Jackri's 90g reef

jackri

Originally Posted by mariner360
http:///forum/post/2992513
Absolutly beautiful. I love montis. What is your supplement dosing regimen?
15ml each of the two part daily (comes cheap in gallon jugs) and top off water I add Mrs. wage's pickling lime... and I "TRY" to do a 5 gallon water change everyweek but doesn't always happen

jackri

Ok, I was playing with my camera -- nothing special here as the halides were off and just the actinics were on but I thought the clam picture was different and my fire shrimp was actually out.. these are the only 2 pics that turned out even a little as I need to learn more about lighting and cameras

I didn't want to take the "auto" ones although they turn out pretty good -- just practicing but no growth or overall tank pics yet for April.

aquaguy24

awesome tank....how are the acros doing on the sand...i myself just switched to pheonix 14k from a 10k..i love the look but hard to get a good pic with a point and shoot camera..

jackri

Pictures are harder.. even worse last night with the actinics.
Acros do just fine on the sand -- they were on plugs and I finally moved them all out but my green slimer acro went crazy with growth in the sand and my toadstool shaded him most of the time as well.

jackri

I need to get some new pics up -- but here's the latest.
I moved my frogspawn just a bit (reposition in the same spot basically) and never really extended the same... started getting brown algae streamers in the tank (blamed extended sunlight period up north even though its in the basement).
Well did some testing and everything came out fine except my calcium was down to 260-280!!!!!
That and I finally had it with my sump as it NEEDED a cleaning like no one's business -- the sump really hasn't been cleaned out in about 2 years.
So.... 20 gallons of water and 7 HOURS later I finally have a happy frogspawn
and a nice true 20% water change. The xenia is the only thing that looks bothered -- and when I say bothered I have a bunch growing great and another bunch kind of shriveling -- but it's where I don't want it anyways so I'm not really concerned as everything else still looks good.
I've upped my 2-part dosing from 15ml each per day to 50ml each per day and will recheck the calcium tonight and adjust the amount of two part as needed to reach around 400ppm.
Last calcium check was before all this was 380ppm dosing kalk topoff and 15ml of 2-part but the sps and 3 clams really drained it on me

Frag tank was holding at 380 yet -- and showing really good healing rates of fragged corals compared to the main tank which really prompted the calcium test... but yeah testing will be more regular now

jackri

Just got back from a local reef club meeting -- picked up a rose bubble tip anemone

Was awesome to see some really nice set up tanks and do some swapping of frags and ideas.... anyways here are some new pics of the tank -- rearranged some... some fragging done, making room for new and sps coming into the main tank soon -- and a new tank fish that will SOON be unveiled

(sorry pics are a bit blurry this time)

jackri

Bottom left... the picture was all fuzzy so I'll try and get a better one sometime when I get the new tank mate in a day or two (yellow belly blue hippo!)

jackri

Wow I need to update with new photos..... hmmmm new project for this coming week and try and get the difference with the growth.