Luvmyreef's 180g Diary

luvmyreef

Oh, I tell ya. I put the 60 watt cree lights from my nano over this tank and I am hooked. I have already contacted the guy from apollo ref leds. The colors are amazing under leds. Every coral in my tank, including my sps glow!!! It is absolutely crazy!

novahobbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyreef http:///t/378946/luvmyreefs-180g-diary/960#post_3497767
Yep, I am thinking that I should. BTW, I think I am starting to get OCD with this tank, trying to keep it algae free..... Put in new sand, just to siphon it out later lol. ugh!!!
Thank you Krista. My cuc consists of banded trochus snails, turbos, margaritas, nass, ceriths, and now 5 blue legged hermits, and a couple cleaner shrimp. Most of my snails have died off, so I need to replenish them and add a few more crabs, nass, and ceriths. Thinking of adding a fighting conch or two.....
Fighting conchs are great for diatoms and slime algae on the sand bed....I have 3 in my 37g seahorse tank and they really help.

luvmyreef

LOL. I only held it up for a minute and put it back on the nano. But, it you figured out a way to take nice pics under leds let me know and I will get them.

luvmyreef

Ok, just ordered some more cuc. 2 fighting conch included. ;) I did a water change, will check levels later on and post.

luvmyreef

Ok Nova, let me know when you do lol.. Meanwhile, I suctioned off the rocks, the big one in the back of the center island had some stringy slime blobs....&^%$#@

luvmyreef

Ok, feeling like crap today. I have a nasty cold. Tested phos-0, Nitrates-10 (yep, coming down!). So, awaiting my cuc to replenish with. Should arrive today....

luvmyreef

Ok, acclimating the cuc. The cerith snails have what appears to be barnacles on some of them. I dont know if I should introduce them into my system or not. I can actually see one alive on the shell. I dunno.....

luvmyreef

They have been placed in the 10g. There were 3 with barnacles on them, so I will be able to watch them closely. I just didn't want to take any chances...

luvmyreef

Yep, it is pretty neat. I read that they dont survive either, but I can feed this little 10g with microvert, etc without worrying about algae, so their chances are better in there.

luvmyreef

Yep. Cool. The two fighting conch have very pretty shells too. I got pics before they buried themselves, will post later if I feel better...

S

siptang

Get well soon luv, drink alots of oj and maybe get get some tan outside. I always feel better when I get some sun.

luvmyreef

Thanks Sip. It's time for a nap. The cold medicine is making me tired. No sun today......Gotta work tomorrow....ugh......