My 55 Gallon Thread

gill again68

Stupid thing, or smart on his part, has moved. Tried to get him last night and the coral retracted making it difficult to get him.
Ever noticed the things we like get a "her" and the things we hate get a "him".
Whats up with that

jaxfishgirl

Originally Posted by Gill again68
http:///forum/post/3223836
Stupid thing, or smart on his part, has moved. Tried to get him last night and the coral retracted making it difficult to get him.
Ever noticed the things we like get a "her" and the things we hate get a "him".
Whats up with that %%
because women are the better/superior s-ex?

jaxfishgirl

so, day 36
ammonia 0
nitrates 10-20
nitrites 0.25
the never ending cycle continues...
& i think i am in love: McCosker's Flasher Wrasse. this fish will be mine =D

meowzer

Originally Posted by JAXFishGirl
http:///forum/post/3224216
so, day 36
ammonia 0
nitrates 10-20
nitrites 0.25
the never ending cycle continues...
& i think i am in love: McCosker's Flasher Wrasse. this fish will be mine =D
Beautiful fish...but SKILLED JUMPERS I lost one that way thru eggcrate...
they will find the smallest opening if they choose to

jaxfishgirl

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3224218
Beautiful fish...but SKILLED JUMPERS I lost one that way thru eggcrate...
they will find the smallest opening if they choose to
that sucks you lost it. they are gorgeous. i just saw a youtube video of one flashing today and i knew i had to have one. or a pair. i will make a cover out of net. i saw a thread somewhere where a guy made one.
as soon as this dam* cycle balances out

gill again68

I made a cover with netting. I HAD a pearl jawfish, he died of other causes, and he would jump. He got in the overflow for a few hours one day. So, I went to HD or Lowes and bought some screen door cloth screen and cut it to fit. Got real creative over the overflow. I know you dont want a flat surface when you do this so what I did was built a tee pee style netting over the overflow. This allowed if the fish jumped up there he would bounce or roll back off into the tank. Made it with fishing line and that screen door stuff. If you decide that you want to do this I still have mine up and I could get you some pics.

jaxfishgirl

http:///forum/post/3224358
I made a cover with netting. I HAD a pearl jawfish, he died of other causes, and he would jump. He got in the overflow for a few hours one day. So, I went to HD or Lowes and bought some screen door cloth screen and cut it to fit. Got real creative over the overflow. I know you dont want a flat surface when you do this so what I did was built a tee pee style netting over the overflow. This allowed if the fish jumped up there he would bounce or roll back off into the tank. Made it with fishing line and that screen door stuff. If you decide that you want to do this I still have mine up and I could get you some pics.
yeah, could you take some pictures. the teepee sounds interesting

gill again68

Here are 2 pics. You may not be able to see the fishing line, but what I did was made an anchor point at the top and threaded the fishing line back and forth through the top of the overflow. This is to support the screen and allows for the tee pee. You have to cut the screen in a cone shape and then just wrap it around. I chose to staple it to my hood. Works really well. This way no egg crate and no light blocking issues, not that egg crate will block much light. Keeps the top open for easy maintenance. As long as you have a hood should work fine.

jaxfishgirl

PAGE 8
That's pretty cool Gill, too bad I don't have a canopy. I will have to rig something up. I have a while to worry about any jumping fish. LOL. Nitrite is still at 0.25, BUT it looks more blue than purple.

gill again68

Im having some cake right now in celebration of page 8!
I thought I remembered you didnt have a canopy. I would say that you are limited to egg crate. You could see if that screen I mentioned would effect lighting. You might cover the egg crate but I doubt it. Sorry I couldnt help on that one.

jaxfishgirl

http:///forum/post/3224674
Im having some cake right now in celebration of page 8!
I thought I remembered you didnt have a canopy. I would say that you are limited to egg crate. You could see if that screen I mentioned would effect lighting. You might cover the egg crate but I doubt it. Sorry I couldnt help on that one. %%
I want some cake. Red velvet...yummy. wow, anyway. I really dont want egg crate. I just don't like the look of it. I think I can figure something out. I really like the tee-pee though.
You like tebow???

jaxfishgirl

Oh yeah Day 37
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0-0.25
Nitrate 20 (so hard to read result on API)
Like I said above...the nitrite is in between 0 and 0.25, more towards 0.
Behold, my beautiful BROWN
tank!!!

gill again68

Tebow, I like him but in the football way!

Are you still "ghost feeding" that tank?
I with Meowzer, get you some snails and a hermit if you want one and chunk em in there. Dont take any more pictures of the brown tank.