Sick Doggie

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranberry http:///forum/thread/384593/sick-doggie/60#post_3370771
Stay strong Meowy. They sure are a cutie!
Trying to :( I'm counting the minutes till my next call.......I have all my questions right here in front of me too....I also am going to tell them that I want to come see her this afternoon.....Maybe I can sit with her and try to feed her.....

sueandherzoo

Oh wow..... finally back on these forums after a long absence and the first post that caught my attention was about your sick pup. SO SORRY - I know all too well what you're going through and there's nothing anyone can say or do to make it better.
Definitely go there and try to feed her. Bring boiled chicken. When my pug was in the hospital with pancreatitis I went out there twice a day to feed him bits of chicken.... it's the only way we could get nutrition into him.
Also, take her out for a walk while you're there... get him some fresh air and some quality time with you.... might do wonders for her.
Good luck!
Sue

spanko

No only that but it is also Renee!
Must be old members week or something. I think I missed the memo.
Spanko ( always a day late ) Henry

sueandherzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranberry http:///forum/thread/384593/sick-doggie/80#post_3370792
Meowy's dog is sick... gotta show support.
Just like a real family. You sometimes don't stay in touch as often as you should but when one of the "family" is in crisis, you all come out of the woodwork to rally around. Sending positive vibes...... Lois's dog is going to make a miraculous turn-around TODAY!
Sue

meowzer

WELL....it appears their CBC machine is down today so the blood had to be sent out ...SOOOO no results until tomorrow on that

she is still yellow, BUT the doc says that takes a while to go away
..NO MORE FEVER
Their is one significant change....LOL...she is trying to bite them....haha....IMO this is a good sign.....Pixie is a mean little dog to strangers, and even though she will not eat or get up...this has to be good
They have been force feeding her, BUT I am going there this afternoon....I can not go home first to pick up anything, so I will go to the store and get some treats, IDK what else....maybe a can of Little Ceaser???? Something delicious.....ideas?? (darn I wish I had brought a change of clothes)
OH She is on steroids dexametholyn (?? spelling) and antibiotic is tetracyclyn

gemmy

I would get some chicken and brown rice. They sell the rice in individual containers and u can microwave it.

sueandherzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranberry http:///forum/thread/384593/sick-doggie/80#post_3370793
OMG! Now I remember why I stopped posting here! I can't edit anything! *throws a tomato at the screen*
OMG - I can't believe you posted that because for the past hour I have been SO frustrated with this site and have said to myself at least six times.... "NOW I remember why I stopped coming here!" I was debating whether or not to comment on it and then saw your post. I couldn't agree more - this is awful!

sueandherzoo

Lois, I think you can get frozen, pre-cooked tidbits of chicken breast at the grocery store..... Tyson product maybe? A few pieces will defrost quickly in your car or you can borrow the microwave at the vet's office.
Good luck!
Sue

meowzer

I might just go the the deli and buy a cooked chicken....then I will just take the skin off, and cut up small pieces of the breast....
IDK...I am not going to lunch today so I can leave early enough to spend some time with her this afternoon....

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/384593/sick-doggie/80#post_3370828
I might just go the the deli and buy a cooked chicken....then I will just take the skin off, and cut up small pieces of the breast....
IDK...I am not going to lunch today so I can leave early enough to spend some time with her this afternoon....

It does sound like good news.
One of those rotisserie chickens..I can't imagine any doggie turning down that. But I bet she would like the legs more than the breast and the skin on too.
Take the rest home for dinner and you won't have to cook tonight.

meowzer

Well I am leaving the rest here at work...JIC I can go back tomorrow and feed her some more
I am on my way out the door.....so be back on in a couple of hours :)

btldreef

Good luck!
I really hope she eats for you! I think just getting to see you will make her more comfortable. Still keeping you guys in my thoughts.