Updated Pics, 24g Nano

peef

Holy crap what is it with fish deaths lately? I woke this morning to find my bangaii stuck to my overflow dead as could be!!!!
!!! My PJ is A-ok as always. Both fish ate last night. All of water params are normal. ALL coral is doing great with NO signs of stress. I examined the body and found no apparent signs of stress or damage. WHAT COULD IT BE???? Maybe my PJ is really a psychopathic killing machine that strikes at night? I am sad.....I want to start getting my fish back but the new ones keep dieing?

peef

Anyway aside from my bangaii death here are the new corals I got for 10 bucks.
This is blurry so sorry for that but the Brain

Trumpet

And the other brain

paintballer768

The last brain just looks plain dead, but Im sure theres gotta be some color to it. All that stuff will be looking great in like 3 months. I almost got a brain today for 10$, that was marked at 40$. It was like borderline not-salvageable.
Im not sure what the deal is right now, but many locals, and of course you and PD, have been having fish problems. I would try buying for a different FS if possible. Sorry to hear that. My friends dad (the wholesaler one) says that bangaiis are 50/50, many have shipping problems and dont actually die until a week or two later of being under intense stress. Real success could be claimed after about 6 weeks or so. IMHO, I would try again with a bangaii.

peef

Originally Posted by paintballer768
http:///forum/post/2464535
The last brain just looks plain dead, but Im sure theres gotta be some color to it. All that stuff will be looking great in like 3 months. I almost got a brain today for 10$, that was marked at 40$. It was like borderline not-salvageable.
Im not sure what the deal is right now, but many locals, and of course you and PD, have been having fish problems. I would try buying for a different FS if possible. Sorry to hear that. My friends dad (the wholesaler one) says that bangaiis are 50/50, many have shipping problems and dont actually die until a week or two later of being under intense stress. Real success could be claimed after about 6 weeks or so. IMHO, I would try again with a bangaii.
Hmmm, I didn't know that about the bangaiis so I will try again. The last brain is going to be a long road to recovery if it does pull through. There is flesh and the mouth is closed and not gaping....so there is a chance. I figured why not try it out. I hope it pulls through. If not well I tried and I lost "Tree fidey" So oh well!

paintballer768

Originally Posted by peef
http:///forum/post/2464996
Hmmm, I didn't know that about the bangaiis so I will try again. The last brain is going to be a long road to recovery if it does pull through. There is flesh and the mouth is closed and not gaping....so there is a chance. I figured why not try it out. I hope it pulls through. If not well I tried and I lost "Tree fidey" So oh well!
Yea, I definitely would have bought it too if it was only tree fidey. I hope the bangaiis work out again. If you can, try getting a captive bred one, maybe PM azfishgal. I think she has like 17-19 babies that are like 10 weeks old. Its worth a shot!

paintballer768

Do you mind me asking where you got those frags? I wouldve sworn that I saw that exact candy cane colony at Barrier Reef (located Boca Raton) in one of their "death cubicles" as I like to call them.

peef

I got the frags from a store here in Key Largo.
Well I have been seriously neglecting my thread but here is the update.
I got another bangaii and so far so good....except that he really isn't eating that much, he tries but then spits it out again.

I also picked up a bleaching candy cane for 5 bucks

Check out the massiveness of my nem. I think it might be getting ready to split again

And here is my FTS. I am about out of room in there! Looks like I need to pick up that 46g from Fedel Castro

peef

I have a 150w MH 14k HQI on it. I am just about to add 2 18w Actinics for some more coloration and to help the coraline. Should look EXTRA nice when I get those in.

peef

Yes I do have a peach digi, it is finally starting to spread over its base rock!! Everything is going great so far. The new Bangaii is eating well and hanging with the PJ!

peef

Hey thanks alot! When I first got on here I said the same thing to my wife about a few members tanks on here. So I went out and spent alot of money and started reading up on what to do....6 1/2 months later there she be!

perfectdark

Holy CRAP that Anem is huge....how often if at all do you feed it? Im suprised it hasnet nuked anything in your tank yet. Tank looks good though...

paintballer768

peef, when ever you decide to frag anything in there and are interested in getting rid of it, shoot me a PM. I love everything in there

peef

HOLY COW I JUST HAD THE BEST NEWS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!
So like a week ago I was at a party and I saw a guy had a 75g tank w/stand canopy, sump, built in overflow THE WHOLE SHABANGABANG. So I asked him how much he wanted for it. Unfortunatly he said he didn't want to sell it.
Well.....Tonight I saw him again. He asked if I was still interested in it and of course I said yes I am, but how much do you want.... He said, EH nothing you can just have it!!!! HOLY FREAKEN CRAP! I am so excited!
PD - I know it is massive I am scared....
PB - I will definetly let you know. I think sometime fairly soon I will have to.
Halo - thanks alot!!!!