Start of one "BIG" SPS tank

azfishgal

Originally Posted by 20galFOWLR
please correct me if im wrong, but i had no idea you could add that ammount of fish at one time, or is this because this is a HUGE tank? serisous question
I was wondering this myself, but this guy has like 8 tanks so who am I to question it.

B

bonita69

Are these pics taken from the Anthonys Key Resort, In Rotan Honduras, webpage?
Who knows?? I was just surfing and came across them and the first thought I had was "This is Goodwin in his new tank"........so I just had to post it.
a little something to laugh at untill the next update!!

goodwin9

please correct me if im wrong, but i had no idea you could add that ammount of fish at one time, or is this because this is a HUGE tank? serisous question
I am taking a chance. Water has been good the past week after the first introductions. I am counting on the volume of water being able to handle the load of the new fish. I've got 200 gallons ready to go incase things go south. I guess time will tell how big of a mistake $$$ I might have made. Good news is that the fish looked great tonight. Pictures coming shortly.

ser_cyclops

you should hang a sign out side saying aquarium and i think that tank is so big you could put tunnels in it like ripleys lol

goodwin9

First full tank shot picture before I realized that I hadn't turned on the pendants. Better ones to follow...........

azfishgal

SPECTACULAR!!!! Keep them coming!
(Can't WAIT until I can add fish to my tank. Everything is set, just waiting for the cycle.
)
OH WAIT! I think I see a blue tang in that first pics, show the blue tang!!!

goodwin9

Originally Posted by azfishgal
SPECTACULAR!!!! Keep them coming!
(Can't WAIT until I can add fish to my tank. Everything is set, just waiting for the cycle.
)
OH WAIT! I think I see a blue tang in that first pics, show the blue tang!!!
Here is a better picture, or at least the first that I found out of the ones that I took tonight...just for you AZFishGal...trying to go through some 600 pictures I took tonight so there should be some better shots to follow...

psusocr1

hey chuck,
just a thought but with all of those tangs , if it were me , i would order about 20+ or so cleaner shrimp as to make sure they never get ich and that if so, god forbid, the cleaners will clean them up real quick.. i love watching my cleaner shrimp in the "cleaning" station service the tangs when they swim through

goodwin9

Originally Posted by psusocr1
hey chuck,
just a thought but with all of those tangs , if it were me , i would order about 20+ or so cleaner shrimp as to make sure they never get ich and that if so, god forbid, the cleaners will clean them up real quick.. i love watching my cleaner shrimp in the "cleaning" station service the tangs when they swim through
I did get 4 cleaner shrimp & 4 cleaner wrasses. The chromis went to the shrimp and the wrasses were all over the rest of the fish. I think that I have a couple of shots in tonight photos that I am going through. I thought about getting more shrimp because they were pretty reasonably priced.

azfishgal

Originally Posted by goodwin9
Here is a better picture, or at least the first that I found out of the ones that I took tonight...just for you AZFishGal...trying to go through some 600 pictures I took tonight so there should be some better shots to follow...
Thanks!
I love them! Do you have 3? Looks like one is a reflection. A Blue Hippo tang is the ONE fish I'm waiting to put in my tank. It's the whole reason I got a 6' tank. I know, crazy for just one simple fish. :hilarious