Updated Pics, 24g Nano

vdubdan

Nice tank, its getting crowded! I like the color variety of you rics, and I have never seen a sun coral so healthy and open like that! Nice SPS frag too, the blue pigmetation is dope! More pics!

blazin2k6

Cool little clown. Did you try to had another one yet or just gonna keep it with one ? I got 2 in both of my tanks. 2 b/w in my 10 , They are babies still but one picks on the other to death almost. his tail is so bad. But they both stay together like a pair. And i have 2 true percs in my 24. Well i see you are still doing great with your tank so just wanted to say nice job. Keep up the good work. And oh btw on the Sun Coral. If it doesnt get fed much will it live off anything else ? Because lately in the last week it really hasnt been feeding much on mysis or brine :( Well later

perfectdark

Originally Posted by Blazin2k6
Cool little clown. Did you try to had another one yet or just gonna keep it with one ? I got 2 in both of my tanks. 2 b/w in my 10 , They are babies still but one picks on the other to death almost. his tail is so bad. But they both stay together like a pair. And i have 2 true percs in my 24. Well i see you are still doing great with your tank so just wanted to say nice job. Keep up the good work. And oh btw on the Sun Coral. If it doesnt get fed much will it live off anything else ? Because lately in the last week it really hasnt been feeding much on mysis or brine :( Well later
It wont filter feed enough to sustain itself long term. But if its not taking what you are offering it just might not be hungry. Every other to every 3rd day is ok to feed them. And FYI I would stay away from brine to feed it, it generally doesnt have the nutrients in it for animals and corals to thrive off of. Unless its live then its much better for them. You could substitute cyclops for brine that would change the diet up a bit.

peef

Originally Posted by KAT74
Sorry to hear that you lost your little stud!
He was a little stud for sure and such a cutie!
Wouldn't you know it that when I practically gave up on finding a pair of picasso's and found a pair of misbar percs to fall in love with, a pair of picasso's come along with my name on them! I had been bothering all of my LFS's around here about opening an account with ORA so that I could get a pair of picasso's. Well, I got a call from one of them who finally decided to open an account with them and ORA has some "Type A" picasso's that will be ready in about a month (they are too small to ship right now per ORA). He asked me if I wanted them because ORA was limiting the sale of "Type A" picasso's as 2 per customer/store and a limit of 4 of the "Type B" picasso's.
I told him that I wanted both of the "Type A's"! So now I am looking for a nice home for my misbar pair before my picasso's get here. I'll be sad to see this pair go because they have so much personality and they are all over the place looking at everything, picking at everything, etc... just the most curious little boogers. I've heard some recent stories about picasso's dying within a few days of people having them because of some health issues, and that little bit makes me nervous. I hope that the pair I get are healthy and will make it!

Again, I'm sorry for your loss. It's always sad to lose a fish.

Keep us updated on what you decide to get!~

I will keep good thoughts for you and your picassos. I am sure they will do fine! I wish I lived closer to you so I could pick up your misbars. They are beautiful. I will post as soon as I find something I like!

peef

Originally Posted by AquaSpirit04
Wow! Your tank is really fabulous! I like the tricolor scheme that you have going on! Your tank's progression is really beautiful! Keep up the awesome! =)

Thank you very much!

peef

Originally Posted by VDubDan
Nice tank, its getting crowded! I like the color variety of you rics, and I have never seen a sun coral so healthy and open like that! Nice SPS frag too, the blue pigmetation is dope! More pics!

Yeah my sun is one of my favorites I love it. It is way fun to feed! I need to update my pics as I have rearranged once again!

peef

Originally Posted by Blazin2k6
Thanks alot!
I am definetly looking for a pair. I would like to end up with a pair of "Rods Onyx" and I want a banjaii and pajama cardinal. I think that your sun will be fine. They will benefit from the planktons in the tank and the trace elements just not indefinetly. Keep up the feeding schedule you have set for it and it will come around I am sure. Sometimes during period of growth their eating habits change and slow. Then WHAM they freaken PIG out.

paintballer768

Originally Posted by peef
Here is my newest FTS.
I am going to take some macro tomorrow or the next day.
Very nice man. That anemone is getting really big, you could probably add one or two more things if it was removed, but its just so big and awesome, I wouldnt.
Looks like the xenia invasion has begun in there too
. Im going to try to stray from the softies/mushroom spectrum because I really want to go SPS/clam, but we'll see how that goes. A lot of things I want never happen, so its anyones guess.
Im also happy with the color of the bulb you have, because that gives me an idea of what mine will be like. Once it becomes time to replace the bulb, I may go with a different brand. Not sure yet though, Ill take it as it comes.

peef

So I bought a Bangaii cardinal last night. I wanted a friend for my Pajama Cardinal. It is kind of an experiment in the works also to see if they will group as they are the same species but a different breed. They went right up to each other and started to "kiss", gently rub their mouths together for like 45 minutes....
? Weird but really cool. I didn't even think to take a picture as I was just sitting there going OOOOOOOOOOOOO
. But I am going to snap some pics today at lunch.

perfectdark

Sweet deal man.. looks great I love the pom poms on your back wall... if they cover the entire area it will be AWESOME. Get some pics up of the new guys.
I just got an awesome wild caught perc from sumatra.. it looks just like an ocellaris, though. I need to snap a pic and count its dorsal spines to be sure.. it was shipped as a perc though so we will see. In any case its a wild caught one which is what I was looking for. Hes is my QT tank for a couple weeks, hes been at my LFS for 4 weeks.

paintballer768

Very nice guys. Best of luck with both. Bangaiis looks so awesome
Thanks for the help with the lights peef, really appreciate it. After the lights accidentally being on for 7 hrs today, and having the house temperature set to 78, the tank is running at 79. Might be a good sign.

peef

Thats great! I am glad that the temp isn't a big issue for you.
Good deal on the Perc PD, put up some pics for us! My bangaii is kind of being mean to my PJ cardinal now....I think that the PJ is just a weeny and will live in the corner under rocks no matter what fish goes in there. Oh well.
SOOOOOO Great new for me. I have an interview and job offer from Miami Seaquarium to be one of their aquarists.....YEE HAW!!!!!!!!! How cool would that be to have run over a tank that I can SCUBA dive in!!!!! God I am so excited!

paintballer768

Originally Posted by peef
http:///forum/post/2455109
Thats great! I am glad that the temp isn't a big issue for you.
Good deal on the Perc PD, put up some pics for us! My bangaii is kind of being mean to my PJ cardinal now....I think that the PJ is just a weeny and will live in the corner under rocks no matter what fish goes in there. Oh well.
SOOOOOO Great new for me. I have an interview and job offer from Miami Seaquarium to be one of their aquarists.....YEE HAW!!!!!!!!! How cool would that be to have run over a tank that I can SCUBA dive in!!!!! God I am so excited!
Miami Seaquarium is amazing. I would have to come down and check out the tanks if you got a job there

peef

Originally Posted by paintballer768
http:///forum/post/2455132
Miami Seaquarium is amazing. I would have to come down and check out the tanks if you got a job there

Heck yeah man! They have so much potential there. I would go crazy with improvements and coral propagation!!!!

paintballer768

Talk about room for large colonies huh? Stick a frag in there, and 3 months later it will be a monster. I havent been down there in a long time, I really need to go, especially since I started my tank and all. Last time I was there was......maybe 13 years ago? haha

peef

DANG its been awhile. I know a few of the Sealion trainers there and get in for free. Which by the way is sweet since it is $35 bucks a person. The tanks they have are not really that well kept right now. I want to change that. They have a MASSIVE reef ecosystem though that is really nice. I would love to scuba dive my fishtank.

paintballer768

It would be like, totally amazing to have a giant selfcontained reef system. A great little ecosystem that takes care of itself for the most part. I mean, you can now, you just have to donate your kidney and one lung.