New 28G Nano Cube for Horses :)

meowzer

YUP HENRY....I know what slough looks like now....LOL
I got a new laptop, so I am trying to figure out how to do pics....here are a couple I just took

spanko

And what you are showing there is the same as what was floating around the tank that you removed?

spanko

Could be I guess. Here is some on a pc. of SPS coral. can't see yours real well but note all the bubbles on this, does your have it too?

meowzer

What is that Henry? Dino or diatoms?
The ones I had had like one bubble at the top....if you look really close in the pic...it is at the top os the "strand"

spanko

I don't think it is diatoms. Did you have any when you set the tank up? Stringy diatoms will still have the brown dusty base, usually. Like this.

S

shrimpy brains

I think I remember reading that you got your rock from someone's tank. Is that right? Did they have dino's?
Maybe it is just some cyano covered in diatoms! Don't freak out yet, algae blooms are extremely common in newly set up tanks.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimpy Brains http:///forum/thread/383946/new-28g-nano-cube-for-horses/420#post_3375102
I think I remember reading that you got your rock from someone's tank. Is that right? Did they have dino's?
Maybe it is just some cyano covered in diatoms! Don't freak out yet, algae blooms are extremely common in newly set up tanks.
I checked that rock VERY Carefully....there was lots o fgreen bubble algae and aptasia.....nothing else....not even any hair
I'm not gonna freak out....I'm just gonna drown myself....
LOL....I'm actually just gonna siphon out what I see, and pull a little more cuc out from the othert anks.....I'm really wondering if I need more flow though

everything seems to be flowing well with the way I have the 2 PH's set....BUT I DO have a KNano if I need it.....I do not want to rush into anything though

S

shrimpy brains

lol.....Well, don't drown yourself in your tanks. Buy some tickets. Go to some tropical island. Have a bunch of Margaritas!

Then go scuba diving or snorkeling on the reef.
Of course, by the time you get there, you will most likely forget about the whole drowning yourself thing.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemmy http:///forum/thread/383946/new-28g-nano-cube-for-horses/420#post_3375114
I think I have dino now. What to do?
Sometimes it's NOT a good thing to copy everything I do.....LOL....Still not 100% sure they are dinos Gemmy,......hang out "Patiently" with me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimpy Brains
http:///forum/thread/383946/new-28g-nano-cube-for-horses/420#post_3375120
lol.....Well, don't drown yourself in your tanks. Buy some tickets. Go to some tropical island. Have a bunch of Margaritas!

Then go scuba diving or snorkeling on the reef.
Of course, by the time you get there, you will most likely forget about the whole drowning yourself thing.
Are you kidding.....I Would kill to go somewhere right now.....AND ONE DAY....I will go

meowzer

OK...Let me ask this....from all I have read on DINO....if what I siphoned out yesterday was in fact DINO....it would be back today...right?
WELL....I am glad to say it is not.....just brown film on the glass like the diatoms does.....

meowzer

I don't think so.....BUT it has not come back either....IF IT DOES (hopefully not) I will get better pics

flower

I know you already have your hands full with other problems, so I'm sorry to bring up something old and passed a few pages back.
How is the skimmer working? Is it adjustable or does it always wet skim like the first picture?
My mother and I were looking at finances and she said we can swing that skimmer because she worked the early elections and we will have two nickles instead of two penny's. So I can keep both tanks going depending on if that skimmer is any good.
What kind of stone and what do they cost? Spanko give you any idea how long a stone will last?

meowzer

Flower....don't ever apologize for asking a question....LOL
The one with the wood stone things in the one I am using in my cube, it was $39 and works fine so far
The Aquaticlife Mini115 is the one Henry recommended ...HAS NO STONES....was $59.99...and so far is working great......I have this in my 29G (rectangle)...SO you need NO extra parts....ever