Squidd I'm Almost Ready To Move To The Basement!!

lubeck

Sqiudd, Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. I was reading that thread since 9pm till 10pm tonight and just found the middle pic.
This set up will still be ok with my backwash?

lubeck

After looking at this... it looks very confusing. I all of the pics are "top view" right? I can't find letter F in the third pic, is it letter G instead?

lubeck

Tell me if I am right, Is the middle pic for baffle "A" and "B" ONLY? Which means, If i take a copy of this to "Ohio Glass Co." they will cut baffles A and B to the specs of the MIDDLE PIC???
Also, If i just give them C thru H I shoudl be good to go, right?
Where is letter E in the side view pic?
Is there actually a notch in the second pic on baffle A? it is toward the right on the top?

squidd

"F" is between "G" and "H"...holds skimmer shelf up..
Cut list should be good "assuming" inside of tank is 17 7/8" or what ever Leona told me hers was...basicly 1/16" to 1/8" less than YOUR sump width...all other measurements are good..
"E" would be behind "D" in th side view...ettering comes from bottom pic...letters in top pic were for chamber identification...
"A" and "B" both have notchs...a good glass shop should be able to cut them for you...I cut mine and Leona had someone cut hers...

lubeck

Also, Squidd
Leona and acklic51 were discussing something to "hold" the glass in place. The pic was removed what were they talking about. I would like to get 3, well, that's how many leaona bought.

squidd

OK fine..
They were plastic "triangles" used to keep glass perpendicular or plumb...then "tape" in place while silicone drys..
I prefer to draw a line on "outside" with sharpi marker..then lay beed of silicon on inside over line..then slide baffle in place and tape..after it drys remove tape, cut out "excess" silicone and lay in a nice "fillet" bead in corners...

lubeck

Post 82 is not accurate, right? There should be a baffle for the drain line to come in. Like in post 86 baffle C is the first baffle on my left side of tank which then water goes under those and up under the skimmer and over.... which letter baffle?
I am almost understanding the whole flow but my setup is opposite, my skimmer is on the left side and fuge is on the right. I am going to go back to the 101 thread for a minute

lubeck

Ok, what baffle letter goes after the skimmer? This is the picture I am following, right? Do I really need 5" for the first baffle on the right?

squidd

It's accurate, but your only seeing the first "layer"...
Overflow drain and baffle "C" are "behind" skimmer, just as "E" is behind "D"...
If you need to you can do a "mirror" image (left to right) or flip it front to back..or both..Just keep the baffles in order...

squidd

Originally Posted by Lubeck
Ok, what baffle letter goes after the skimmer? This is the picture I am following, right? Do I really need 5" for the first baffle on the right?
Yes 5"...
Now your looking at an "end" view and baffle "B" is behind the skimmer with the notch on the upper left..

lubeck

Well of coarse I trust your judgement, and will take this spec sheet to Ohio glass hopefully towmorrow.
just to be sure though; Letter C and F are measured correctly with those 1/2" incriments?

squidd

Yes, because the 5 1/2 is the height of the "shelf"...and 17 1/2 is a vertical length set up off the bottom...they are both 11" to set the "width between end and baffle "B"... same as "G" and "H"..

lubeck

where could I find those egg crates? Also, I am not there yet, but... i will still need to drill air holes in the OTT return which is 1-1/4" with a T for water dispersement. I think I need to drill holes in the drain lines as well right?

squidd

Again only caution would be on 17 13/16" measurements...based on a 17 7/8" actual inside measurement...

squidd

Egg crate is a light diffuser panel found in electrical dept...
Antisiphon hole in return at waterline in tank..."T and outlets should be under water... and pressure relief hole in drain 4" up from water line in sump...

lubeck

Originally Posted by Squidd
Yes, because the 5 1/2 is the height of the "shelf"...and 17 1/2 is a vertical length set up off the bottom...they are both 11" to set the "width between end and baffle "B"... same as "G" and "H"..

Excellent, I can't wait to assemble this bad boy... really I can't wait till this is all over and my tank is thriving and feel comfortable that everything will be set up for maintenance free (mostly at least) before I leave for vacation.
Oh, I am really pushing on getting the ASM3 before too long. Wife wants flowers this year for the yard soo...

lubeck

squidd,
I ordered the baffles for the sump/fuge, said it would be ready by the middle of next week. It was fairly expensive.
I hope the thickness was supposed to be 1/4"