books of Moses (Torah). The above concept you are highlighting is in fact a Bible concept, be it the "new" or "old" testament. God hates idolatry and we are commanded to destroy them where ever we find them. Any god besides the God of the Bible is a false god and is to be destroyed and the followers killed.

Gideon was told to do this and he broke the idols down in the cloak of dark because he was afraid of the town’s people, the next day the town’s folk wanted to kill him. Gideon’s father saved him by saying, that if their god was a god...let him exact revenge for the broken idols. From this we learn that the true God needs no help from us to exact revenge, "vengeance is mine says the Lord."

The Koran is an awesome book, and I believe Mohammad experienced something…The religion called Islam does not properly follow the concept of the Koran, it is a twisted religion, just as the many twisted religions have evolved from the Holy books…Islam is no different.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOVIETTACO http:///forum/thread/380081/so-who-s-burning-the-koran-on-the-11th/160#post_3307856

The Torah and the Bible say the same thing even though it is a contradiction in what God says and what Jesus says, if it isn't a contradiction then it could be said both of these religions intend hate and slaying non believers. Now Pagans aren't Jewish and aren't followers of Christ they were a polytheistic religion and at the time all three books were first mass printed. Pagans were considered a threat to all three religions. By the way Allah and the Jewish peoples' God are the same as the Christian god and the The Old Testament is basically a Torah as is the beginning of the Qoran the only difference is in which prophets are correct.

And no reefraff we can't. Sorry. I believe you are dangerously close to something that is considered hateful, sorry :(

And I can't decide.... Go Lions hahahaha.
Hateful? Where do you come up with that from.

reefraff

Whatever the original intent the religion breeds more than it's fair share of violence and I don't just mean the terrorists.

stdreb27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOVIETTACO http:///forum/thread/380081/so-who-s-burning-the-koran-on-the-11th/160#post_3307857
So you do think Muslims can be "true Americans" and hold the same ideals? Your wording is confusing. You say you do think so but then say such ideas can belong to anyone. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.
It was a dodge, I think the American ideals are for everyone. Whether they can assimilate is another question. The Muslims I've spoken and dealt with. And I definitely engaged them about their views on religion and politics. I don't. Those guys where nuts, and another reason I do not buy the idea that "it is only a handful" argument.
I was interacting with rich enough to travel all the way to the U.S.A. legally, and take private (as in a company's) ESL classes that was as expensive as a private university. And enough money to fund living in a trendy urban area of Houston. Most had the equivalent of masters and doctorates. And either funded the classes themselves, or were funded though their work. One guy was a rocket propulsion scientist from Libya. But when my friend asked him why does Libya need a rocket propulsion scientist. He said with a straight face and no clue the implications of saying this to us. "To destroy Israel. "

And I can tell story after story, that would lead me to believe the "America is evil" thought is much much more prevalent than the PC crowd would lead us to believe.

It is downright scary...

soviettaco

I cannot distinguish what you are saying, it seems like someone edited your post or something, and your spelling is off. By the way you asked him why does "Libya" need rocket propulsion and he answered "to destroy Israel". You did not ask him why do Muslims need rocket propulsion and he did not answer to destroy the Jewish people. Once again this is country on country not religion on religion. If you deny that you should have asked about Muslims not the Libyan Government.