The Sobering Facts

clown boy

Originally Posted by Jerthunter
So no one else wants to share what a proper punishment should be?
It is murder. Therefore, the punishment has been determined by the government already.

jerthunter

Originally Posted by Clown Boy
It is murder. Therefore, the punishment has been determined by the government already.
I don't know why have to answer it this way. Just say it. I will get you started.
The punishment for having an abortion should be.....

jmick

And not give it a chance to live? This is worse than Terri Shiavo...

Dear god, no Terri Shiavo!

jmick

I don't know why have to answer it this way. Just say it. I will get you started.
They have no answer, that's where it becomes difficult.

clown boy

Originally Posted by Jmick
Are people just not seeing my posts?

crimzy

And what about a woman who has been raped? Do you think it's right to force her to be the unconsentual mother of a rapist's child???

jerthunter

Yes, it is very simple to say 'this is wrong' or 'this shouldn't happen'. But you can very well have a crime without a punishment. And it seems lame to say something should be a crime but be unwilling to offer a just punishment for it.

clown boy

...the same as the punishment would be to kill a baby that is 1 month old.

jerthunter

...the same as the punishment would be to kill a baby that is 1 month old.
Which would be.....

clown boy

Originally Posted by crimzy
Do you think it's right to force her to be the unconsentual mother of a rapist's child???
She can put it up for adoption. No need to destroy the child!

jmick

She can put it up for adoption. No need to destroy the child!
Wow, so she should go the next 9 months with a constant reminder of the brutal assult she suffered?

clown boy

Which would be.....
In my state, it's a capital crime to murder someone under the age of six...

reefreak29

Wow, so she should go the next 9 months with a constant reminder of the brutal assult she suffered?
better that then living with the fact that she murdered a child

clown boy

It's better than murdering him/her!

jmick

Since some of you are basing your opinions here strictly on the word of the bible and god, what do you think of the baby killings in the old testament that were ordained by god?

darknes

Originally Posted by crimzy
And what about a woman who has been raped? Do you think it's right to force her to be the unconsentual mother of a rapist's child???
That's a difficult question, which I don't know how to answer. But you can't justify all other abortions because of one rare instance.

jerthunter

In my state, it's a capital crime to murder someone under the age of six...
You sure are turning to the government alot to set the punishment. Just speak for yourself since you are the one who wants it to be a crime. What punishment do you want for this act that you want to see made criminal. Just say it, there is no need to hide behind the government, no need to pass the buck, give your belief. What would be right?

reefreak29

Since some of you are basing your opinions here strictly on the word of the bible and god, what do you think of the baby killings in the old testament that were ordained by god?
i never stated that, i personaly believe its murder,and can you give me a verse to refer to, i know what your talking about i just dont know where it is

clown boy

Originally Posted by Darknes
That's a difficult question, which I don't know how to answer.
I don't understand why it's difficult. There is no excuse for murder. (except self-defense LOL, but even then I would try to wound and not kill)

clown boy

You sure are turning to the government alot to set the punishment. Just speak for yourself since you are the one who wants it to be a crime. What punishment do you want for this act that you want to see made criminal. Just say it, there is no need to hide behind the government, no need to pass the buck, give your belief. What would be right?
I'm not hiding behind the government. Punishments should be fair. The set penalty for murder of a child under 6 is death, and an unborn child fits that category.