Why I'll never vote for a democrat

royalgamma

the only way
I would ever vote dem. is if they would start to work towards giveing ever
yone the benifits that they always want to give to the lazy, the useless, and the poor. If I have to pay for those people to get free stuff (food, heath care, utilites) then I should get the same.

sign guy

Originally Posted by Jmick
You have any proof of this?
yes it is everywere. but if you want to listen to the libaral media and then think your argument holds water youll have to find the info yourself by turning on somthing other than cnn or msnbc

beth

Administrator
Staff member
When Hilliary talks about taking the profits from the oil companies, she means taxing them. A similar practice has been done with the tobacco industry. In this case, its rhetoric. If the oil companies are taxed more, then the public will bear the burden since fuel prices will go up.
Personally, I'm for cleaner fuel. What we use is polluting, whether it causes global warming or not. And, it will be running out sooner rather than later. So, its time to step up the plate and move beyond fossil fuels, IMHO. This is something that even Bush supports.

stdreb27

The main difference between tobacco taxation and fuel is that fuel is highly inelastic. And tobacco is but it isn't. It isn't a a need you can live without it gas you can't. And either way I don't really like taxing tobacco either.

phixer

Originally Posted by Jmick
So, who's gonna work the jobs the illegals take if we find a way to close the borders? I'd bet there would be a lot of complaining about the prices of produce and so forth? I don't think they take many skilled positions...unless it's constuction.

Ahh yes... the old who will pick the strawberries scenario. It has been addressed many, many, many times on this site.
https://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/show...t=prison+labor
Prison labor, it works...and the strawberries would cost even less.

phixer

Originally Posted by Beth
When Hilliary talks about taking the profits from the oil companies, she means taxing them. A similar practice has been done with the tobacco industry. In this case, its rhetoric. If the oil companies are taxed more, then the public will bear the burden since fuel prices will go up.
Personally, I'm for cleaner fuel. What we use is polluting, whether it causes global warming or not. And, it will be running out sooner rather than later. So, its time to step up the plate and move beyond fossil fuels, IMHO. This is something that even Bush supports.
Absoloutely correct, but since our elected officials wont budge on this issue or border enforcement it looks the the American citizens will have to make the changes themselves. Another reason I find politicians useless.
:hilarious Did you guys ever think you were Liberatarians?
I scored a 59 on the test, somewhere in the middle.

bang guy

Originally Posted by Beth
Nice post!
At minimum, the Oil Industry should no longer be receiving subsidies. This will also cause the price to rise but it won't really cost more.
I'm actually for higher gas prices. The higher the price of gas the sooner we will get off the oil

[hr]
and into a cleaner, more independent source of fuel.

mr. guitar

Originally Posted by stdreb27
I don't think we should pay for them I think we should let em in. Let them work. Let them get an education. But we shouldn't support them via welfare let them make it on there own.
Agree with everything except working...unless you mean let them work while they are legal.

ukcats

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
Nice post!
At minimum, the Oil Industry should no longer be receiving subsidies. This will also cause the price to rise but it won't really cost more.
I'm actually for higher gas prices. The higher the price of gas the sooner we will get off the oil

[hr]

I have been saying this for years. The only way to get the American public to develope alternative energy is to hit them in the pocketbook! There are half a dozen alternatives out there just waiting for a breakthrough. Very good post!!!!

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Originally Posted by Bang Guy
Nice post!
The higher the price of gas the sooner we will get off the oil

[hr]
And, I think this was proven so very true last year when the gas prices sky rocketed and Americans started buying more energy-efficient vehicles. I've come to believe that the failures of our own auto industry is due to its inability to compete internationally. They produce gas guzzling vehicles that only Americans will buy. That, IMO, has to change. FORD is the inventor of the automobile, for goodness sakes, how can this company be in so much trouble?
Yes, I want the biggest gas swigging SUV there is, but I have to be realistic; its not the best option (except the hybrids). I'll wager that once American car manufactures finally resign themselves to this, they will figure out a way to give us BIG and energy efficient cars.
We are the world's innovators, afterall.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Originally Posted by watson3
Not true, but point made..
Actually, that's not quite right, Ford invented the "ability" for everyone to have cars. Before Ford, cars were a novelty for the rich. Ford made it possible for most to have cars.

stdreb27

I'm totally for cleaner new sources of fuel. I just don't the federal government should have there fingers in it.

cowfishrule

Originally Posted by wanabebell
well your friend mr bush
hate him or love him, he is the president of the country.
how about showing some respect
its president bush, not mr bush.