Updated Pics, 24g Nano

peef

Whew, so I have been neglecting my own diary for quite some time now, so here comes all the updated pics and info that have changed!
I got rid of the powersweep PH because it was WAY to bulky for such a small tank. I added the new NANO koralia fan, it is SWEET, super quiet and very aesthetic!!!!!
First off I have built myself a sump. It is drying and I have 1lb of chaeto on the way!

I had to load on the silicone as the first amount didn't hold up to the water pressure

peef

Next we have my new corals
Kenya tree frag

Fire/Ice zoos

Green iris zoos (as I call them)

Whammin Watermelon zoos

peef

Then are just updated tank shots with growth and such.
This bad boy has DOUBLED in size in like 1 month or so

My rics, FINALLY a decent picture

My mushroom rock is freaken exploding

My new xenia

I recently cut the necrosis spots off of my gorgonian, this is pre-cutting (long overdue BTW
)

paintballer768

SO jealous haha. How do you keep those new frags from falling with your snails and such? Mine seem to exclusively hunt them out and knock them over

peef

I use an underwater apoxy and it works very well. I would recommend it! I just mix it and then put it on the rock and push frag into it.

paintballer768

Originally Posted by peef
I use an underwater apoxy and it works very well. I would recommend it! I just mix it and then put it on the rock and push frag into it.
Thanks, Im really jealous of your Rics and the Gorgonian. Im saving a special rock for the rics and a nice spot for the future gorgonian hahaha.

peef

Thanks alot, after your suggestion of clipping the red necrosis spots I decided to observe it for a little while just to see what it looks like when it spreads, if it would, how fast, and such. Just for my future knowledge and sure enough you were absolutly correct about it spreading, so I nipped the problem in the butt. Thanks alot for the always great advice!

peef

So I got three new corals in yesterday....pics coming soon
1. Peach Digi
1. Tri color Seneca Acro
1. Montipora Capricornus

peef

So I almost had a big mishap last night. Just before bed I was doing my check-up on my tank and I noticed everything was alot more closed up than usuall so I started to think....I looked at the temp and WOA 88.9 degrees. WOOF, so I started to look for the problem and it turns out my dog knocked into the outlet for my chiller when she was running from fireworks someone let off. So I plugged the chiller back in brought the temp to 80 and let it sit. I would have lowered to like 85 optimally and lowered over the next few days but chiller only goes to 81 so no dice. Everything IMMEDIATLY opened back up and started to look better. WHEW, crises avoided.

peef

Alright so here are pics of new things again
I have moved three zoo frags to this new rock to hopefully get a SWEET fully covered rock with 4 different species. Fire/Ice, Watermelon, and green iris and cool ice.

Bonus frag curtesy of meemmoo THANKS THANKS THANKS
Peach Digitata

New Monticap

New Tricolor seneca Acro, (I think looks like ORA Miami Orchid though)

And this is just a pic I took with the newly found SUPERMACRO setting on my old camera!

peef

So, I was at my LFS a few days ago and I saw this!!! It is an old plate fungia that has over 30 total small fungia on it. They sold it to me for $50.00 after some barganing. There are around 27 babies that are getting ready to grow up!!!!

peef

I hope everyone had a GREAT thanksgiving! I ate so much food I had to unbutton my pants for awhile!

Bah ha!
It was funny my wife was like, "Oh you have to give the tank tons of food tonight for thanksgiving they will appreciate it!" So now I know who never gets to take care of the tank when I am out of town!!!!

paintballer768

I hope everyone had a GREAT thanksgiving! I ate so much food I had to unbutton my pants for awhile!

Bah ha!
It was funny my wife was like, "Oh you have to give the tank tons of food tonight for thanksgiving they will appreciate it!" So now I know who never gets to take care of the tank when I am out of town!!!!

Hahah come back and its gunna be all out of whack and your foods going to be gone. Those fungia look nice, but it looks like to me that your tank wont be able to hold 27 fungia comfortabley.
The SPS frags are looking good too. If that does turn out to be a Miami Orchid, you can say it has local taste to it a bit
Everything is looking great though.

peef

Full size fungia your correct no it couldn't but that is my point. As soon as they are too big, I will frag and sell!! They will just keep growing and growing.

paintballer768

Full size fungia your correct no it couldn't but that is my point. As soon as they are too big, I will frag and sell!! They will just keep growing and growing.
Good plan, you could even give back to your LFS for credit if you needed to, but Im sure you could sell a fungia to everyone on these boards first :D

peef

I will stick to these boards, I can make more money while giving people a better deal than a LFS would. My lfs say gives me 10 bucks a head, sells it for 30. I can sell here for 15-20 and people still save like 10-15 so everyone wins. F-diddy the man!! ah haha