Tanked!

tangs rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam57 http:///t/387359/tanked/40#post_3411086
Has anyone else noticed the poor naso tang that they show at the end of all the episodes sitting in one spot at the bottom of a tank covered with spots and breathing a million miles and hour. I also give up on the show, while it is cool to see all the fish they just seem to have no idea of how to stock a tank.
+1

Yup - The poor thing has ich - which I suspect is why they only show side views of most of the fishes only very briefly..
It's an Old Persons version of "the Jersey Shore" with alot less fornication and a little less bickering - and seems like every show is determined to cram as many fish into a tank as possible. Behind the scenes they probably fill large brute trashcans with dead fish on a weekly basis.

1guydude

o plz dont say that! I know it but didnt want to think about it or come to the conclusion of it in my head! Guess ur right meowz....these are fish only tanks! Kool but i think any of our tanks would blow theirs away!
Quote:
. Behind the scenes they probably fill large brute trashcans with dead fish on a weekly basis.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, no live rock at all. Everything is fake here, except the victims....I mean, the fish.

cubnb79

i just watched the newest episode (jukebox) and there are some many fish they put in this tank that imo couldnt be more than a 40gal. tank...but i can say they said the "acclimated" the fish..first time i've heard this on the show...but still way way to many fish in the jukebox tank...as its been said before on this thread im sure there is much more thats cut out of the show than happends but it's still very much leads the blind off the cliff on real world of saltwater tanks...IMO

cubnb79

lol i guess i said what everyone else said at the same time and didnt realize it sorry for a repeat comment

travelerjp98

I was disappointed with how many fish they put into the tanks this episode... and how they treated them... kind of disappointing... but I had to laugh at the end when the one guy wasn't looking at his wife, but the tank behind her.

cubnb79

lol yea and she was complaining about it then at the very end she was watching the lion behind him...double standard go figure lol

kiefers

Lol..... yes, the wife and I were watching. The jukebox, the wife and I just looked at each other with drop jaws...... who knew. I did however like the feeding tube idea!!

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiefers http:///t/387359/tanked/60#post_3411191
Lol..... yes, the wife and I were watching. The jukebox, the wife and I just looked at each other with drop jaws...... who knew. I did however like the feeding tube idea!!
LOL...Yeah...I drag out my step stool every morning to feed the 225G....BUT that woman was a wimp....LOL
How heavy is a ladder

kiefers

pssshhhh she was a rich little snot nosed gold digger, the husband wasn't any better, he could have carried it for her. Is this what happens when money comes to play? One gets LAZY and whimpy?

nysignguy

WOW why does everyone have to knock people... they look like thy know what there doing they would not be in business if they didn't. all i see is a bunch of jealous bitter haters.....
just messed up. its a reality TV show its not meant to be a "how to build a fish tank" show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nysignguy http:///t/387359/tanked/60#post_3411242
WOW why does everyone have to knock people... they look like thy know what there doing they would not be in business if they didn't. all i see is a bunch of jealous bitter haters.....
just messed up. its a reality TV show its not meant to be a "how to build a fish tank" show.
It doesn't matter that its not how to build a fish tank
they have no conscern about the well-fare of the animals
Personaly I think people are just gonna screw up their own tanks whatching this show

beth

Administrator
Staff member
They know what they are doing in terms of building tanks. I haven't seen anything that tells me that they know so much about how to take care of fish and how to make an appropriate fish tank environment.
Its all about making money.
I wonder how happy the jukebox buyers are with their aquarium of chaos and aggression now?

gemmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nysignguy http:///t/387359/tanked/60#post_3411242
We're just a bunch of haters.

Actually, the bulk of us on this site are passionate about our hobby. Many of us are proactive in advocating the care that is involved with saltwater tanks. It is disheartening to see a TV show exploiting the hobby to make $ and not giving the proper care to the tank inhabitants. I know I do not want to see people trying to replicate what these fools are doing.

tangs rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemmy http:///t/387359/tanked/60#post_3411268
We're just a bunch of haters.

Actually, the bulk of us on this site are passionate about our hobby. Many of us are proactive in advocating the care that is involved with saltwater tanks. It is disheartening to see a TV show exploiting the hobby to make $ and not giving the proper care to the tank inhabitants. I know I do not want to see people trying to replicate what these fools
are doing.
Fools is too nice a term - I've another that also begins with an "f" but this is supposed to be a PG site.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
You know what is really disheartening is that this is on Animal Planet. I suppose I expected this network to represent respect for animals, or documentaries on wildlife. Not how not to set up a fish tank featuring submerged record players and old shoes, or "hillbilly" fishing either. That hillbilly fishing show is disgusting IMO to be on a network that should be dedicated to advancing respect for animals. More like: "We hate fish channel. Lets torture them! Yippee!"
When is the dog fighting show going to start?