Will the world end in 2012?

crashbandicoot

Originally Posted by Scotts
Crash, I am glad you got my reference. After I wrote it I wondered if anybody would. BTW, Great Avatar! Almost as good as mine and RU's.

Are you saying my avatar needs more cow bell ?

scotts

Oh man, the thought of seeing Crash whailing on the cowbell like Will Ferrell...that cracks me up.

darthtang aw

Originally Posted by NYyankeees
If and when the world does come to an end it will most likely be quick, abrupt and none of us will even know what hit us, so why dwell over it? What's the point of living if you're always worried about dying. To quote a very wise man: "To the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure." Anyone know who said this, it's kind of surprising.
I have heard that before, for some reason I think it came from a novel...but can't place it.
Dumbledore?

scubadoo

I'll try and do this from memory but will most likely

[hr]
it up.
The Bible does mention signs of the second coming...which will be a period of war, death, etc, etc.
For example, the ROman Empire shall rise again...European Union.
isreal shall become a state and a generation shall not pass before the second coming.
Other signs as well but I do not recall off hand.
If you beleive the Bible...signs are mentioned when the time would be near.
Also, not much "prophecy" exists in other areas past the year 2000.
hard to leave religion out of the conversation regarding this topic..as it is covered in the Bible..and other areas too.
Whether you beleive it or not...it makes for interesting "conversation".

S

swalchemist

Indeed an interesting and civilized conversations which some boards would say was "controversial" well done!

nyyankeees

Originally Posted by Reefboys
Nope dont know. But quite interested. Who was it? Thats a great saying

It was said by Professor Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, pretty cool huh? There are tons of great quotes from HP. My other favs are:
Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light. ~Prof. Dumbledore
If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals. ~Sirius Black

reefer545

The known world will end 7 years after Jesus' second comng. His first coming will be the Rapture. 3 1/2 years after the second coming is when all nonbelievers will learn the true identity of the anti christ, who they will all actually be forced to worship as GOD. The second 3 1/2 years is when the world shall know "God's WRATH" (for credibility of the word wrath, know that it has never been used to describe an event ordained by God in written history - i.e. the flood, jericho, sodom and gemorrah, etc). 7 years after the second coming is when the world will end, and the 1000 year reign of Christ and his church shall take place in the "new world". OH, and He is coming soon. The prophecies are all playing out, and pointing straight at His return.
As for 2012, the alignment of the planets and the sun and the moons therin and therof, are what past predictions are based on. I would definitely be led to believe that some CRAZY stuff will go down, based just on the MAJOR gravitational pull of that one instance in time when all planets and such are pulling the same balanced direction in stead of their usual counterbalanced pull. Im very curious as to what the oceans are going to do. Weather too. Speculations are controvercial at best. I cant wait. I wont be surprised if NOTHING at all happens. It's just one of the RARE moments we are luck enough to experience inh ourlifetime, as it wont happen again for 4000 years.
We dont have to worry of any black hole in the middle of our universe as we are on the WAY outskirts of it.

reefer545

Originally Posted by Strayloc
After I die, I'm coming back as a Bristleworm
Oh, adn as for you, I'm buying an arrow crab if you end up in my tank. lol.

ino

Originally Posted by NYyankeees
It was said by Professor Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, pretty cool huh? There are tons of great quotes from HP. My other favs are:
Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light. ~Prof. Dumbledore
If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals. ~Sirius Black

Seconded! The whole world coming to an end? It's alright! You've got Dumbledore!
hehe, music (or laughter!), beyond any magic we do here....

nyyankeees

Originally Posted by Ino
Seconded! The whole world coming to an end? It's alright! You've got Dumbledore!
hehe, music (or laughter!), beyond any magic we do here....

nyyankeees

Originally Posted by Krista921
im just excited that about how well the reefs will do when we go
:-D
The ones with fish or the ones you like to smoke, lol, jk. Sorry couldn't resist.

wattsupdoc

Most people don't realize that the new testament was written 300 years after Jesus' crucifiction! As well as it was ordained by a man who previously had been a pagan. It is not known whether he truly converted to Christianity, as he wasn't baptized until on his deathbed. He did however, as many converted pagans did, adopt his favorite god as being the only god.
300 years is along time, write a story about someone who lived 300 years ago. How accurate do you think it could be? Even with today's technology. How bout tell a story to someone, wait a while till it gets back to you. How much does it change?
Now the Mayans, that's a different story. Oh wait, they're religion wasn't all that much different from the Roman pagan religion, was it? Well they had human sacrifice, Romans were more civilized I suppose. No virgins in the volcanoes, just slaves in a coliseum. But it seems like to me in an earlier testament there were sacrifices.... Hmmmmm, wonder where the apocalyptic prophecy came from there?

bbq bill

Is the question serious? This is exactly why i don't watch the History channel anymore. It plays nothing about history seems more like doggy doo!
2012 is just another year, well unless that palm reading I had last week was a lie.

ino

How DARE you insult the History Channel! It was made by the Greek gods to show us truths we would not otherwise know!

to the almighty History Channel!

1journeyman

Originally Posted by wattsupdoc
Most people don't realize that the new testament was written 300 years after Jesus' crucifiction! ...
That's not really accurate...
All of the books of the NT were finished by approx 90AD.
The "Canon" was assimilated later, but the books had been passed among the early churches for hundreds of years by that time.