Start of one "BIG" SPS tank

goodwin9

Originally Posted by justforfun
Thinking of making my own water once I have the 1000 and 300 set up.
A few questions for you.
1. What kind of salt mix do you use and what size do you get.
2. About how much does it come to per gallon total cost.
3. What kind of RO/DO system do you use.
4. Can you take a side pic of the refugime.
5. Not sure if you did a list of equipment. If not what is the total list.
Thanks for the Help.
1. I use Instant Ocean & Reed Crystals.
2. I never stopped to figure out the cost.
3. I use a GE Merlin RO system (720 GPD)
4. Will try and get you a picture later today.
5. Equipment:
Protein slimmer - H&S A300
Calcium Reactor - Reef Mania CR600
Phos Reactor - Reef Mania FMR2
Sand Filters - Dual Lifeguard FB600
Chillers - Dual Prime 1/3hp chillers
Filtration - Dual Lifeguard, mechanical, chemical, and 40 watt UV's
Pumps - 2 Blueline 100's, 2 Blueline 70's (4 total for tank)

goodwin9

Originally Posted by kwolfskill
Wow. I live vicariously through your web cam. Can't wait untill I get water in my new 75RR, but then I will be trying to figure out how to get a big tank like yours.
Thank you!, I hope to have cams up and running on 3 more of my tanks by this time next week. I thought this was going to be the year for the Hawks or at least a final 4 appearance..maybe next year....

goodwin9

Originally Posted by kayak385
very nice pics.
Thank you! I can see from this last group of pictures that I had better do a little tank cleaning before I take any more....

goodwin9

Originally Posted by larryndana
beautiful fish, congrats.
Thank you for your compliments. There are so many that I would like to have but am going to have to stop and start working on the addition of the corals.

goodwin9

Originally Posted by TriGa22
Goodwin, do you go through a sheet of nori everyday? Thats alot of tangs.
3 sheets for all of the tanks & tangs, I buy it in bulk........

monalisa

Originally Posted by AdroitMind
I was just watching The Blue Planet: Seas of Life. It's the best ocean documenary ever in case anyone whate to know. Anyway they have a scene in there where 2 powder blues are defending their teritory from a school of some othe kind of tang. These 2 fish chase away a school of like 100 fish. If they live in the same teritory in the ocean and help each other defend it then why not in an aquarium?
P.S. gongrats on the first elite 8 birth of the Bill Self eara Goodwin. Looks like i am going to have to break down and root for KU :mad: if I want to see a big 12 team win it all.
I watched that too, and actually put 4 hours of that series on dvd. The fish that the powder blues were defending against were convict tangs...they (the convicts) cleaned a huge area of algea in minutes, but there were hundreds of them.
I love that series and hope to order it on dvd without the commercials.
Lisa :happyfish

monalisa

Originally Posted by kwolfskill
Wow. I live vicariously through your web cam. Can't wait untill I get water in my new 75RR, but then I will be trying to figure out how to get a big tank like yours.
Goodwin,
I wish I could get your web cam pics to load...using a MAC (OS10)...for some reason it just doesn't make for good media for that kind of thing. Also, when I try to view the random pics, they're SO over to the right with no scroll...probably a MAC thing too, IDK...

kayak385

Originally Posted by MonaLisa
Goodwin,
I wish I could get your web cam pics to load...using a MAC (OS10)...for some reason it just doesn't make for good media for that kind of thing. Also, when I try to view the random pics, they're SO over to the right with no scroll...probably a MAC thing too, IDK...
My random pics are over to the right without scroll also, but the video came works.

goodwin9

Originally Posted by MonaLisa
Goodwin,
Hi Lisa..I wish I had an answer. I have one Mac running Safari 2.0.4 and I can view the cam. My other mac, I can't..go figure. I am adding other cams on some of the other tanks and a couple may be setup to use a different viewer. I am still testing the software to see which works best.

cnall

Sorry, but where is the link to the webcam? I read through the whole post the other day and must have missed the link
. Will someone PLEASE HURRY and tell me its driving me crazy looking at the same pics over and over again. Thanks

shogun323

Originally Posted by Cnall
Sorry, but where is the link to the webcam? I read through the whole post the other day and must have missed the link
. Will someone PLEASE HURRY and tell me its driving me crazy looking at the same pics over and over again. Thanks

Click on Goodwin9's username and click on visit Goodwin9's homepage.

justforfun

I found the RO System on linethat you have. About $400. Question any reason not to use a RO/DO system.
Originally Posted by goodwin9
1. I use Instant Ocean & Reed Crystals.
2. I never stopped to figure out the cost.
3. I use a GE Merlin RO system (720 GPD)
4. Will try and get you a picture later today.
5. Equipment:
Protein slimmer - H&S A300
Calcium Reactor - Reef Mania CR600
Phos Reactor - Reef Mania FMR2
Sand Filters - Dual Lifeguard FB600
Chillers - Dual Prime 1/3hp chillers
Filtration - Dual Lifeguard, mechanical, chemical, and 40 watt UV's
Pumps - 2 Blueline 100's, 2 Blueline 70's (4 total for tank)

monalisa

Originally Posted by goodwin9
Hi Lisa..I wish I had an answer. I have one Mac running Safari 2.0.4 and I can view the cam. My other mac, I can't..go figure. I am adding other cams on some of the other tanks and a couple may be setup to use a different viewer. I am still testing the software to see which works best.
Our version of Safari is 1.3.2, that's probably what the problem is...
I'll just keep checking.

kevin34

Amazing tank Goodwin. If you dont mind me asking how much did the mag. foxface cost and where id you get it? What is their care level like and what size tank do they need?

goodwin9

Originally Posted by Kevin34
Amazing tank Goodwin. If you dont mind me asking how much did the mag. foxface cost and where id you get it? What is their care level like and what size tank do they need?
I picked up the Magnificent Fox locally for $100. I would think that you would want at least a 75 gallon tank for a fox. I've never had a problem keeping one in any of my tanks.