The Sobering Facts

clown boy

Originally Posted by Jmick
Since some of you are basing your opinions here strictly on the word of the bible and god, what do you think of the baby killings in the old testament that were ordained by god?
What are you talking about? I need to see this...

jmick

Originally Posted by reefreak29
i never stated that, i personaly believe its murder,and can you give me a verse to refer to i know what your talking about i just dont know where it is
1 Samuel 15:3
Psalms 135:8 & 136:10
Psalms 137:9
Exodus 12:29...how can you not know this one...
I could probably find many more in little time.

clown boy

All of those times, God was punishing a nation for not following his commands. Not because the moms didn't want kids.

jerthunter

Originally Posted by Clown Boy
I'm not hiding behind the government. Punishments should be fair. The set penalty for murder of a child under 6 is death, and an unborn child fits that category.
See that was not hard. You could have just said that right away.
So who should be put to death? The mother of course, and the doctor too, but what about people who supported the woman? Should they be put on trial for not preventing the murder?

jmick

All of those times, God was punishing a nation for not following his commands. Not because the moms didn't want kids.
OK, so he was taking it out on the innocents...sounds reasonable to me

clown boy

Originally Posted by Jerhunter
See that was not hard. You could have just said that right away.
So who should be put to death? The mother of course, and the doctor too, but what about people who supported the woman? Should they be put on trial for not preventing the murder?
Yes indeed. It's the same as someone encouraging someone else to murder a child.

clown boy

OK, so he was taking it out on the innocents...sounds reasonable to me

uh... no... he was punishing wicked nations... does this justify a mom who just doesn't want to face rearing a child?

jerthunter

Yes indeed. It's the same as someone encouraging someone else to murder a child.
It is good to see that you are fully commited to your belief.

jmick

uh... no... he was punishing wicked nations... does this justify a mom who just doesn't want to face rearing a child?
I find it interesting that god isn't pro life, at least not when it's convenient to it. But a young woman who has been raped, who's life might be in danger if she has the baby or continues in term shouldn't have a choice?

reefreak29

1 Samuel 15:3
Psalms 135:8 & 136:10
Psalms 137:9
Exodus 12:29...how can you not know this one...
I could probably find many more in little time.
short answer ...any child that God took was for punishment , pharoh was an idiot. any child God took from this world went to spend an eternity with him so he didnt kill them he gave them eternal life. and i believe any child killed thruogh abortion or whatever will be with God

clown boy

Originally Posted by Jerthunter
It is good to see that you are fully commited to your belief.
I am just as committed to this as I am to the fact that murderers are wrong.

jerthunter

short answer ...any child that God took was for punishment , pharoh was an idiot. any child God took from this world went to spend an eternity with him so he didnt kill them he gave them eternal life. and i believe any child killed thruogh abortion or whatever will be with God
Based on that belief it would seem better to support abortion, I mean if the child is born he/she risks the chance of not going to heaven so using your logic it would seem like a good idea to support abortion....

clown boy

I find it interesting that god isn't pro life, at least not when it's convenient to it. But a young woman who has been raped, who's life might be in danger if she has the baby or continues in term shouldn't have a choice?
Does this give the woman the excuse to have her child murdered?
Let's say that there is a boy next door who throws rocks at me all the time. My life might be in danger if I let him live. Should I kill him?

jmick

Does any of those acts make you a little sick to your stomach? God is all powerful, why would it need to do such acts and show emotions such as vengence and hate?

reefreak29

Originally Posted by Jerthunter
Based on that belief it would seem better to support abortion, I mean if the child is born he/she risks the chance of not going to heaven so using your logic it would seem like a good idea to support abortion....
good for the child i guess ..bad for the mother to commit murder

clown boy

Does any of those acts make you a little sick to your stomach? God is all powerful, why would it need to do such acts and show emotions such as vengence and hate?
What does this have to do with a woman that doesn't want to face child rearing?

jmick

Does this give the woman the excuse to have her child murdered?
Let's say that there is a boy next door who throws rocks at me all the time. My life might be in danger if I let him live. Should I kill him?

That didn't make a whole lot of sense.

jerthunter

good for the child i guess ..bad for the mother to commit murder
Sure but God forgives sins so if the mother was a christian and already going to heaven, based on your logic she could ensure her children went to heaven also by having them aborted. Sure it might be hard on her, but she could have forever to be with her children in heaven...