Start of one "BIG" SPS tank

goodwin9

Originally Posted by TriGa22
Goodwin. Whatcha adding next? Any full tank pics?
This is a tempoary link to a site that I am testing a few different live cam viewers. If you go to this link, click on the java viewer for the second camera. (600 Gallon Reef - Hi-res camera). This will give a better shot of the new tank.
http://dev.dakotareef.com/cam_test/?...80&height=1024
You can take your own picture with the snap shot viewer on the left.....

jrandolph1

That is so bad to the bone. I was watching you feed your fish. You have like way too much time. Or maybe that is me LoL. When is the live video going to be available?

goodwin9

Originally Posted by Big Pat
Is that an Atlantic blue tang in the first picture of the anemone? What kind of anemone is that?

That is the Dussimer tang in the pictures. He is one of my favorites. It is a green bulb anemone in the picture.

goodwin9

Originally Posted by jrandolph1
That is so bad to the bone. I was watching you feed your fish. You have like way too much time. Or maybe that is me LoL. When is the live video going to be available?
If you are at the link, you are watching live video..I just have to remember the cameras are on 24/7 and comb my hair before I feed the fish....

saltn00b

so goodwin, you dont QT or do any preventitive measure to fight ick? you just gamble with all of that livestock? i am just curious.

goodwin9

Originally Posted by saltn00b
so goodwin, you dont QT or do any preventitive measure to fight ick? you just gamble with all of that livestock? i am just curious.
I do not quarantine the fish. It is a risk in not doing. I probably should do it.

am00re34

i know people have asked before but what do you think you've spent on this project? not counting the fish. basically if i was going to replicate your set up what would i be spending???

kevin34

Originally Posted by goodwin9
I don't have any new full tank shots, but here are a couple of pictures of the new anemone I added Friday. Looks like he is fighting to keep his grip on the rock in the current in the tank.

What kind of tang is that? Also what kind of anemone?

purebullet

i think you should defetnly get a pair of blue jaws. also you should get a regal angle. i hear some of them are reef safe if well feed and in a big enough tank

quakstar

You are living every reefers dream having tons of aquariums with awsome high tech toys to show them off I would love to have a web cam on my aquarium is it something really hard to set up

goodwin9

I goofed... I under estimated the cooling capacity of the 2 Current Prime chillers I had built in the system. The lighting, along with the equipment below the tank was more than the chillers could handle. With all of the light on, the chillers were barely able to keep the tank at 80 degrees. They were running most of the time with all of the lights on. I decided to replace them with a single 1HP chiller from Tradewinds. Plumbing the new chiller was fairly easy since every thing had been plumbed with unions. It was a matter of adding a little spa flex to reach the chiller. Because of its size, the chiller will not fit under the tank so was placed next to the stand. The good news is with all of the lights on, the chiller runs about 30 minutes to take the tank back down to 75 degrees when it hit the 1 degree differential. It's a 230 volt model and should save me some money in the long run.

coolguy818

This has got to be the most insane tank build post i have encountered. Either you mortgaged your house to do this or I need a career change. And I own a

[hr]
company.
This is impressive :jumping: :scared: :jumping: :scared:

fish lady

Well this is my first day on here and you are by far the fish GOD! I was just wondering, I only had a 200 gallon and the moisture in my house was unreal the windows were sweating like crazy! How many de-humidifiers do you have set up?