Updated Pics, 24g Nano

peef

So I was reading alot of different things around the net and quite a few are stating no more at ALL than 9 hours a day of lights on. Is this true? I was originally told 12 on 12 off?!?!

perfectdark

My lights are on for 12 hours.
Most photosynthetic organisms used in marine aquaria originate from the tropics where day lengths don't vary much during the year. Within reason, 12-16 light-hour days are optimum, more especially if your quantity of light is on the low side.

blazin2k6

WWhats that green stick looking plant thing ? Cuelerpa ? i HAVE some of that , it came on a LR that i got with yellow polyps and some zoos and it is steady growing. It is green with bubbly looking leaves. Are they bad or good algae ? Thanks.

peef

Yes what I have is calurpa and it is good to an extent. It removes nitrates and I think looks good sometimes. If you have it and it starts turning white, take it out ASAP as it is about to go sexual and spread like crazy. Calurpa sp. is a great addition if you want it. medium to high light and med to high flow. good stuff

peef

So its not open right here, but you can really see just how much my sun coral has grown by looking at the closed polyps. It has gone from 14 polyps to 52 polyps in two months!!!!

peef

I have finally taken the pictures of my new zoos. they are freaken sweet. And I added the xenia in top right corner.

And my ricordias are about to split. They have developed 3-4 mouths each in the last 2 weeks

peef

I ordered the zoos from an excellent seller named redspot here. The first shipment that he sent was lost in the mail due to stupid USPS. He sent me another shipment to make up for it and I got the "lost" one over a week later. I figured they were all dead as could be but I put them into QT and tried to nurse them back to health. They all as of yesterday recovered and came out fully!!!!
YEAH!!!!!!! I just hope that usps covered the losses to redspot. So zoos are ALOT more hardy than I think we give them credit for. a week with NO light NO temp control and NO fresh water lost in Post office land. Whew I don't think that I would live through that.

perfectdark

Originally Posted by peef
I ordered the zoos from an excellent seller named redspot here. The first shipment that he sent was lost in the mail due to stupid USPS. He sent me another shipment to make up for it and I got the "lost" one over a week later. I figured they were all dead as could be but I put them into QT and tried to nurse them back to health. They all as of yesterday recovered and came out fully!!!!
YEAH!!!!!!! I just hope that usps covered the losses to redspot. So zoos are ALOT more hardy than I think we give them credit for. a week with NO light NO temp control and NO fresh water lost in Post office land. Whew I don't think that I would live through that.
Good deal... they look awesome..
my purple Ric just split too. I only had it about a month, when my wife bought them she was told by the store that they took longer than reg shrooms to multiply, but their colors were unbelievable. Apparently they were wrong. The split portion is completly its own entity but hasent formed its mouth yet. My other rics have 3 mouths each but show no signs of splitting.
Hmmmm well I see you dont have any mean greens or super greens or what ever they call them...If your interested I would be willing to trade some if you want for some of those purple zoa's when they start to multiply.. I have the other colors you have but not the purples.. Unless you have the greens and i dont see them.

peef

Hey PD which purples are you talking about? There are fire/ice which have a purpleish center. Pick one you like thats in the pic and I will send it to yah!

perfectdark

Hey Peef,
Not sure which are which...I see some purples mixed with some others that have an orange eye.
Then there's a frag stone on its own with like 4 or 5 purple ones all by themselves.
But I dont want to take what you got... let them propgate first. Let me know if you want to do a trade for some super greens. I believe I have pics of them on my thread. Or anything else you see, pretty much all the corals I have now have multiplied, even my colt coral.

peef

I have two of each kind ready to go. If you want we can trade! That would be awesome. If you want you can either have only the fire/ice or one that has a mixture of fire/ice and green w/ orange center and a few polyps of the kind on the FAR right in pic. Here is a picture that shows a more accurate account of the colors.

Let me know, I can ship anytime you would like if you are interested.

sambasam

Originally Posted by peef
hey since he sent you out another batch and both batches survived did you pay him for the 2nd batch?

perfectdark

These are the newest colors i have. I believe you have the red ones already, but if you dont here they are. These are the geens, and this pic was taken about 2 days after I got them. There are 3 more frags of these with multiple areas to frag off them so I got pleanty. I will take pics tonite and show you...so you can choose what you want to trade for. Oh yea the pic was taken under normal lighting not actinics only. So what you see is what is seen when the tank is lit fully.

peef

Originally Posted by SAMBASAM
hey since he sent you out another batch and both batches survived did you pay him for the 2nd batch?

Nope not as of yet, I have contacted him asking what he would like to do. The post office was supposed to cover him for like 150 bucks or so which would have doubled his money! SO I am just waiting either way to see what he would like!

peef

PD
They are not the same but the mixed batch I was talking about has some of the bottom ones in it. About 3 polyps or so. They are cool but I am not sure what the name is! Top is fire/ice.

perfectdark

I would trade you something for the stand alone fire and Ice if thats cool with you. But, I dont know what you want of mine... Take a look and let me know..
What I have that can be fragged..
Super Red Shrooms, Zoos orange eyes and green eyes.
Super Greens, and reds like you have. Drk green and brown zoa's.. they are really small polyps.
Palythoa grandis... I believe thats what they are called.
I have a stalk of my colt coral that fragged itself I have to get it onto its own small pc of LR but when I do thats up for grabs. I cant have 2 of these they fill the tank up.
I will get pics of everything for ya. When i get home.

peef

Yeah post me pics and we will for sure do a trade! Ohhh I am excited I love this hobby its way satisfying.