Start of one "BIG" SPS tank

rubberduck

i was just thinking of a lfs in inIANA that i go to that has a 4 foot long 500something pound Gigas clam and that would look so good in your tank. Even if he wants a grand for it :thinking:

goodwin9

Originally Posted by RUBBERDUCK
i was just thinking of a lfs in inIANA that i go to that has a 4 foot long 500something pound Gigas clam and that would look so good in your tank. Even if he wants a grand for it :thinking:

LOL...Just what I need..

stdreb27

There is a clam at a lfs in arlington, in their 1000 gallon setup, that is almost 2 feet long. The shells looked the size of 2 dinner plates side by side, and the hole he sucks in water at was the size of a grapefruit. HUGE. I didn't bother asking how much it was.

goodwin9

Originally Posted by Reefboys
How bigs the new Mag. Foxface? Looks about 5 or 6 inches?
My guess is that he is close to 6"

triga22

Really nice. Are you going to put a cover over the eqquipment under the tank? I see that it would be hard to get at it all so I guess not.

triga22

That tank is beautiful. Its kinda neat how the fish stay together and then there is like 2 loners. Are you done adding fish?

goodwin9

Originally Posted by TriGa22
Really nice. Are you going to put a cover over the eqquipment under the tank? I see that it would be hard to get at it all so I guess not.
Originally when the tank was going to be set up in my living room, the bottom portion of the stand was going to have smoked plexi-glass panels. I opted to save some money and leave them off after it was decided to put the tank in the basement.

goodwin9

That tank is beautiful. Its kinda neat how the fish stay together and then there is like 2 loners. Are you done adding fish?
They do seem to group together, but I think that they thought that were about to get fed rather than having their pictures taken. It's about time for dinner.... I would still like to find a nice Achilles, Sohal, and Mustard tang for the tank. Otherwise my fish "wish" list is fairly complete for the time being. I hope to soon add some corals to complete the tank.

goodwin9

Yea I dont think the floor would hold that. Its gotta be over 7000 pounds.
Pretty good guess...about 7600 lbs.

cjason3041

goodwin, i LOVE the new pics... i can't wait til the tank is about a year old... it will be freakin sweet!!! well by sweeter i mean i will be more jealuos than i am now