trying a 75 AGAIN

matt b

Originally Posted by regina13
http:///forum/post/2621079
I love all the new stuff. I thought you said no to another clam..

Looking good!

I did but I could not help it

GOOD NEWS!!! I can see the little tails moving around in the cardinals mouth. Only a few more days or a week until he spits them out!! I dont think I am going to raise them cause of the fact they need fed live brine shrimp so many times aday. But I am hoping a few will live like the other one did.

K

kat74

Originally Posted by MaTT B
http:///forum/post/2620849
And thank you kat the mandarin is now named greenie.
That is THREE of your fish that I have named now!~

and man, how often do cardinals have babies because yours must be like rabbits!
How is the little one doing from the first batch?
and WOW, the flow you must have in your tank must be like hurricane season for your critters. (Looking at the pic showing the surface) You need to put little surf boards in there for them and let them play!~

-SIGNED
KIM

matt b

Originally Posted by KAT74
http:///forum/post/2621133
That is THREE of your fish that I have named now!~

and man, how often do cardinals have babies because yours must be like rabbits!
How is the little one doing from the first batch?
and WOW, the flow you must have in your tank must be like hurricane season for your critters. (Looking at the pic showing the surface) You need to put little surf boards in there for them and let them play!~

-SIGNED
KIM

The one from the 1st batch is doing great and getting BIG. This is the 2nd batch so far in a month and a half. Ya the flow is pretty crazy but my corals love it and the only fish that have problems swimming are my bi colored bleeny and greenie has a little trouble but not much. My blenny LOVES hanging on my acros he will like wrap himself around it.

matt b

Cause of the fact that I already have a mag5 AND mag7 I am going to setup a sump. It is only going to have heaters and skimmer. I will keep my HOB fuge so I can save room for a better skimmer in the sump. The only problem is I have to find a size tank that is big enuf but will fit thru the doors. I am hoping my LFS will let me take a tank home and if it dose not fit return it and try again. Heres what it will look like. And I am thinking a octo skimmer but I will have to save and sell alot of frags for that.

nallender

Great Tank!!! I am just getting my first tank ready to go. It's 75g and I am getting a new skimmer/ filter before i set it up. The LR and livestock are currently waiting in a friends 30g tank until mine is ready to go. Reading through your thread and seeing your progress is encouraging. I will definately do my best to take it slow and be patient.
What type of filtration are you using and what price range am I looking at to get a decent filtration system set up?

matt b

Originally Posted by nallender
http:///forum/post/2621679
Great Tank!!! I am just getting my first tank ready to go. It's 75g and I am getting a new skimmer/ filter before i set it up. The LR and livestock are currently waiting in a friends 30g tank until mine is ready to go. Reading through your thread and seeing your progress is encouraging. I will definately do my best to take it slow and be patient.
What type of filtration are you using and what price range am I looking at to get a decent filtration system set up?
All I have is a hang on back skimmer (octopus bh300f) and a hang on back filter I turned into a refugium (Took out all the sponges and what not put in macro algae and put a light over it) And a water change every two weeks or every week sometimes. It really dose not need much as long asd you keep up with water changes and have a good skimmer.
I did not spend more then 400 on my filter system.

nallender

Can u post a pic of the filter you converted into a refugium? I have a hang on filter that I can use but I would like to see how yours works before I make a dumb mistake! The filter I have is a Marineland Magnum H.O.T...
And how do I subscribe to this thread so I can track it easily?

matt b

Originally Posted by nallender
http:///forum/post/2622123
Can u post a pic of the filter you converted into a refugium? I have a hang on filter that I can use but I would like to see how yours works before I make a dumb mistake! The filter I have is a Marineland Magnum H.O.T...
And how do I subscribe to this thread so I can track it easily?
This is the best I got. Alll you do is take out all the sponges and stuff, put cheato in it, get a clip on light or a light strip so it gets light and there you go.

matt b

I got everything I need for the sump for 30 bucks. I already had everything but some plumbing and the sump. I am using a plasic tub as the sump. PIX SOON

matt b

Heres some pix of my pod culture and all the plumbing and sump. I am going to let it sit with water over night to see if it bows/leaks then set it up in about a week when I get my skimmer. And I checked and it fits PERFECT under the stand

hefner413

the smaller plastic bins usually work fine - little bowing. The larger may bow more. Just depends on the plastic they used. Just watch it.. I had one full of rock/water when curing the rock. The rubbermaid slowly started to bow over a couple weeks. I had to add cross supports (aka tape)

matt b

Originally Posted by Hefner413
http:///forum/post/2623665
the smaller plastic bins usually work fine - little bowing. The larger may bow more. Just depends on the plastic they used. Just watch it.. I had one full of rock/water when curing the rock. The rubbermaid slowly started to bow over a couple weeks. I had to add cross supports (aka tape)
You know how there are supports on each side of the stand like in the middle of the doors? It fits real tight in the middle of those two so it wont bow at all.

matt b

I ended up getting a asm g-2 skimmer and it works great so far. I dont have bubble problems with out baffles or anything. So the sump worked out well

matt b

My cardinal spit out the babies some time last night cause they are no longer in his mouth
BUT I can not find any of them so I am guessing everyone had a little late night snack

matt b

I just thought of ANOTHER good idea! The bin thats in there only takse up half of the stand but thats all I could get in the door so I am going to get another one the same size and put LR/LS in it and make is a sun coral tank OR just a fuge. I am just going to drill bulk heads in each one and connect them with PVC. And it will just be more water vol. This is not going to happen untill next week cause my brothers high school grad party is this weekend( I am excited this is the first time I get to show off my tank). And my maroon in the frag tank already started hosting the goniopora

matt b

We got a new camera so here are some sick pix. I fragged my sun coral the other day and it seems to be doing good. And my asm g2 is amazing!

hefner413

That's quite interesting glueing those to the back of the tank. I don't think I've ever seen that before.