Why I'll never vote for a democrat

watson3

I am currently looking for a study I swear I heard that said trees caused harmful amounts of gases too...Will get back with you on that

windmill

I hate these kinds of attitudes.
"I won't vote for him because he's a Democrat/Republican."
If that is your sole reason then you've just made a shallow statement based on a petty objective and I don't think you should even be allowed to vote. People should focus on what the individual plans to do for their state, their country, and their fellow man. When you fail to see past some label to what the person really wants to do, it's not much different than being racist.
I'd personally like to see some average Joe who has had to work for everything he owns, knows the value of a dollar and what bills are - someone who knows what 80-90% of Americans go through on a day to day basis as a President. Not some politicians boy who had his whole life paved with gold. The ability to recognize and overcome obstacles are not only good personality traits but also are crucial to being a good leader.

watson3

Originally Posted by windmill
I'd personally like to see some average Joe who has had to work for everything he owns, knows the value of a dollar and what bills are - someone who knows what 80-90% of Americans go through on a day to day basis as a President.
That is all the Republicans I know..

f14peter

Originally Posted by stdreb27
Whatever I had an 11 second honda that was a daily driver. And it got 30 miles to a gallon. What happened to it? The engine blew.

Forget democrats v republicans, immigration and minimum wage increases, I want to hear more about this 11 second street Honda.
Frankly, I'm curious how this can be. I no longer keep up on drag racing technology, but was deeply involved in the mucle car scene and know an 11 second quarter mile is blisteringly fast for a street car. I know, I rode in one when the hammer was dropped it felt like a giant hand was pressing you back in the seat . . . buddy had a '71 Mach 1 with an extremely built 429, 4.73 (Or so, can't remember) rear end, and he could pull a very low 11 on a real drag strip with slicks (On the local strip made out of an old landing strip the best he could do was a very high 11 or low 12.
My '67 Mustang with a 351 Cleveland with all the goodies could do mid-13s, but that was mainly due to a putsy rear end ratio, and a circle-track flywheel.
While there's a lot to be said for a high-revving small engine in a lightweight car, it is torque that gets a car moving from a standing start (less so than horsepower), that's why larger engines with a longer stroke are/were so popular with drag racers. No surprise the Honda engine blew, it must have been turning an incredible RPM, and without very high quality balanced components, putting a rod through the block or breaking a crankshaft or losing the timing gear/belt is inevitable.
And what tires are used, and how does a front wheel drive car handle the weight shift during accelleration?

Y

yeffre kix

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
Nuclear fuel can be stored in deep vaults safely.
It would be interesting if a nuclear powered rocket could be built where the fuel is spent reactor fuel and it could propel itself out of here.
There is currently no cost effectiveway to dispose of nuclear waste. There has been a fight going on in Nevada for a few years now about a waste diposal site at Yuca Mountian. Congress thinks is safest to ship waste accross the country and store it in a geographicly unstable area.
Now you have the danger of accident durring the shipping and seismic activity after it reaches its destination.
A rocket blasting waste to the sun to be consumed is just too exspensive so it won't happen.
Nuclear waste is poisonous for thousands of years so its impossible to say what might happen to a storage facility in that ammount of time.

ol'salty

More on the 11 second honda. I am going to go out on a limb here and say it was high 11's. Like 11.99. We don't have 1/4 mile arroud here, but there are a couple of guys running mid to low 7's in the 1/8th. But they have built stuff that won't blow up with lots of boost (turbo). You can take a light civic and turbo the crap out of the stock motor and run low 8's and maybe a high 7 once in a while until it blows up. Once it blows up you can get another stock motor cheap at the junk yard. That equates over to a low 12 or high 11. The thing with the turbo'd hondas are they really pull on the top. I have a 92 mustang gt. It pulls harder inthe first half of the track and that makes up the difference on the top end. The turbos leave softer but make up the difference with top end charge. Another thing about the hondas...the won't run on the street what they run at the track. You can make a muscle car hook anywhere, but the front wheel drive stuff gets really funny on the street. And you know that old saying, "You spin, I win" But the original questions would hondas go that fast, yes. But it takes a lot of dough. You could litteraly build an entire mustang for what most of those guys have in just their turbo and run faster. The ammount of money some of these guys put into their street hondas would make a V8 car run well into the 9's.

ol'salty

Originally Posted by Yeffre Kix
There is currently no cost effectiveway to dispose of nuclear waste. There has been a fight going on in Nevada for a few years now about a waste diposal site at Yuca Mountian. Congress thinks is safest to ship waste accross the country and store it in a geographicly unstable area.
Now you have the danger of accident durring the shipping and seismic activity after it reaches its destination.
A rocket blasting waste to the sun to be consumed is just too exspensive so it won't happen.
Nuclear waste is poisonous for thousands of years so its impossible to say what might happen to a storage facility in that ammount of time.
Like i stated before though, nuclear waste has less radioactivity than before we used it. And like Bang Guy said it came from the ground. So in a way, by us using nuclear power, we are cleaning up the environment. The main thing is at least with nuclear waste, you can see it, touch it, hold it. It can be contained whereas most other forms of waste is pushed into the atmosphere. A lot of nuclear waste is "recycled" so to speak as in it goes on to be used in research areas and other places. NC State is one example, they have a nuclear reactor in the nuclear enginering program. They have a piece of donated stuff they use. It's kinda funny, to activate it, they have someone in a radioactive suit lower it in the reactor with a fishing rod....and it glows to life.

ol'salty

Originally Posted by watson3
Read this Tree Huggers...

http://www.geolsoc.org.uk/template.cfm?name=Reaganright
Did you just call me a tree hugger??? jk Couldn't resist. Speaking of tree huggers, did you catch that Wife Swap the other night. They switched a motorcrosser with a "witch/fairy goddess". When she got to the back yard and saw the trees had been cut down for the motorcross practice track, she went all crazy. She said she could here there cries. There were some stumps and she was crying and said that they weren't dead but suffering...It was kinda freaky.

watson3

Originally Posted by ol'salty
She said she could here there cries. There were some stumps and she was crying and said that they weren't dead but suffering
The answer to "What is wrong with this country"

bang guy

Originally Posted by Yeffre Kix
Yes, everything is impossible. We should do nothing.

watson3

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
Yes, everything is impossible. We should do nothing.
We should just shut down everything

stdreb27

Originally Posted by f14peter
Forget democrats v republicans, immigration and minimum wage increases, I want to hear more about this 11 second street Honda.
Frankly, I'm curious how this can be. I no longer keep up on drag racing technology, but was deeply involved in the mucle car scene and know an 11 second quarter mile is blisteringly fast for a street car. I know, I rode in one when the hammer was dropped it felt like a giant hand was pressing you back in the seat . . . buddy had a '71 Mach 1 with an extremely built 429, 4.73 (Or so, can't remember) rear end, and he could pull a very low 11 on a real drag strip with slicks (On the local strip made out of an old landing strip the best he could do was a very high 11 or low 12.
My '67 Mustang with a 351 Cleveland with all the goodies could do mid-13s, but that was mainly due to a putsy rear end ratio, and a circle-track flywheel.
While there's a lot to be said for a high-revving small engine in a lightweight car, it is torque that gets a car moving from a standing start (less so than horsepower), that's why larger engines with a longer stroke are/were so popular with drag racers. No surprise the Honda engine blew, it must have been turning an incredible RPM, and without very high quality balanced components, putting a rod through the block or breaking a crankshaft or losing the timing gear/belt is inevitable.
And what tires are used, and how does a front wheel drive car handle the weight shift during accelleration?
Well, stick a V-Tech DOHC+ no3 linked with the gas peddle, larger injectors, nice set of headers, a radical cam, a little boost and a computer chip On a 91 hatch, only weights 2200 pounds. will create a 11 ok high 11 second car. oh it did have some Z rated tires on there too. And with front wheel drive it did have the obligatory little rolling start. And well the motor did have 150,000 miles on it. Not really up to honda standards but we romped the ---- out of it. (got the save the mods some work)
(don't worry it was bright Red) a republican car. :hilarious

ol'salty

Well, stick a V-Tech DOHC+ no3 linked with the gas peddle, larger injectors, nice set of headers, a radical cam, a little boost and a computer chip On a 91 hatch, only weights 2200 pounds. will create a 11 ok high 11 second car. oh it did have some Z rated tires on there too. And with front wheel drive it did have the obligatory little rolling start. And well the motor did have 150,000 miles on it. Not really up to honda standards but we romped the ---- out of it. (got the save the mods some work)
(don't worry it was bright Red) a republican car. :hilarious
Vtech, no2, and boost doesn't mix forlong...need a vtech controler to turn it off...youprob know that allready ---how much total invested though--be honest...

1knight164

Originally Posted by Phixer
Yes I do think its fair. Stupid people should not reproduce. It dilutes the gene pool.
Wouldnt you agree.
Darwin Award comes to mind...

Originally Posted by Phixer

Nuclear waste? maybe
it could be launched on a path into the largest fusion factory of them all. The sun.
Wouldn't that be great if we can get fusion to work for us.

phixer

Whatever I had an 11 second honda that was a daily driver. And it got 30 miles to a gallon. What happened to it? The engine blew.

laughing:...
and on my Milenum Falcon I was able to make the leap to jumbo light speed in less than 11 centons, until the plasma drive leaned out and blew my flux capicitor which completely disabled the warp drive. Now I have to transit using a 94 Honda Accord.

jmick

Originally Posted by watson3
That is all the Republicans I know..
you are being facetious once more...

stdreb27

Originally Posted by ol'salty
Vtech, no2, and boost doesn't mix forlong...need a vtech controler to turn it off...youprob know that allready ---how much total invested though--be honest...
Well, I'm not really sure how much it would have run retail. When I say we i was me and two friends. All three of us worked at a auto parts store. One was a honda mechanic at some dealership. Most of the stuff was taken off stuff he had collected from building and working on cars. What ended up happening is that he would buy stuff for his CRX and then put it on my hatch. Because it had the more stable suspension. And play with it there. Then after a while he would be ready for it on his crx and we would take it off and put it on that. I'm not really the tuner he was. We had my honda up and running with nos headers a cam and computer for about a year. Actually drove it to Colorado too. Then the engine actually sucked in a timing belt and bent all the lifters. opps. I actually still drive it, but it isn't a shadow of the care it used to be. I will say we never had a problem with the nos boost and all that just the stupid timing belt.
It was a poorboy job, just like my fish tank. It probably had about with our wheeling and dealing 5 grand plus the car. And some trading of different parts. We had about 3 hondas that we pulled parts from. It was alot of fun.