Why I'll never vote for a democrat

phixer

:thinking: An 11 second car that gets 30 MPG? Assuming this rate is a highway MPG estimate at a conservative speed of 60 MPH with a 14 gallon tank you should get an average of 420 miles of travel. Of course there are many variables to consider which would change this.
30 MPG = 4.26 oz gas consumed for 1 mile (5280 FT) of travel or 1.06 oz of gas for .25 mile (1320 FT). To travel 1320 FT in 11 seconds would require a speed of appx 123 MPH. 123 MPH in 1320 FT and while consuming only 1.06fl oz gas. How much does this car weigh?

More chrome will make it faster.

phixer

Originally Posted by 1knight164
Darwin Award comes to mind...

Wouldn't that be great if we can get fusion to work for us.

The Darwin awards
I havent heard that in years.
Talk about some serious Jackasses.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by Phixer
:thinking: An 11 second car that gets 30 MPG? Assuming this rate is a highway MPG estimate at a conservative speed of 60 MPH with a 14 gallon tank you should get an average of 420 miles of travel. Of course there are lots of variables to consider which would change this.
30 MPG = 4.26 oz gas consumed for 1 mile (5280 FT) of travel or 1.06 oz of gas for .25 mile (1320 FT). To travel 1320 FT in 11 seconds would require a speed of appx 123 MPH. 123 MPH in 1320 FT and while consuming only 1.06fl oz gas. How much does the car weigh?

Well what I did (coming from an economist) Is ASSUME that I filled it with the same total gas each time I filled it. That is that every time I filled up I got 11 gallons in it. So I would fill up then divide the total distant by the amount of fuel I filled up with. I ended up filling up ever 330 miles or so. It is a hatch. the reason It is a popular import is that it is only 2200 pounds. Slightly lighter than the CRX.
Oh when you are racing it goes down to about 20 mpg.
30 mpg is highway driving.

briandg

Originally Posted by wanabebell
well your friend mr bush has already made this country a dictator ship
the patriot act clearly violates the principles that this country was founded upon
Sorry if I'm saying something that's already been said, but I find it extremely troubling when people throw around words like dictatorship so easily. We live in a republic. Regardless what someone feels about the patriot act, George Bush is not a dictator. Sudamm Hussein, Stalin, Hitler, those were dictators. We live in a Republic. If you don't like the president you have the opportunity to vote him out in the following election. You can not do that with a dictator. A dictator runs the country and uses fear to control his people. I don't recall any instances of Bush using WMD on his own people or anything like that on his own people to control them. By the way, I will say that I am a Republican, and am in support of the Patriot act. We live in a new time where the threat of terrorism is very real, and I am more willing to support measures such as the Patriot Act during these times, than I ever would have been in the past. If the Patriot Act helps to avoid another 911 I'm all for it.
Just my 2cents :).

stdreb27

Originally Posted by briandg
Sorry if I'm saying something that's already been said, but I find it extremely troubling when people throw around words like dictatorship so easily. We live in a republic. Regardless what someone feels about the patriot act, George Bush is not a dictator. Sudamm Hussein, Stalin, Hitler, those were dictators. We live in a Republic. If you don't like the president you have the opportunity to vote him out in the following election. You can not do that with a dictator. A dictator runs the country and uses fear to control his people. I don't recall any instances of Bush using WMD on his own people or anything like that on his own people to control them. By the way, I will say that I am a Republican, and am in support of the Patriot act. We live in a new time where the threat of terrorism is very real, and I am more willing to support measures such as the Patriot Act during these times, than I ever would have been in the past. If the Patriot Act helps to avoid another 911 I'm all for it.
Just my 2cents :).
Yall folks from Georga, What do you think about the legislation that will split fulton county back to what it was originally?

phixer

Originally Posted by stdreb27
Well what I did (coming from an economist) Is ASSUME that I filled it with the same total gas each time I filled it. That is that every time I filled up I got 11 gallons in it. So I would fill up then divide the total distant by the amount of fuel I filled up with. I ended up filling up ever 330 miles or so. It is a hatch. the reason It is a popular import is that it is only 2200 pounds. Slightly lighter than the CRX.
Oh when you are racing it goes down to about 20 mpg.
30 mpg is highway driving.
Many more variables to consider here (coming from a PE) to legitimize the claim of an 11 second quarter mile et at 30 or 20 MPG
too many details, wrong place, wrong time.
Honda's are great cars, I love this little Accord.

briandg

What has bush done for our education
Its worse than ever
In 2 years there will sadly be more foreign engineers than american engineers
Sadly, I have to agree with you on education. Thanks to Bush and Kennedy and "No Child Left Behind", the schools now seem to push for mediocrity. There are less programs for advanced students, because the schools are so focused on everyone passing the standardized tests. The lessons are becoming basically just preparation for passing the tests. This limits what is taught and punishes the advanced kids because the schools no longer put resources into helping them advance further. In a sense, it's both "no child left behind", and "no child advancing ahead at an accelerated rate".

briandg

and going to war without the congresses permission is our right proof of a dictatorship
with the congress it shows that one person (and his team) made choices for his country which in deffinition is a dictatorship
It is the job of the President to declare war not Congress. This does not make us a dictatorship. Congress does have a means of controlling it, they can cut funding for the military. I hope that never happens, but the president declaring war does not make us a dictatorship.

watson3

laughing:...
and on my Milenum Falcon I was able to make the leap to jumbo light speed in less than 11 centons, until the plasma drive leaned out and blew my flux capicitor which completely disabled the warp drive. Now I have to transit using a 94 Honda Accord.
That is the funniest thing I have ever seen on this board..That made my day

moneyman

Originally Posted by briandg
It is the job of the President to declare war not Congress. This does not make us a dictatorship. Congress does have a means of controlling it, they can cut funding for the military. I hope that never happens, but the president declaring war does not make us a dictatorship.
Technically, the Constitution granted only Congress the power to issue the Declaration of War. Believe it or not, there hasn't been a 'war' since WWII. But, as one can see, the President can have a very long conflict w/o this declaration.
I think w/o the Declaration of War, the President must seek funding from Congress.

f14peter

Originally Posted by stdreb27
Well, stick a V-Tech DOHC+ no3 linked with the gas peddle, larger injectors, nice set of headers, a radical cam, a little boost and a computer chip On a 91 hatch, only weights 2200 pounds. will create a 11 ok high 11 second car. oh it did have some Z rated tires on there too. And with front wheel drive it did have the obligatory little rolling start. And well the motor did have 150,000 miles on it. Not really up to honda standards but we romped the ---- out of it. (got the save the mods some work)
(don't worry it was bright Red) a republican car. :hilarious

Ahhhhh . . . like I said, I haven't kept up with all the latest stuff. Back when I was hot-rodding, Jimmy Carter was President, and nitrious was just starting to make its appearance on the streets. Of course, rolling starts were just a no-no, something for somebody drivin' their momma's car! (I'd insert a "just kidding" smiley here but I don't use them!)
Can dig the lightweight too. I had a standing rule . . . never race a motorcycle. Even if it had just a little more juice than a riding lawnmower, I'd already lost the power-to-weight battle big time.
The thing with the turbo'd hondas are they really pull on the top. I have a 92 mustang gt. It pulls harder inthe first half of the track and that makes up the difference on the top end. The turbos leave softer but make up the difference with top end charge.
That I can understand, and know well about. On my '67, I normally ran a Holley 650 w/two accellerator pumps and mechanical secondaries (the famous "Double Pumper") because it made the car a little snappier light-to-light. But whenever we went out to the country road to run a quarter-mile, I actually switched carbs. Kept a Holley 780 w/vacuum secondaries in the trunk and with one wrench and a screwdriver, could pull over and in be back on the road in less than ten minutes. I made sure the bolt holding the aircleaner on was the same size as the carb bolts, the throttle linkage was a clip, and IIRC I had to use a golf tee to plug a vacuum line when running the 650.
The larger carb would give me more acceleration at the back half of the race, which was where I would win (when I did) because as I mentioned earlier, I had a relatively high rear-end ratio and a circle-track flywheel which really hampered me jumping off the line. The reason behind the flywheel was that the engine was built by a local SCCA racer who put it together for a friend of mine (Who I bought it from) to circle-track specs. He also ported the heads, which seemed somewhat redundent since stock 351 Cleveland 4V heads had more flow than big-block Chevy engines at the time. But it was balanced and had a steel crank and rods so I just let that sucker wind up and scream for all it was worth. Caught my share of opponents near the end who believed they had already won and were starting to think about that case of beer they thought they were going to win.
Hey Ol'Salty, I had an '89 Mustang 5.0 LT (Same-same mechanically as a GT without the exerior trim) and loved that car, although my favorite was my '71 Mach with 351 and Ram Air induction.

watson3

laughing:...
and on my Milenum Falcon I was able to make the leap to jumbo light speed in less than 11 centons, until the plasma drive leaned out and blew my flux capicitor which completely disabled the warp drive. Now I have to transit using a 94 Honda Accord.

Seriously made my day yesterday..Was laughing about it while I was filling up my Delorean with old vegetables for gas...Could not help seeing it again...

stdreb27

Originally Posted by f14peter
Ahhhhh . . . like I said, I haven't kept up with all the latest stuff. Back when I was hot-rodding, Jimmy Carter was President, and nitrious was just starting to make its appearance on the streets. Of course, rolling starts were just a no-no, something for somebody drivin' their momma's car! (I'd insert a "just kidding" smiley here but I don't use them!)
Can dig the lightweight too. I had a standing rule . . . never race a motorcycle. Even if it had just a little more juice than a riding lawnmower, I'd already lost the power-to-weight battle big time.
That I can understand, and know well about. On my '67, I normally ran a Holley 650 w/two accellerator pumps and mechanical secondaries (the famous "Double Pumper") because it made the car a little snappier light-to-light. But whenever we went out to the country road to run a quarter-mile, I actually switched carbs. Kept a Holley 780 w/vacuum secondaries in the trunk and with one wrench and a screwdriver, could pull over and in be back on the road in less than ten minutes. I made sure the bolt holding the aircleaner on was the same size as the carb bolts, the throttle linkage was a clip, and IIRC I had to use a golf tee to plug a vacuum line when running the 650.
The larger carb would give me more acceleration at the back half of the race, which was where I would win (when I did) because as I mentioned earlier, I had a relatively high rear-end ratio and a circle-track flywheel which really hampered me jumping off the line. The reason behind the flywheel was that the engine was built by a local SCCA racer who put it together for a friend of mine (Who I bought it from) to circle-track specs. He also ported the heads, which seemed somewhat redundent since stock 351 Cleveland 4V heads had more flow than big-block Chevy engines at the time. But it was balanced and had a steel crank and rods so I just let that sucker wind up and scream for all it was worth. Caught my share of opponents near the end who believed they had already won and were starting to think about that case of beer they thought they were going to win.
Hey Ol'Salty, I had an '89 Mustang 5.0 LT (Same-same mechanically as a GT without the exerior trim) and loved that car, although my favorite was my '71 Mach with 351 and Ram Air induction.
Don't forget the other rull, never race a bug!
When I'm out of college and have a few bucks. that I'm not blowing on my fishtank. I'm going to get a bug. I've seen them do low 10's on the quarter. That would be soooo much fun, to pull up to this guys camero or fox body and smoke them in a dinky bug.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by watson3

Seriously made my day yesterday..Was laughing about it while I was filling up my Delorean with old vegetables for gas...Could not help seeing it again...

Well have fun in your delorean, but remember that white power you might find under the front seat from the ol boy that ran the delorean factory
forced him to liquidate his company.

xdave

Heres a great idea for our safety, what if the government made everyone get a national id card with a chip in it that could be tracked by satellite. The government is saying only a few feet but the manufacturers are bragging about the satellite capabilities. They could give contracts to private companies to make them to save the government money and help American companies. Wait... then the government could have access to all information about us with no warrant, even where we go for lunch. Oh wait, they've already put that one into action Real ID. love that name, huh?!
What else is on the books? On a regular basis this sight will have to report it's content and provide info on the contributors. Bye Bye free speech Yes this is supposedly about blogs, but is it a big jump to a site with discussions like "why I won't vote for a.."? The present government considers this thread political propaganda that should be regulated and censored.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by xDave
.......The present government considers this thread political propaganda that should be regulated and censored.
Actually, it's the Dems trying to hinder Free Speech with the "Fairness Doctrine".

dogstar

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
I worry chiefly about the effects the media has on swaying public opinion.

firefish9

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
Someone failed to tell us or Mexico that... Remember it's the Dems that opposed the border fence. It's democratic states like California that keep giving more rights to illegal immigrants (from all countries)
Tacoma, we welcome friendly and open debate here.
If you are trolling, however, you'll get the boot.

A starving father trying to feed his family who just crossed a desert,Can't be stopped by a fence. Just a 12 yr. olds opinion