What do you think about s-e-x education being taught in the classroom?

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by renogaw
http:///forum/post/2633172
you're nuts! you'd let your 12 year old learn about it from friends, or that 14 year old boy that wants to get in her pants?
your assumption about underage pregnancies is wrong:
Man oh man if ever a quote to hold up and praise, these two right here are so true.

keeping your head buried in the sand about teen pregnancy is absolutely dangerous to children.
ignorance is bliss, them some people are in a euphoric state.
The government is not tell you your child must attend these class’s. You as parent can pull your child out of that class. The government and school board merely states that these subjects must be taught.
The bible pushers cry and cry about their poor children and how they are going to be effected negatively about learning proper health and protection.
My wife teaches fifth graders and student come right and ask about O and A all the time. My wife takes them to the health teacher and they sit and ask all the question they have. What’s so wrong with that? Kids have questions and they go to a teacher and ask questions, uuuuuuuum I see no problem with that.
Some would rather the teacher say I can’t answer that. Go kick your dads head out of the sand and ask him since obviously he knows when the right time to talk to about it. In his eyes the time is not now.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by sharkbait9
http:///forum/post/2633425
The bible pushers cry and cry about their poor children and how they are going to be effected negatively about learning proper health and protection.
umm, ever heard of truency laws you have to go to school? If you don't have the money to spend it on a private school you'll be in the public school system you HAVE to take these classes (it does depend on the district and stuff) but manytimes these aren't elective classes. You have to take them.
It is funny how it always goes back to trying to insult the "bible pushers." Maybe we should start calling you an underage se-x pusher...
After all you are arguing that we should instruct 12 years old how to r-ape another child...

if they are going to have s-ex which most are before marriage and a lot before high school wouldnt you rather have them equipt with the proper knowlege, not hear-say from peers their age. are you a parent stdreb27?

crimzy

Originally Posted by armywife1314
http:///forum/post/2633454
if they are going to have s-ex which most are before marriage and a lot before high school wouldnt you rather have them equipt with the proper knowlege, not hear-say from peers their age. are you a parent stdreb27?
I agree... btw, my best friend told me that I can't get a girl pregnant if we did it standing up. Gravity you know...

exactly my point crimzy. kids arent all that bright when it comes to s-ex because they assume things and we all know what assuming does it makes an a-ss out of u and me. or in this case teen pregnancy or std's. because the kids dont want to listen to the parents and the parents honestly think the kids are listening. in one ear and out the other and on to or under a sexual partner who knows less than they do. lets face reality people if the kids dont get the right information it can cause more harm than good. its almost like doing a dangerous job without the proper training, ignorant and dangerous to everyone involved.

stdreb27

http:///forum/post/2633454
So you are saying they are going to do it anyways. So...?
Honestly, ignoring the retorical puffery of my previous posts, if it was overhauled, I'm not entirely against it.
They shouldn't be teaching it to 5th and 6th graders. Maybe start in High school.
IT would have to be an abstinence based curriculum.
-but mention abstinence and you will hear a "bible thumper" chant at some point.
Maybe enforce the laws currently on the books...
Then go in and explain how stuff is transmitted, how babies are made, address some of the more stupid myths, then lightly brush on preventative measures. Tell em to use a barrier contraceptives. And direct them to their doctors for more specific advice ie birth control

[hr]
and such.

stdreb i agree mostly except it should start earlier than high school. i would say jr. high. if you refer to my first thread here i have a similar opinion.

stdreb27

http:///forum/post/2633481
stdreb i agree mostly except it should start earlier than high school. i would say jr. high. if you refer to my first thread here i have a similar opinion.
Well, the abstaining part yes. The more indepth details and the you know they are gonna do it anyways parts a bit later.

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/2633448
umm, ever heard of truency laws you have to go to school? If you don't have the money to spend it on a private school you'll be in the public school system you HAVE to take these classes (it does depend on the district and stuff) but manytimes these aren't elective classes. You have to take them.
It is funny how it always goes back to trying to insult the "bible pushers." Maybe we should start calling you an underage se-x pusher...
After all you are arguing that we should instruct 12 years old how to r-ape another child...

oh so you want to go that route? I'm Not for rping a child, thank you. You feel you need to resort to making accusations let alone not even get my words right.

Is that going to be your excuse on why schools should not teach students about --- and safe ---????? because now a student will know what tab A and slot B do? And how to use them?
Were in your in your small absent mind did you read me "arguing that we should instruct 12 years old how to r-ape another child.."
That’s a little extreme and a far far stretch of educating students
Education and rping hmmmm two totally different realms but yet you put them together.
You fear educating students. Reread my last post about 5 graders asking questions about S_EX and O and A. Instead of getting people words wrong and trying to put words in peoples mouth, take a look out side your door and understand that kids, students are partaking in se_xual acts.
The days of going up to lovers leap and necking in a car are over. Kids have moved on to bigger task.

sharkbait9

stdreb27;2633477 said:
IT would have to be an abstinence based curriculum.
Were do you live????????? I want to moved to this fantasy land. So when we do decide to have kids I can hang out on your cloud and we can sip country time lemonade together.
http:///forum/post/2633477
So you are saying they are going to do it anyways. So...?.
YES THEY ARE. Did you listen to everything your parents told you do and not do? Guess what peer pressure is a mother and a lot of kids are going to fall prisoner to it, deal with it.

http:///forum/post/2633477
They shouldn't be teaching it to 5th and 6th graders. Maybe start in High school.
Did you not read my last post of my wife who deals with these questions all the time.
Examples of some questions my wife has gotten from her fifth grade students. Trust me they are scared in my brain for ever now.
My boyfriend wanted to have

[hr]
in my back side can I get pre_gnant
I gave my boyfriend a (blank) and i

[hr]
it can I get pregnant
Do those questions make you squirm? They do me and my wife, that’s the cold hard facts. These are not intercity students either. They are from a town that is nothing but well to do parents.
So as a parent, you would fly off the deep end with disgust and horror (as I would too) and any parent for that matter. If your child came home and repeated what these students do at partys and at other locations of just hanging out.
So again, if a child/student would not come to their parent, but feel safe going to a teacher what’s the big deal if they get knowledge from a teacher.
Can you remember what you use to think and feel when some one brought up your parents having s_ex
That’s how they feel.

renogaw

Originally Posted by sharkbait9
http:///forum/post/2633533
The days of going up to lovers leap and necking in a car are over. Kids have moved on to bigger task.
heck, in middle school in new britain a few weeks back, a girl was doing O on her boyfriend, IN THE CLASS, with the other students watching/recording on phones, WITH the substitute teacher at the front of the class!!!!!!!

ci11337

during my health class the teacher had a wooden p-e-n-i-s named Woody for condom demonstrations.
That class sure is uncomfortable but i think it's necessary. Definitely not gonna keep everyone from doing something stupid but i'm sure it helps. You should have seen the look on this one chicks face when she realized she could have gotten an STD doing something that she did.

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by ci11337
http:///forum/post/2633660
during my health class the teacher had a wooden p-e-n-i-s named Woody for condom demonstrations.
That class sure is uncomfortable but i think it's necessary. Definitely not gonna keep everyone from doing something stupid but i'm sure it helps. You should have seen the look on this one chicks face when she realized she could have gotten an STD doing something that she did.
I can believe that. students just don't know or naive and parents don't want their babies to grow up.

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by renogaw
http:///forum/post/2633644
heck, in middle school in new britain a few weeks back, a girl was doing O on her boyfriend, IN THE CLASS, with the other students watching/recording on phones, WITH the substitute teacher at the front of the class!!!!!!!
yeah i don't know my self what happened to not wanting to let others find out, but its a game now to girls.

clownfish11

yah my teacher has the "box of treats"..I think you can use your imagination on taht one...I honeslty have the wierdest teacher in the world...shes sooo wierd like it makes me mad..haha it doesnt change anything, but some girls ask questions from what they did to find out what can happen to them, and try and make it sound like they arn't asking for any specific reason..we have 1 prego girl so far freshman year, but many lucky ones who had saftey :-D

trainfever

I just happened to have a roomful of kids while I was reading this thread, 3 girls and 2 boys, ages 11-13. I asked them would they rather be taught s.e.x. ed at home or at school. One boy said he would rather be taught by his father and the other four said school. All of the girls said they would prefer female teachers and the boy said it didnt matter if the teacher was male or female but all of them said that they had to feel comfartable around the teacher.
I personally was raised by my mother(my father died when I was 4) and would not have wanted to be taught by her. I went to an all boy high school and was taught by male teachers. I think s.e.x. ed should be taught in school by qualified teachers but there should be certain guidelines as to what things are going to be taught. How to put a condom on is not one of them. I think abstinence should be a high priority, along with what happens when having s.e.x at a young age.

ci11337

"some girls ask questions from what they did to find out what can happen to them, and try and make it sound like they arn't asking for any specific reason..."
This has happened sooo many times in my class, I basically sleep through the class until i hear a chick say, "What if.."

clownfish11

same and theres this one kid(perfectly normal) he has seizurs sometimes so im awake fro that...I feel asleep during a movie, and the whole class waited like 10min for me to wake up..it was great...
not really on topic, but a few days ago some girl asking how much the warrant for hitlers arrest was!!!
I was laughing so hard..

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by trainfever
http:///forum/post/2633714
I just happened to have a roomful of kids while I was reading this thread, 3 girls and 2 boys, ages 11-13. I asked them would they rather be taught s.e.x. ed at home or at school. One boy said he would rather be taught by his father and the other four said school. All of the girls said they would prefer female teachers and the boy said it didnt matter if the teacher was male or female but all of them said that they had to feel comfartable around the teacher.
I personally was raised by my mother(my father died when I was 4) and would not have wanted to be taught by her. I went to an all boy high school and was taught by male teachers. I think s.e.x. ed should be taught in school by qualified teachers but there should be certain guidelines as to what things are going to be taught. How to put a condom on is not one of them. I think abstinence should be a high priority, along with what happens when having s.e.x at a young age.
Can't speak for other states but NJ has a very strong s_ex ed curriculum. Taught by health teacher. Girls with the female teacher and the boys go with the male teacher. Each teachers goes over their perspective group and only touch’s basics about the other s_ex.
I know when I was in school if a students parent did not want their child to be in that class they were removed and placed in a gym class until the se_x ed was over. Pretty much it was an advance health class.
At least you as a parent asked your kids about the subject and respected their choice.

Were you shocked or upset by their choice of education?
Abstinence is a high priority. I think it is a focal point in the class. The teachers word it a certain way like if you should fall to peer pressure make sure to protect your self from A B C D and E

wangotango

Having gone through s-e-x ed I guess I could post my opinion.
Obviously there needs to be some level of maturity. If you say the "P" word and everyone starts giggling it's probably not the right time. Late middle school/early high school seems right (of course you can question the maturity then too).
Of course if the school didn't teach it kids could learn from their friends (cuz they're accurate), and I'm sure a lot of parents probably don't feel comfortable with the subject. Better have someone who knows what they're talking about and has access to cirriculum and materials teach it.
We've studied both reproductive systems inside/out, learned about every STD known to man: how you get them, how you treat them etc, pregnancy, and for birth control we had a demo with just about every contraceptive available all laid out, learned what they were and how you use them.
Teaching abstinance only works to a point, but you should at least be aware of what else is out there.
It's no different that learning about evolution or anything else. You listen, you take from it what you want if you don't agree so that's your right.
-Justin