Makes me wonder....

darthtang aw

You didn't answer the gun range question so I will assume the answer is no. Gun ranges have very strict rules. The idea of kids "Popping off like Rambo" is absurd to any of us who have actually been to one.
are you surprised? I change the muzzle brake on my M4 model so as to not disturb the other shoogers at the range due to noise level restrictions.......

oscardeuce

Remember Obamacare does not even go into effect until 2014. If it was so important, why not start immediately? Why the wait until I am reelected? Have you read about the taxes in the health care bill? From selling your house to tanning salons there are many taxes hidden in the law. We just have to wait until it goes into effect to see them. Your taxes have not gone up as the Bush tax cuts were extended. They sunset this year.

oscardeuce

Answering your prepper question; I spent a few hours at the reloading bench. Finished 100 rds 45 ACP, prepped about 200 .233 cases, 50 38 Special, 100 9 mm, and 50 .357 magnum. Going to the Gunshow to pick up some more powder and supplies this weekend. Next goal reload some 30.06 Match brass I have for long range target practice in my Springfield 1903-A4 sniper rifle and Garand. Any Garand shooters out there be sure to buy the ammo marked for the Garand or mil surplus. Modern 30.06 tends to bend the operating rod in the Garand.

darthtang aw

anyone else having a hard time finding federal .223 shells. everywhere out here has been out of stock for a couple months.......atleast anywhere not trying to rape the price. I can find 5.56 no problem.....is in just New Mexico?

bang guy

I just had 4 pallets of them delivered. They were the only 4 pallets I could find in the country though.

mantisman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscardeuce http:///t/391871/makes-me-wonder/40#post_3477649
Answering your prepper question; I spent a few hours at the reloading bench. Finished 100 rds 45 ACP, prepped about 200 .233 cases, 50 38 Special, 100 9 mm, and 50 .357 magnum. Going to the Gunshow to pick up some more powder and supplies this weekend. Next goal reload some 30.06 Match brass I have for long range target practice in my Springfield 1903-A4 sniper rifle and Garand. Any Garand shooters out there be sure to buy the ammo marked for the Garand or mil surplus. Modern 30.06 tends to bend the operating rod in the Garand.
I bought a case of 2000 round Belgian NATO 30.06 ammo about 12 years ago when I still had my Stevens 30.06. It is made specifically for the M14 and ought to work for the Garand since their receivers are the same. I gave 1000 rounds to my brother when I sold him my 30.06, but have kept the last 1000 rounds in the tin hoping I would one day buy a Garand or M14. I guess I ought to sell it to someone who can use it.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscardeuce http:///t/391871/makes-me-wonder/40#post_3477649
If Dictator Obama decides he wants to take away your guns, that ammo would last about a day against the National Guard, Army, or Marine squadron he'd send to your house. I'm sure you'd get quite a few rounds off, but once that grenade launcher tosses a few through the window, it'll be moot point.

oscardeuce

If Dictator Obama decides he wants to take away your guns, that ammo would last about a day against the National Guard, Army, or Marine squadron he'd send to your house.  I'm sure you'd get quite a few rounds off, but once that grenade launcher tosses a few through the window, it'll be moot point.  :rotfl:
Actually he would use the EPA to outlaw lead in bullets. It has already been tried.
On the otherhand, I wonder if the Armed Forces would confiscate legal firearms from citizens. Remember, their oath is to the Constitution, not the President.
I'd make dinner for the armed forced which show up. We could uphold the Constitution together.
What makes you think I do not have my own legal destructive device?

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/391871/makes-me-wonder/20#post_3477634
Social policy isn't what is killing the economy. It's 0bama's insane level of spending. 16 Trillion in debt by the time we get to the end of this error. That's up over 6 trillion since the day he took office. Permits to drill for oil on federal lands were down better than 40 percent under 0bama, still down by about 30 percent now. You don't think that's added upward pressure on the price of oil? Let alone rejecting Keystone. The more oil that makes it to the market the cheaper it will be. Food prices? 0bama doubled down on foolish ethanol subsidies which encourages corn to be used for fuel instead of feed stocks or food.
Jobs? So let me get this straight. The Republicans have a majority in the house and it's all their fault but Democrats controlled the House and Senate well before the economy tanked but that was all Bush's fault? Yeah, whatever.
What it all comes down to is if our economy crashes there are going to be a lot of hungry liberals waiting for the government catering truck that's never going to show up.
Look where that "spending" has occurred - Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, and the Military. Discretionary spending is less than 17% of the annual federal budget. You want to reduce spending and the deficit? Cut spending to these programs. The republican just tried passing a $468 BILLION military bill, with part of that goint towards some stupid missle defense system the Pentagon didn't even want.
US oil companies are sitting on THOUSANDS of permits that have access to MILLIONS of acres of oil fields. They aren't drilling on them because of the cost of technology to get to the oil in those locations. They are opening them because of the roller coaster barrel prices that OPEC is playing games with right now. Don't believe me, look it up.
Show me the number of significant bills that have come out of the House that promote job initiatives or allow companies to start hiring workers. No, they're too concerned with passing social bills like "Let's get rid of that evil Planned Parenthood".

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscardeuce http:///t/391871/makes-me-wonder/40#post_3477667
Actually he would use the EPA to outlaw lead in bullets. It has already been tried.
On the otherhand, I wonder if the Armed Forces would confiscate legal firearms from citizens. Remember, their oath is to the Constitution, not the President.
I'd make dinner for the armed forced which show up. We could uphold the Constitution together.
What makes you think I do not have my own legal destructive device?
The President is Commander In Chief. Anyone that defies his orders can be prosecuted and sent to Levinworth to rot or die, depending on the severity of the charge. You think some kid that doesn't know you from Adam would want to face a court martial when all he has to do is put a bullet between your eyes? Think David Koresh and Waco. He makes your arsenal look like peanuts. Look how well that turned out for him.

darthtang aw

I just had 4 pallets of them delivered.  They were the only 4 pallets I could find in the country though.
You evil evil man.
I am emailing someone about this autrocity.

bionicarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/391871/makes-me-wonder/20#post_3477635
You didn't answer the gun range question so I will assume the answer is no. Gun ranges have very strict rules. The idea of kids "Popping off like Rambo" is absurd to any of us who have actually been to one.
You must go to one of those Ultra Conservative gun ranges. My main "gun range" was 2800 acres by Terlingua. TX out in the Big Bend country. Used to go mule deer and rattlesnake hunting, along with our "Rambo war games". Some of our hunting partners worked for an oil rigging company, and we used to take blasting caps and rig up trip wires that had bags of flours that would explode when you caught the wire.
AGAIN, my brother was a gunsmith and owned his own gun shop. At the time, he had what is known as a Type 9 FFL, with a Class 3 SOT. Pretty much could own and sell any weapon, including "destructive devices". My favorite weapon that he had was a Thompson submachine gun. Man was that puppy fun to shoot. Did we do some things that weren't exactly considered "legal"? Can't rightly remember, since that was over 30 years ago...

darthtang aw

Look where that "spending" has occurred - Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, and the Military.  Discretionary spending is less than 17% of the annual federal budget.  You want to reduce spending and the deficit?  Cut spending to these programs.  The republican just tried passing a $468 BILLION military bill, with part of that goint towards some stupid missle defense system the Pentagon didn't even want.
US oil companies are sitting on THOUSANDS of permits that have access to MILLIONS of acres of oil fields.  They aren't drilling on them because of the cost of technology to get to the oil in those locations.  They are opening them because of the roller coaster barrel prices that OPEC is playing games with right now.  Don't believe me, look it up.
Show me the number of significant bills that have come out of the House that promote job initiatives or allow companies to start hiring workers.  No, they're too concerned with passing social bills like "Let's get rid of that evil Planned Parenthood".
Really? You don't pay attention at all do you. Discretionary spending...please define. I have broken down the government spending for you before. You just choose to ignore that.
You are the same guy that was blaming bush for the oil prices how many years ago? Now you state the President has no control. Which is it? Because Hypocrisy is blinding.
How many bills from the House...That number would be 30.
http://www.lvtsg.com/imho/2012/06/will-dems-act-on-nearly-30-house-passed-jobs-bills/

oscardeuce

The President is Commander In Chief.  Anyone that defies his orders can be prosecuted and sent to Levinworth to rot or die, depending on the severity of the charge.  You think some kid that doesn't know you from Adam would want to face a court martial when all he has to do is put a bullet between your eyes?  Think David Koresh and Waco.  He makes your arsenal look like peanuts.  Look how well that turned out for him.
You have seen my collection? You have any idea how big or small it is? It may not be the largest in the Nation, but I assure you the few who have seen it do not use terms like "peanuts".
BTW are you admittimg to illegally possessing blasting caps?
Read the oath the military take. The POTUS may be CIC, but the oath is not about the President. It is about the Constitution. You always seem to forget that. Just like when the EPA tried to outlaw lead ammo. The SCUS stopped that.

darthtang aw

You have seen my collection? You have any idea how big or small it is? It may not be the largest in the Nation, but I assure you the few who have seen it do not use terms like "peanuts".
BTW are you admittimg to illegally possessing blasting caps?
Read the oath the military take. The POTUS may be CIC, but the oath is not about the President. It is about the Constitution. You always seem to forget that. Just like when the EPA tried to outlaw lead ammo. The SCUS stopped that.
You do realize you are arguing with a guy that has never been to a true gun range...yet attributes "rambo" characteristic of those that attend these ranges. He has only shot out on, Most likely, Federal land or someones farm.
He also Believes that if the president were to order the military to confiscate all weapons, the populace would stand by and allow it.
He still claims to have shot "Uzis" in the seventies even though only the military had these weapons and access to them up until the 80's.

mantisman51

Even though I have great respect for the military and veterans, I will be honest, I quit going to the Sierra Vista gun club because of them. It is built on BLM land and operated under the Department of Agriculture. But there was an "agreement" with the SV gun club that they would oversee it. There is no fee from the BLM or USDA, but the SVGC(all of the officers are veterans and current Army) decided they wanted to start requiring a yearly fee for their services. I asked the BLM for a contract and proof of a competitive bid process and was told by the San Pedro BLM director that it was a "gentlemen's" agreement. They run the thing like a damn boot camp. "Ear plugs aren't sufficient, we require ear muffs". "You must call out 'range is hot' and "I am loaded" and never bring a loaded firearm to the range". Now I'm all for safety, but some of these ex-sergeants need to learn they ain't running an Army range and us civies ain't newbie recruits. So now I just shoot by myself at my own range. I don't have insurance, so I don't let anybody but close friends and family shoot there, but many of the folks I worked with and their friends and family wanted to come out and shoot at my range because the vets just get too far up their own tush.

mantisman51

Hm, I wouldn't touch the innerds of any of my firearms. Even though I think the Gun Control Act of 1968 is a communist piece of garbage, it's the law and I'm not going to risk a mandatory 10 year sentence if I do something wrong. I owned a Tec22 and the firing pin broke. I sold it to my close friend who crafted one from billet steel. He somehow filed it wrong and every now and then once he pulled the trigger, it would unload the 50 round MAGAZINE(
) fully auto. I thought it was funny, but no big deal. Last year I got a call from an ATF field agent asking if I(the last registered owner of the gun) had modified it. I said all I knew is that I sold it for spare parts after the firing pin broke. Scared the bejesus out of me, especially because it was back around 1992 that I sold it.

darthtang aw

Hm, I wouldn't touch the innerds of any of my firearms. Even though I think the Gun Control Act of 1968 is a communist piece of garbage, it's the law and I'm not going to risk a mandatory 10 year sentence if I do something wrong. I owned a Tec22 and the firing pin broke. I sold it to my close friend who crafted one from billet steel. He somehow filed it wrong and every now and then once he pulled the trigger, it would unload the 50 round MAGAZINE:)t^: ) fully auto. I thought it was funny, but no big deal. Last year I got a call from an ATF field agent asking if I(the last registered owner of the gun) had modified it. I said all I knew is that I sold it for spare parts after the firing pin broke. Scared the bejesus out of me, especially because it was back around 1992 that I sold it.
I almost purchased one of those about 2 weeks ago...was selling for 250....But I talked myself out of it...Now I wish I hadn't.

mantisman51

From what my friend said if you file the breech stop on the firing pin down, the action will move freely and not force the semi-auto firing. So I guess it would be about the easiest gun on the planet to convert. I'm satisfied with my SKS. It goes bang when I want it to and I can unload the 30 round magazine in a few seconds, so I don't need full auto.