Heres how to REMOVE ICH from FISH safely!

rbaldino

Originally Posted by mujtba
BOTTOM LINE: don't knock it, till you try it.. thats like me saying 'QT IS NOT GOING TO WORK. THE MINUTE I PUT MY FISH BACK TO MY DT, HE WILL GET STRESSED AND ICH OUT AGAIN, SO I NEED TO DOSE MEDS WEEKLY TO KEEP IT ICH FREE'...
it's like most of you are so thick headed to realize that there just may, just slightly, might, tiny bit be a possibility that a medication can work! Maybe some sincere scientist figured out something you guys didn't. Maybe someones IQ is higher than yours. I mean, we can do a heart transplant and remove thousands of micro arteries successfully, we are at a stage where we can cloan a goat, we can use laser surgery to get 20/20 vision, we all have cell phones, we sent a machine to mars, we have evolved so much so fast. Imagine if everyone around the world thought like some of you reefers? Where would we stand right now? What if everyone said there is NO WAY to do a heart transplant and all we can do is let your body cure it. Some of us just are so stubborn to feel that just MAYBE there could be someone studying ICH full time and figured it out! Or maybe crimzy is right, you invested too much $$ and time in your QT, that it irks you to see someone spend $30 on medicine and cure ICH in 5 days!

Im on my FIFTH week and tank looks healthy as ever!!! Hows your QT setups going? How many tanks are in your home? They also said you cannot run a tank without a sump successfully- me, Im on a beautiful sumpless system with just one 150g tank in the home. I don't live in an aquarium like some of my peers. My aquarium is in my home. On that note, do whatever floats your boat. If I find out something that excelerates the growth of corals and brings out their natural colors- my lips are sealed!

I don't think that you can claim unparalleled success after only five weeks, especially when you just had a clam die. Come back in 6 months and again in a year and tell us how things are going. And my QT is only 5.5 gallons and certainly not taking over my apartment.

renogaw

mine's a 20 gallon and i'm insanely happy that i keep it running. i've been able to put fish in time out when they start beating on new comers, i'm going to be able to keep my fish in the QT while i break down my DT cause i sprung a leak, and i can put the new fish into a QT and protect my beloved animals who have gone in the qt before them.
heck, i even qt'ed sand!!

1journeyman

Exactly how I feel everytime I hear the myth that Ich is present in all marine tanks....
Reno, thanks for posting some sources and info.

renogaw

no problem. completely plagerized instead of summarized, but i don't see any copyrite info on the webpage...

kderider

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't you have Ich when you added your Sailfin? New fish, stress, ich present in the tank....
Just wondering.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Originally Posted by crimzy
Just for the sake of argument...
There are really only two reasons why some people want to discount any possibility that this med is effective:
(1) People with QT's realize that others achieve a healthy display without the trouble or expense of a QT. They get very sad.

(2) The experts realize that if there is an effective medication then people may not think they're quite so smart anymore. Even moreso after they've been arguing against the effectiveness of every med for years. To hear about experiences that may suggest they are wrong is very threatening. Again they get sad.

So in the interest of keeping everyone happy I say to QT until the cows come home. Believing these blanket rules about aquarium chemistry and fish doctoring is the only way people will be happy.

Just don't get too sad when the next blasphemist comes around to say that this med worked for him/her. Don't worry the world will still be flat.

There are so many things that could be said about these comments, but since I'm a moderator, I'll have to hold my tongue. Suffice it to say, you are terribly pompous with your way of thinking and, believe me, no one respects anyone who "tries" to get his points across at the expense of others.

nigerbang

Banging your head because you have been led to believe false info and are now realizing it? or banging your head b/c you dont believe the information?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Originally Posted by NigerBang
Banging your head because you have been led to believe false info and are now realizing it? or banging your head b/c you dont believe the information?
Because I did it, and now you see all the fun we're havinng on this topic.

mujtba

Originally Posted by rbaldino
I don't think that you can claim unparalleled success after only five weeks, especially when you just had a clam die. Come back in 6 months and again in a year and tell us how things are going. And my QT is only 5.5 gallons and certainly not taking over my apartment.
you honestly think i will come back in 6 months after how i have been treated?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Its all just a part of being passionate hobbyists, mujtba, don't take it personally. If you go to any forums, you are going to find some passionate hobbyists with opinions.

rbaldino

you honestly think i will come back in 6 months after how i have been treated?

Hey, if everything is still going good in six months or a year, I'd think you'd want to come back and rub it in.

hatessushi

Well now it's my turn to talk. IMO the best way to stop ich is to not get it in the first placel. To do this simply keep your water pristine (includes properly operating equipment, water quality, testing etc.) , feed good nutritious food to keep your fish healthy which includes FRESH garlic, not powdered or bottled garlic. Also make sure the fish are not getting stressed by you or other inhabitants.
My tank has been up and running for 1 year 2 months, and no ich (knock on wood). In fact the only diseases I have seen were Lymphocystis from when the fish were first purchased and QT'd but since then nothing.
The very biggest thing to do to prevent any diseases or parisites is PROPER NUTRITION and little stress. Just like for people.
I learned that from Beth a long time ago

mujtba

Hey, if everything is still going good in six months or a year, I'd think you'd want to come back and rub it in.
nope! thats where your're wrong... im gonna leave this hangin in the air..

Originally Posted by Beth

Its all just a part of being passionate hobbyists, mujtba, don't take it personally. If you go to any forums, you are going to find some passionate hobbyists with opinions.
Beth, I feel like you all are a cult and me, dhav and crimzy are on one side, and you guys on the other side trying to lure us in... i don't take these things personally, but i dont see a point in sharing things in the future.. its hopeless. Everyone is brainwashed..

As for me, im happy the CHEM MARIN saved all of my fish within 5 days
!!!!!
heres my tank: http://s184.photobucket.com/player.s...fs=1&os=1&ap=1
I zoom in the middle to show you the coral banded shrimp ALIVE and HAPPY!!

Im sure many of us here feel Pluto is still a planet!

renogaw

clown boy

You may be right, Mujtba. Let's just say for a moment that you are.
I think you are taking the wrong approach to presenting your discovery. Calling people not close-minded is not the way to go about it... even if you are right.

Also, if you leave this hanging in the air, how are new people going to learn from this thread? They will leave it confused... not having learned much of anything...

clown boy

I am not saying I believe in this method... I am just offering advice.
If six months from now you tell us that your tank is doing fine, many of the people on here probably still won't accept. But some will.
A new discovery backed by time-tested evidence is what I would believe in. As of yet, that's been only the hypo method. But hopefully, it won't remain that way for long.

mujtba

Originally Posted by Clown Boy
You may be right, Mujtba. Let's just say for a moment that you are.
I think you are taking the wrong approach to presenting your discovery. Calling people not close-minded is not the way to go about it... even if you are right.

Also, if you leave this hanging in the air, how are new people going to learn from this thread? They will leave it confused... not having learned much of anything...
if someone is interested in my method, they can email me.. I am NOT going to suggest or recommend 'NEW' things that worked for me or post my progress in 6 months. Im sure dhav, crimzy and several others on my side will be hesitant to post their success. let people continue to do whatever their cult tells them to!