What do you think about s-e-x education being taught in the classroom?

stdreb27

Originally Posted by sharkbait9
http:///forum/post/2633533
oh so you want to go that route? I'm Not for rping a child, thank you. You feel you need to resort to making accusations let alone not even get my words right.

Any
between minors is considered ---- regardless of intentions or consent.

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/2633947
Any
between minors is considered ---- regardless of intentions or consent.

what???
I never said for them to go and perform the act. Where are you getting this? . I would rather live in the real world and know that if they are going to experiment they have been taught the truth.
If they do go and try it they have the F-ING knowledge to know what is true and what is a lie and what going to hurt them.
Maybe school was a bad time for you since seem to not comprehend what I wrote and like to add your own spin to my words.
I still have not seen a quote from me where I pushed under age s-ex as you seem to say I said.
for being in your mid 20's you really are closed minded.

aquaknight

http:///forum/post/2633983
what???
I never said for them to go and perform the act. Where are you getting this? . I would rather live in the real world and know that if they are going to experiment they have been taught the truth.
If they do go and try it they have the F-ING knowledge to know what is true and what is a lie and what going to hurt them.
Maybe school was a bad time for you since seem to not comprehend what I wrote and like to add your own spin to my words.
I still have not seen a quote from me where I pushed under age s-ex as you seem to say I said.
You are miss understanding. I couldn't believe it either and obviously I don't agree with the issue.
But what stdreb is trying to say is that se-x between minors, if even you don't consider it ra-pe, and they both were 'consenting,' one of them still could tried for rap-e. It doesn't matter if they both were minors.
He makes a valid point in that, would you teach 'how to safely shoot up heroine' in school? Well some kids are going to it anyway? It would be hypocritical of me to say I would still feel that they should teach se-x ed. and not drug safety. I feel the laws should be changed, but that's a separate issue.

Originally Posted by WangoTango
http:///forum/post/2633911
Having gone through s-e-x ed I guess I could post my opinion.
Obviously there needs to be some level of maturity. If you say the "P" word and everyone starts giggling it's probably not the right time. Late middle school/early high school seems right (of course you can question the maturity then too).
Of course if the school didn't teach it kids could learn from their friends (cuz they're accurate), and I'm sure a lot of parents probably don't feel comfortable with the subject. Better have someone who knows what they're talking about and has access to cirriculum and materials teach it.
We've studied both reproductive systems inside/out, learned about every STD known to man: how you get them, how you treat them etc, pregnancy, and for birth control we had a demo with just about every contraceptive available all laid out, learned what they were and how you use them.
Teaching abstinance only works to a point, but you should at least be aware of what else is out there.
It's no different that learning about evolution or anything else. You listen, you take from it what you want if you don't agree so that's your right.
-Justin
if the kids were waiting until they were mature enough to have s.ex we wouldnt be having this conversation.

sharkbait9

I would not mind if that’s what stdreb was saying. He stated
http:///forum/post/2633448
Maybe we should start calling you an underage se-x pusher...
After all you are arguing that we should instruct 12 years old how to r-ape another child...
My answer to him is find where I said “yes children engaging in s_ex is a good thing. Never did, merly the fact that kids are curious and will experiment.
As to drug use......teachers and school go over drug use in health class. The dangers and so on. You can not compare apples to oranges. S-ex and drugs are two different subjects. S-ex relates to procreation, drugs are ??????? Noting positive to say.
With S-ex there is a reason. S-ex is for procreation and as humans we engage in s-ex for pleasure also. Drugs whether its recreational or addiction has no positive reason, just a bunch of negatives.
Now with prescription drug abuse on the rise, they are talking about that in health class too.

http:///forum/post/2634034
I would not mind if that’s what stdreb was saying. He stated
My answer to him is find where I said “yes children engaging in s_ex is a good thing. Never did, merly the fact that kids are curious and will experiment.
As to drug use......teachers and school go over drug use in health class. The dangers and so on. You can not compare apples to oranges. S-ex and drugs are two different subjects. S-ex relates to procreation, drugs are ??????? Noting positive to say.
With S-ex there is a reason. S-ex is for procreation and as humans we engage in s-ex for pleasure also. Drugs whether its recreational or addiction has no positive reason, just a bunch of negatives.
Now with prescription drug abuse on the rise, they are talking about that in health class too.
+1

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/2634010
I feel the laws should be changed, but that's a separate issue.
So you don't want the government to make it a law that schools teach students and that laws need to be changed.
If kids were ok with their parents teaching them s-ex and parents were ok teaching their kids about s-ex we probably would be talking about a different subject.
The fact still remains that kids are going to experiment and if they feel comfortable going to a teacher then why would you tie a teachers hands and tape their mouths shut.
Living with the hear no evil see no evil do no evil?
I laugh cause the evidence is all over the place and parents are still running around screaming no teaching about s-ex cause kids are dumb and have no clue.

aquaknight

Originally Posted by armywife1314
http:///forum/post/2634039
aquakinight they dont have DARE where your from? here they do but no s.ex ed.
Yes they do. But they didn't teach how to do drugs. They didn't tell me how a sterilize a dirty needle, how to tie-off, etc. They did teach me how
intercourse works though. My point was that I was trying explain stdreb's point as I saw it. Two activities are illegal, doing drugs and minor-aged sexual activity. I can't see how you can condone one illegal activity, and abolish the other, which leads me to:

http:///forum/post/2634052
So you don't want the government to make it a law that schools teach students and that laws need to be changed.
If kids were ok with their parents teaching them s-ex and parents were ok teaching their kids about s-ex we probably would be talking about a different subject.
The fact still remains that kids are going to experiment and if they feel comfortable going to a teacher then why would you tie a teachers hands and tape their mouths shut.
Living with the hear no evil see no evil do no evil?
I laugh cause the evidence is all over the place and parents are still running around screaming no teaching about s-ex cause kids are dumb and have no clue.
No, no. I fully support se-x ed in the classroom(even if it makes me a hypocrite). The 'law' I was talking about was the one that could be applied that it is illegal for two consenting minors to partake in a sexual act. I feel that law does not make any sense and if two minors what to do the deed, they should be allowed.

crimzy

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/2634098
I feel that law does not make any sense and if two minors what to do the deed, they should be allowed.
I get your point here but this would be a contradiction in the law. Statutory r-ape is a crime because a minor does not have the legal ability to consent to the act. There is no such thing as a 15 year old consenting to s-exual contact any more than a 4 year old can consent. I think the law needs to stay on the books but it does not necessarily need to be prosecuted in the situation of mutual minors.

aquaknight

Very valid argument. I had read a post on a law advise forum where someone works for a juvi detention center and had said one of the kids was there because his girlfriends parents had pushed him to trial because of this law and the fact that they both consented didn't matter. In hide sight, there probably is more to the story and I should have more faith that a truly honest case, would be thrown out.

stdreb27

http:///forum/post/2633983
what???
I'm sorry, I've been in a bad mood all day, and have basically been trolling this a bit. I shouldn't have and am sorry.
That being said, I won't now. However I will explain my actual views, without the puffery and salacious language that was previously included.
First off and formost, i feel that this (along with how to brush your teeth health lessons) are the parent not the government's job. Now that being said I do realise the quality of parenting or more appropriately lack of quality parenting today. So I can understand the need for some instruction on the subject.
That being said, the cliche "banana and the condom" type instruction has no place in a jr high or really school setting. Imo the more graphic "safe ---" instruction is condoning the act. And is illegal for minors since they can't legally consent. It is condoning illegal action. (not really wanting to argue the law and its validity or effectiveness)
I do think this is what I'd do.

http:///forum/post/2633477
They shouldn't be teaching it to 5th and 6th graders. Maybe start in High school.
IT would have to be an abstinence based curriculum.
-but mention abstinence and you will hear a "bible thumper" chant at some point.
Maybe enforce the laws currently on the books...
Then go in and explain how stuff is transmitted, how babies are made, address some of the more stupid myths, then lightly brush on preventative measures. Tell em to use a barrier contraceptives. And direct them to their doctors for more specific advice ie birth control

[hr]
and such.
We can argue 5th and 6th graders. And it really does depend on what they are told when they ask. (I'm not a parent yet, but I'd address the birds and the bees by then, they'd figure it out anyways watching my dogs or something anyways) (most of my reservations at this age is simply I want to tell my kids what to think, not some government employee) I know we were breeding various animals, from horses to goats when we were under ten. I think it is a good idea, and most kids will put two and two together (at least the were babys come from) I remember asking my mom, then her taking me to watch some horses breed where she had our horse stabled.
Now I do realise in most situation by the time kids get out of highschool the majority are active, it wasn't long ago that I sat through those ----ed classes. And they were pretty useless. A bunch of be careful when having --- and not saying the simplest thing, "hey moron high schoolers, if you don't want a baby, no health problems, don't have ---."
Don't get me wrong if someone isn't doing something, and the kids aren't asking the parents, you shouldn't tell the kid I can't tell you anything. You don't let a kid cross the street without looking both ways. But imo you should tell them cross the street at the cross walk too.

stdreb i am a parent and i can honestly tell you that you have no idea at all how you will handle having children until you have your own. your own are always different than with any other family member or any other kids. i would say come back and have some valid input once your a parent, because until then imo you dont have a clue.

nacl freak

Originally Posted by nacl freak
http:///forum/post/2633104
Educate - the teaching and learning of knowledge and skills as well as moral, mental and aesthetic developement.
Wisdom - Gained knowledge, understanding, experience, discretion and judicious application of acquired knowledge.
I know of a program where kids are given a computerize baby to care for. They are to keep the baby for a week . During this time the computer records how long the baby cries before being attended to, fed, changed and held. The baby will even cry when laid back down. One of my son's had to care for one and it made a very lasting impression on both him and his brothers.

nacl freak

AM paper had interesting article on gov study The Washinton Post written by Rob Stern. "There are a number of red signs that we are going in wrong direction". "All of us in this field [ The National Campagin to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy] are on red alert"

stdreb27

http:///forum/post/2634219
stdreb i am a parent and i can honestly tell you that you have no idea at all how you will handle having children until you have your own. your own are always different than with any other family member or any other kids. i would say come back and have some valid input once your a parent, because until then imo you dont have a clue.
My perspective will probably all change, that is true. But I do have a unique perspective on the subject since it wasn't that long ago for me.

darthtang aw

http:///forum/post/2634219
This is the single most weak argument I have seen. May as well say you have no right to dictate or wonder how the country should be ran until you have been president then. Because until you have been President of the U.S. you have no idea why President Bush makes the policy decisions he does.

Originally Posted by Darthtang AW
http:///forum/post/2634479
This is the single most weak argument I have seen. May as well say you have no right to dictate or wonder how the country should be ran until you have been president then. Because until you have been President of the U.S. you have no idea why President Bush makes the policy decisions he does.
no but at least in politics. thats why those running have previous experience. senators, congressmen etc.

1journeyman

When was the last time any of you were actually impressed with the public education system in the USA?
Does anyone really believe the public education system could properly handle a topic like this?
Here's a novel concept; Let's teach students to read, write, and do simple mathmatical equations without the need for a calculator. Once we've perfected that we can move on to bigger social issues.
This is simply another step in the Government raising kids so parents don't have too...