Start of one "BIG" SPS tank

azfishgal

:cheer: Yeah, your first fish!!!!!! OK, you can add more than that. I seriously doubt those little fish will add even a slight increase in amonia.
I know, I know, slower is better. But a full tank shot is due! ***)

albfishin'

YIPPEE!!!! Those little guys must feel right at home.....just like being back in the ocean! :cheer:
KEEP US POSTED, full tank shot plz..........

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by goodwin9
Got a few new fish this morning that are now acclimating. I will try and get some photos this evening.

what kinda fish? and thnx for answering my octo q's

azfishgal

Looking good! :cheer:
I have a silly question: Are you going to drip acclimate? And if so, why temp acclimate, won't the drip acclimate also take care of the temp at the same time? :notsure:

azfishgal

Originally Posted by The J.O.P.
those chromis look like fry in that big ole tank.
I think you are crazy, I don't see any fish in that tank.
(j/k)

goodwin9

Originally Posted by azfishgal
I have a silly question: Are you going to drip acclimate? And if so, why temp acclimate, won't the drip acclimate also take care of the temp at the same time? :notsure:
I don't drip acclimate my fish, probably should, but I don't, just temp.

saltn00b

Originally Posted by azfishgal
actually temp acclimate is fine but when you drip, the little bucket loses a lot of heat, especially depending on ambient room temps, i strongly suggest getting the smallest little floating thermometer and having it pre-set to match the drop bucket water's temp to the dripping tanks temp. it may take some fiddling depening on the size of drip bucket, so play with it before there are fish in it. (hmm that last phrase was not sexual at all)